Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275881 times)

YuiTheModder

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.86 (31/07/2017)
« Reply #705 on: September 23, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »

I am so sorry Tartiflette, I may have found the most obscure crash bug in Diable Avionics:

116200 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.util.Diableavionics_customMissileTargetingTool.assignTarget(Diableavionics_customMissileTargetingTool.java:104)
   at data.scripts.weapons.diableavionics_ScatterMissileAI.advance(diableavionics_ScatterMissileAI.java:77)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile$GuidedMissileAIWrapper.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
116292 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Spacer15Seconds.ogg]
116293 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [Spacer15Seconds.ogg]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:25:46 AM by LucyTheTrans*Dictator »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.87RC2 (24/09/2017)
« Reply #706 on: September 24, 2017, 06:55:50 AM »

Require LazyWizard's LazyLib

Minor maintenance stuff accompanied by some QoL balance changes. Should not break your saves.

Changelog:
Spoiler

BALANCING:

- Cramped Hull:
   . Hullmod that prevents the instalation of physically "large" hullmods such as Expanded Missiles Racks of Expanded Magazines,
   . Reduces the missiles fire-rate by 50%,
   . Built-in the Hayle, Vapor and Versant.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Thunderbolts:
   . Raised the engine's endurance to better match the listed range.

- Glowtusk:
   . Shots now more visible.

- (finally) Fixed a mod incompatibility regarding some visual effects.

- Shear tug now has "Drive Field Stabilizer" instead of "Tow Cable".
[close]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:10:38 AM by Tartiflette »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.87 (27/09/2017)
« Reply #707 on: September 24, 2017, 09:11:26 AM »

Oops, forgot to add something in the archive, please re-download to fix the missing icon error.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 25, 2017, 11:08:11 AM »

First off, I have to say I love the mod. And the Versant is such a cool ship! I love flying it.

But I'd like to offer a suggestion. By chance could you consider making some elite versions of the Versant? While it is a very nice ship, its feels like its locked into an anti-frigate role due to its lack of medium mounts and outfit space, which in turn means it doesn't remain relevant as long as ships like the Tempest or Wolf (which you can keep flying as you move up into fighting destroyed and even cruiser-based fleets). While the Versant can be used in other roles... typically other ships can do it better. As a result I found myself modding your mod, to increase the Versant's stats so I could keep flying it without ditching it for better or bigger ships.

So I'd love to see a much stronger elite variant (with an appropriate price tag, for balancing purposes) that myself and others could keep flying it much later in the game. Or possibly specialized variants like the Wanzers LPCs get (artillery, close combat, heavy, etc). Hell, even adding more ordnance points could go a long way to increase the Versant's longevity (by allowing a wider array of hullmods) -- though adding custom hullmods wouldn't be that bad of an idea either. But I'm getting ahead of myself now. Anyways, keep up the good work!

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 25, 2017, 12:17:45 PM »

Some of the Hayle's variants still have them trying to get mods like Expanded Missile Racks and Converted Hangers. I'm seeing them with HULLMOD CONFLICT instead ingame.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 25, 2017, 03:13:57 PM »

Forgot to add a possible bug: Is it me, or is the Versant's "Heavy ILIS" not working on autofire? I've never seen it fire on its own, except maybe for a very short window after the ship overloads and it returns controls to you. But otherwise it never fires. Makes the thing easy pickings for fighters, unless you're willing to give your only two mounts up for PD instead of missiles.

EDIT: The Heavy ILIS seems to only respond to missiles, and ignores fighters.

Also, could you consider rotating the two small hardpoints to both point forward by default? It's a bit of a pain having to wait 1-2 seconds before firing with them while you wait for them to both rotate to face forward. Not all that good for what is supposed to be a high-speed combat ship... and it's probably the reason most frigates have turrets pointing forward by default.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:26:18 PM by Regularity »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 25, 2017, 11:47:35 PM »

But I'd like to offer a suggestion. By chance could you consider making some elite versions of the Versant?

Wait, you don't think the Versant is elite enough already? ? ? ? ? ? ?

EDIT: The Heavy ILIS seems to only respond to missiles, and ignores fighters.

By design.

Also, could you consider rotating the two small hardpoints to both point forward by default?

Can't do that without reducing their firing arc.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 26, 2017, 01:17:11 AM »

Wait, you don't think the Versant is elite enough already? ? ? ? ? ? ?

In my opinion, no. All it has to make it exceptional is damage output. But its survivability is no better than many other existing frigates.

