Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275777 times)

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.84RC3 (16/06/2017)
« Reply #615 on: June 17, 2017, 01:15:30 AM »

The Haze's new ship system has some serious inconsistencies that basically force you to use certain loadouts over others. Weapons that don't degrade in accuracy from continuous fire aren't affected by the reduced accuracy caused by the system, resulting in them being absurdly powerful in comparison to ones that do.

For example, heavy autocannons versus HVDs.
Spoiler

[close]

This means weapons like the HVD, phase lance, pulse laser, or whatever corresponding mod weapons you have are basically essential for the Haze to reach its full potential, given you aren't just facehugging all your opponents. I tested a lot of other weapons but they all had pretty much the same result. I guess an alternative would be to just not use the ship system with weapons it affects negatively, the Haze is already a powerful cruiser in its own right without it.

...It also affects ballistic PD a hilarious amount.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 17, 2017, 01:22:32 AM »

That's a weird bug. It should not widen the arc more than 10 degrees. As for some weapons not affected, I have plans for than since Vanilla doesn't handle it at all. Beams will still be perfectly accurate though

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 17, 2017, 04:48:05 AM »

Warlusts are a bit weird. I have a Pandemonium going against the simulator Onslaught. Panda gets into PD range (which is quite respectable with ITU + Dampened Mounts) and opens up. Warlusts, even though they have that nominal max support range of 2500, simply hover around the middle of the dreadnought, not doing anything unless I get even closer, when their sniper blasters can reach the enemy without them having to move forward one bit.

Maybe that's just how the support fighter AI is in general, and I suppose Warlusts work well as point-defense platforms, but if that's their intended role, I'd argue the sniper classification is a bit misleading. A "sniper blaster" in a fighter makes me think of close support/assault role, instead of strict fighter/frigate defense.

Edit: Uh, I take it Strifes and Warlusts having base replacement time of 0 seconds and Frosts 1 second is not intended.

Edit 2: Scratch that, I think the Wanzer Servicing Gantry is affecting things weirdly. After starting the game, everything seems to be fine, replacement times are what they should be. I start a simulator fight, things work normally, I end the fight, back to the refit screen. Now the replacement times are screwed up, 5 seconds for Strifes for example. Going back to campaign map or loading a save doesn't fix it, and in combat the replacement times are as absurdly fast as the stats claim. Game needs to be restarted to bring the fighter stats back to normal.

Edit 3: So looks like running a simulator fight, waiting for the wanzers to deploy, and then quitting back to the refit screen reduces their replacement time. Subsequent fights reduce the time further, until it is zero. This persists for all wanzer wings of the used types, even if they're installed on carriers without the Wanzer Servicing Gantry.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:39:27 AM by Hazard »

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 19, 2017, 03:42:01 AM »

is it possible to get the GULF in the game. or is it only in the ship info library?
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

OzOnyx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 19, 2017, 03:43:41 AM »

It appears as a bounty in IBB I think

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.84RC4 (19/06/2017)
« Reply #620 on: June 19, 2017, 09:27:00 AM »

Require LazyWizard's LazyLib

Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs...

SaltyDog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 19, 2017, 11:14:22 AM »

Please stop finding bugs...

No...
Spoiler
[close]

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 19, 2017, 11:29:33 AM »

I hope either LazyWizard or someone else makes a Version Checker that runs outside of the game because waiting 5 minutes to load the mods+game and discover there is an update for something gets annoying after a while.
On the left half of the Bell curve

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 19, 2017, 03:37:24 PM »

..Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs..

You and me both. For me it's "Please don't crash, please don't crash, please don't crash..". :D
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 22, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »

Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs, Please stop finding bugs...

:-X

...Mmmmmhh, I think there's a wee little bug with the Uhlan Siege Laser's hardpoint version. On the refit screen, it looks normal, but in combat the barrel is mostly retracted inside the red turret/housing. Firing the weapon causes the barrel to recoil even further back, disappearing completely for a moment after third shot.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:12:36 PM by Hazard »

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 27, 2017, 01:04:45 AM »

found an issue with Storm. it doesn't esnt to be a carrier. its default command is 'elliminate' and it doesn't follow existing 'fighter strike' assignmeents. kinda annoying.
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: June 27, 2017, 02:14:09 AM »

That's because it is a "combat carrier".

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.85RC1 (01/07/2017)
« Reply #627 on: July 01, 2017, 07:43:06 AM »

Some balance stuff for the tournament, some fixes and a new fighter wing: the Arbitrator Interceptor. It's not a Wanzer, but it is fast and long range!

Spoiler
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler

NEW CONTENT:

- Arbitrator Interceptor wing:
   . Long range fast interceptor for a moderate price.
   . Armed with a single barrel IBIS and an Artassaut cannon.
   . Equipped with a drop-booster to quickly traverse the battlefield. Also usable for improvised bombing runs.

BALANCING:

- Storm:
   . Median turrets got more generous arcs

- Fractus:
   . Ship system changed from Reserve Deployment to Long Range Coordination.
   . Raises the wings range by 3000su but reduces the carrier speed by 75%.

- Valiant wings:
   . Shield now front facing instead of omni.
   . Shield arc raised to 120deg from 90.
   . Weapons range reduced to 400 from 600.
   . Weapons flux raised to 1:1 ratio.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Wanzers Servicing Gantry:
   . No longer allows bombers to deploy new fighters before the deployed ones landed to rearm.

- Uhlan Artillery:
   . Fixed hardpoint recoil.
[close]

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.85RC1 (01/07/2017)
« Reply #628 on: July 01, 2017, 08:33:00 AM »

Some balance stuff for the tournament, some fixes and a new fighter wing: the Arbitrator Interceptor. It's not a Wanzer, but it is fast and long range!

Spoiler
[close]

Changelog:
Spoiler

NEW CONTENT:

- Arbitrator Interceptor wing:
   . Long range fast interceptor for a moderate price.
   . Armed with a single barrel IBIS and an Artassaut cannon.
   . Equipped with a drop-booster to quickly traverse the battlefield. Also usable for improvised bombing runs.

BALANCING:

- Storm:
   . Median turrets got more generous arcs

- Fractus:
   . Ship system changed from Reserve Deployment to Long Range Coordination.
   . Raises the wings range by 3000su but reduces the carrier speed by 75%.

- Valiant wings:
   . Shield now front facing instead of omni.
   . Shield arc raised to 120deg from 90.
   . Weapons range reduced to 400 from 600.
   . Weapons flux raised to 1:1 ratio.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Wanzers Servicing Gantry:
   . No longer allows bombers to deploy new fighters before the deployed ones landed to rearm.

- Uhlan Artillery:
   . Fixed hardpoint recoil.
[close]

Whoa!! Those new fighters looks cool! Kinda having mixed feelings on the Fractus though, since the Reserve Deployment was the closest thing that reminds me of the wanzer spam tactic I used to do back in 0.7.2a. But the new ship system opens up new strategies to mess with so its good.

Some few questions:
  • Will some of the DA weapons getting a sprite update (Ibis, Banisher, Recson)?
  • Is the Gust getting a new look?

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Diable Avionics 1.85 (01/07/2017)
« Reply #629 on: July 01, 2017, 09:18:08 AM »

AAAAAAAAH a MULTI-STAGE fighter!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 123