Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1276038 times)

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Diable Avionics 1.82 (08/05/2017)
« Reply #555 on: May 15, 2017, 11:26:12 AM »

I for one don't want the cargo freighter magically becoming a tier 1 battlecruiser just because some junkrats ripped a few cargo containers out and threw on a few more guns. It's a freighter, not a ship of the line. It shouldn't even be in combat to begin with.

Ahh, the should-haves and the should-nots. I myself am by your definition a demonic junkrat because I have already thrown two Drams into the Warp alongside with my rage and hatred and thus I now have a symmetrical Dramlord-class Doomsday Doomfire Freighter and not just a mere tanker anymore due to natural Warp-infused Timelord-esque storage units alongside one huge large weapon mount partially in a Timelord-esque storage unit that has one built-in Doombore cannon (8 Hellbores combined into one single rapid-fire super weapon) that are all fueled by sheer will, hatred and the rage of Khorne! MAIM! KILL! BURN! - MAIM!! KILL!! BURN!! - MAIM!!! KILL!!! BURN!!!

That aside I tried running a Diable fleet of my own in easy mode, didn't work out for me in easy mode either so I had to steamroll all of incoming hostiles into tiny particles with my super-ships. I hate restrictions, I hate challenges and I frelling hate humanity in general.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:47:59 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Allectus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 15, 2017, 11:47:57 AM »

I for one don't want the cargo freighter magically becoming a tier 1 battlecruiser just because some junkrats ripped a few cargo containers out and threw on a few more guns. It's a freighter, not a ship of the line. It shouldn't even be in combat to begin with.

Ahh, the should-haves and the should-nots. I myself am by your definition a demonic junkrat because I have already thrown two drams into the Warp alongside with my rage and hatred and thus I now have a symmetrical Dramlord-class Doomsday Doomfire Freighter and not just a mere tanker anymore due to natural Warp-infused Timelord-esque storage units alongside one huge large weapon mount partially in a Timelord-esque storage unit that has one built-in Doombore cannon (8 Hellbores combined into one single rapid-fire super weapon) that are all fueled by sheer will, hatred and the rage of Khorne! MAIM! KILL! BURN! - MAIM!! KILL!! BURN!! - MAIM!!! KILL!!! BURN!!!

That aside I tried running a Diable fleet of my own in easy mode, didn't work out for me in easy mode either so I had to steamroll all of incoming hostiles into tiny particles with my super-ships. I hate restrictions, I hate challenges and I frelling hate humanity in general.

I personally don't see the point of playing a game without challenge.  If I win by default why even waste my time with it?

Anyway, early game a close-range vapor wrecks basically every other frigate (and most destroyers/even some cruisers) handily.

Augmented engines
Aux thrusters
Insulated engines (whatever the mod that gives you greater engine resilience is called)
2x Trifire
2x magic box
As many vents as you can fit with the leftovers

Spec char for extended range/OP/and Flux venting

Don't use your shield--play it like a schmup and dodge fire to keep the Flux advantage. Once you learn to properly lead the Trifires for long range hits you will utterly dominate anything you'll run into for the first half of the game. Can easily win 1v5 situations.

Late game is all about stand off sniping while using wanzers to tear them apart efficiently.

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 15, 2017, 12:11:37 PM »

@Allectus

Personally I'm more eager to take on an enemy if I know I'm going to win and if not, I'm just not gonna bother until I can somehow steamroll the frellniks.

Anyhow, thanks though, that sure seems like a setup I can try out at least when I'm in a good of a mood again to try something new which regrettably isn't my usual nature.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Goldendragonfinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 15, 2017, 04:55:46 PM »

hay um slight problem.  I CAN'T FIND THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON !!!!

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 15, 2017, 04:58:28 PM »

hay um slight problem.  I CAN'T FIND THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON !!!!

It's hiding behind the "enlist today" image in the original post.  Took me a while to find that myself; it's not at all obvious that that particular image is linked to the download.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Goldendragonfinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 15, 2017, 05:20:02 PM »

hay um slight problem.  I CAN'T FIND THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON !!!!