- Its lack of hardpoints and ordnance points prevent it from sniping beyond typical weapon ranges.
- It can't phase cloak.
- It can't hit-and-run very well with its transforming ability due to the time delay (which strips off your shields immediately, but still makes you wait a second before the speed bonus kicks in fully), along with the maneuvering penalty the transformation gives you.
- It shields are pretty bad due to the fact its main weapons (Harvest x2) will fill its flux capacitors in just a few seconds by themselves... not even taking into account additional flux from firing secondary weapons or taking shield damage. This makes it very easy to overload your ship unexpectedly in a split second when your shields take an unexpected hit.
- Compounding the shield issue is the fact its main weapons are locked into the ship (meaning you can't boost your shield performance by changing over to more flux-efficient weapons), and it's unremarkable shield-damage-to-flux conversion ratio of 1.
- The final nail in the coffin is it low ordnance capacity. You lose about a third to flux vents, another third or so for secondary weapons, leaving almost nothing left for shield hardening/armor/speed hullmods to increase survivability.

It would be a fantastic elite frigate if it addressed one of these issues to increase its survivability: if it could swap out its guns so it could engage at longer ranges, or had a more durable shield tank, or if its transformation ability was near instant, or if it could phase cloak. But as it is right now, it's only major selling point in my opinion is its sheer damage output (which, by the way, can be matched by many other frigates, particularly those with medium mounts). So it's not more elite than the Tempest or Wolf, in my opinion. Though given how much love you put into the design, it should be far better -- though again, that's just my opinion.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:57:48 AM by Regularity »

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:51 AM »

The Versant seems like a money sink.

Regularity practically summed it up.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 26, 2017, 02:17:23 PM »

So it's not more elite than the Tempest or Wolf, in my opinion.

Sooooo it's balanced against the best vanilla frigates? Seems to me that it is exactly what it is supposed to be. Also, did you ever tried to put Safeties Override on it? That ship is already insanely strong as it is.

Regularity

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:30 PM »

Eh, in my opinion, the Wolf and Tempest are much better. They have both very strong shield (high shield-damage-to-flux conversion ratios), and on top of that can engage at very long ranges with their medium and missile mounts to stay out of fire. Both of these lets them survive on the battlefield far better than the Versant... especially considering the Versant's 700 firing range, by the way, almost always leaves it in the instant-kill radius of cruiser explosions.

The Versant dies too quickly for its high cost (27000 base price, which is a about a cheaper destroyer or 2-3 standard frigates) and how hard it is to find in shops (meaning you can't replace them if lost). It's not really worth using as a fleet frigate given cheaper and more common frigates can endure battle a lot better. Even a few destroyers with even better attack and defense can be employed for what the Versant costs.

Even if we only look at quality and ignore the price/quantity arguments it doesn't do well. The Tempest, by comparison, at 36000 credits has double the shield-damage-to-flux conversion ratio, has 85% the speed of the Versant does (when the Versant is in speed form), and a drone fighter bay with a high quality drone on top of that. So the Versant doesn't stand out in either quality or quantity. And that's assuming you're using vanilla balance, and not playing with other mods which introduce even better frigates.

If I hadn't modded up its stats in my own game, I would never use it except for catching fleeing ships after combat. It's too expensive, too rare, and too fragile to use in real battle, in my opinion. But at the end of the day, this is your mod, so if you think the Versant is perfectly fine as it is, then it's ultimately your call to make.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:05:09 PM by Regularity »

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 26, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »

Proposal, for the Versant take a break from Front Mission and dip into Macross
Spoiler
[close]
On the left half of the Bell curve

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 29, 2017, 11:05:26 AM »

Proposal, for the Versant take a break from Front Mission and dip into Macross
Spoiler
[close]
I'd think that would fit better as a Raven variant, but the inner fan in me is going "Do it! Do it now!".

Needless to say, that would be cool.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 20, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »

Unless I'm misunderstanding how range indicators work, the Dampened Mount hullmod doesn't seem to work properly. A Tachyon Lance is shown as outranging the Uhlan Siege Laser when placed side by side on the Pandy, despite both having 1k range.

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 29, 2017, 10:48:55 PM »

Since I'm quite a fan of the DiableAvionics  ship designs, I thought I'd do a little "fan art"... if you can call it that... of my favorite ship.
There's still alot of detailing that needs to be done but, I'm done with the general structure of the Maelstrom

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 10:54:31 PM by Arkar1234 »
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 123