It's hiding behind the "enlist today" image in the original post.  Took me a while to find that myself; it's not at all obvious that that particular image is linked to the download.

where is it I can't find it. and thanks for helping

« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:28:43 PM by Goldendragonfinn »

Goldendragonfinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 15, 2017, 05:58:46 PM »

Where is the download for 1.82 for this mod? ive spent three hours looking for the download, please help.  >:(

Goldendragonfinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 15, 2017, 06:09:37 PM »

hay um slight problem.  I CAN'T FIND THE DOWNLOAD BUTTON !!!!

It's hiding behind the "enlist today" image in the original post.  Took me a while to find that myself; it's not at all obvious that that particular image is linked to the download.

where is it I can't find it. and thanks for helping

It doesn't work anymore

Mazuo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 15, 2017, 06:37:52 PM »

Please stop spamming.  I don't know what's wrong with your browser, but the very obvious download button on the front page works fine.  It links to https://bitbucket.org/CodingTartiflette/flashfrozens-diable-avionics/downloads/DIABLEAVIONICS_V1.82RC2.7z since you can't seem to find it.

Goldendragonfinn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 15, 2017, 07:05:15 PM »

Please stop spamming.  I don't know what's wrong with your browser, but the very obvious download button on the front page works fine.  It links to https://bitbucket.org/CodingTartiflette/flashfrozens-diable-avionics/downloads/DIABLEAVIONICS_V1.82RC2.7z since you can't seem to find it.

Thank you, and sorry about the spamming.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 15, 2017, 08:14:04 PM »

Augmented engines

Wait wait, I thought Augmented engines only increases the max burn? Are you by any chance, be talking about Unstable Injector?

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 16, 2017, 02:21:21 AM »

Augmented engines

Wait wait, I thought Augmented engines only increases the max burn? Are you by any chance, be talking about Unstable Injector?

Heh, it used to. Now it has been renamed to Augmented Drive Field and it basically just increases the burn level by one as it used but doesn't add any other speed so the only thing AFAIK that adds hullmod-wise combat speed is the rather unchanged good 'ol Unstable Injector.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 02:34:15 AM by Drokkath »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 16, 2017, 02:53:30 AM »

Heh, it used to. Now it has been renamed to Augmented Drive Field and it basically just increases the burn level by one as it used but doesn't add any other speed so the only thing AFAIK that adds hullmod-wise combat speed is the rather unchanged good 'ol Unstable Injector.

Unstable Injector's changed quite a bit actually. It no longer makes your engines take extra damage, but instead reduces the range of your ship's weapons by 25%. I'm still undecided which one I liked better.  :-\

Allectus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 16, 2017, 04:32:00 AM »

Augmented engines

Yeah, sorry about that.  I'm still playing in 0.72 for Nexerelin.

In my game it gives an extra 50 speed units to frigates.

Drokkath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 16, 2017, 04:32:59 AM »

Unstable Injector's changed quite a bit actually. It no longer makes your engines take extra damage, but instead reduces the range of your ship's weapons by 25%. I'm still undecided which one I liked better.  :-\

Yeah, I am aware of that actually. Merely just forgot to mention/type-in-the-post it is all. It seems Augmented Engines Drive Field and Unstable Injector have exchanged parts of each other along with changes here and there to a point of something new and unknown. Like no longer do I have to force config-mod-in the both hullmods on one of my customized vessels as the restriction between one or the other engine hullmod is absent and I can see why, bit odd and quite gameplay changing now that I think about but to me it's not that much big of a deal due to me altering my standalone over-modified vessels' speeds and other aspects if I feel the need to from time to time.

At least I can understand and sympathize about how much it may change strategies, tactics and whatnot gameplay and playstyle, thus having to think over a new setup of a ship. I've been in that similar boat myself with other indie titles.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:35:08 AM by Drokkath »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 123