Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275852 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Diable Avionics 1.82 (08/05/2017)
« Reply #525 on: May 09, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »

I always found the reliability of getting updates from it rather spotty for some reason. Like maybe 40% of the time did it actually work properly

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: May 10, 2017, 05:13:41 AM »

i find that i dont get "all" the updates out there. as well. usually on my way back. when i pass there i will get a few updates even when i have been away from the core systems for a while. but if i kept going to the core systems. i would all of a sudden get so many updates that they sometimes dont all fit on the screen once i was close enough.
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: May 10, 2017, 08:47:30 AM »

I just tested out for the first time the Calm-class out. Good thing I happened to have a small variety of Diable weaponry already in my inventory from previous battles with them, so I decided to see if Calm is my kind of ship or not and the answer to that is pointing close to "Yes!".

Takes more thinking though to fly around or avoid other hostile stuff and direct my omni shield at proper locations. Just tested it with having almost all of the hull mods (which is a mandatory thing for me with every ship), the weaponry setup I just now found the most relaxing is using two main guns in front aka in group 1 and everything else on the second and the third groups set to automated.

Raptor Defense System + Grave HMC act as my main manual linked fire mode, 4 Micro Missile Launchers on each side making it a total of 8 of them and 2 IBIS because the previous 2 Revolvers I mounted there and then upon releasing the hold fire mode close to a hostile ship, made my Calm's flux levels spike up drastically but that is besides the point. I was able to take down two Enforcers and the Onslaught.. in normal difficulty mode! That's an awesome find for me! :o
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 08:49:19 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: May 10, 2017, 04:51:55 PM »

Diable's destroyers are really excellent in my opinion. The cruisers are pretty nice as well. I'm not so keen on the capital ships, but that's more cause I've been on a speed kick lately and they are, honestly, pretty ponderous.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: May 11, 2017, 02:13:05 AM »

I think I have spoken too soon in another thread about me mentioning issues with having and or maintaining fleets myself.
So I decided to build up an overmodified Diable fleet of my own with my customized redracted ship acting as a background hauling freighter.

Me fleet currently consist of one Calm, one Hayle, two Drafts, two Laminar mining ships and one Shear tug, the later three small ships acting more as either a distraction or play-pretend for mining, tugging, repairing plus utility and construction in general. Either I'm going through some sort of naive over-positive mental transformation phase again or I'm just finally giving another try at playing SS more normal-esque and finding myself actually for once in a long while enjoying the company of other ships in my fleet in the battle mode a tad more. Could be all both reasons at once as the Diable ships remind me a lot of Vaygr ships from Homeworld 2 and thus I don't seem to be all that bothered trying to keep a fleet and its combat aspects going.

I'm almost seriously on a 50-50 decision of either using my powerful flying derelict slab of doom or use it as a main storage vessel and keep using Diable fleet instead and find out what else weaponry combination works for me the best on the Calm in my fleet. Can't help but feel drawn to using Diable stuff and getting to listen unique sounds of the mod from flying to fighting.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 02:17:34 AM by Drokkath »
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: May 13, 2017, 08:27:12 PM »

Trying to restore a Rime (D) pirate version causes a crash.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: May 13, 2017, 08:54:16 PM »

Trying to restore a Rime (D) pirate version causes a crash.

Pretty sure that has been fixed, did you get the latest one?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: May 13, 2017, 11:49:30 PM »

The Rime P really seems like it was not well thought out/ designed
It has the same OP level as the normal version. Hell, most of the stats are the same except the carry caps and one less fighter bay.
Small amount of mounts that even the falcon has more of

It really doesn't seem all that good but what do you expect from No Fun Tarti?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: May 14, 2017, 02:07:25 AM »

It has the same OP level as the normal version. Hell, most of the stats are the same except the carry caps and one less fighter bay.

It's a D ship, what did you expected? The only reason I can't use the name because it crashes due to the way vanilla handles the refit of (D) ships.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: May 14, 2017, 03:55:38 AM »

It's a D ship, what did you expected? The only reason I can't use the name because it crashes due to the way vanilla handles the refit of (D) ships.
Sorry for expecting a ship more in line with the quality instead of a lazy P ship... The lore makes this ship sound much better than it is and it is such a good looking ship that is sucks that it got a Buffalo Mk II instead of something good

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Troika

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: May 14, 2017, 06:11:12 AM »

It's a refitted freighter. It does fine against merchant shipping, but it will struggle against proper military forces.

I've found the best use for it is as a missile boat.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: May 14, 2017, 06:22:28 AM »

Could do with that capacity and below average combat capability though ;)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Allectus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: May 14, 2017, 07:15:11 AM »

Sorry for expecting a ship more in line with the quality instead of a lazy P ship... The lore makes this ship sound much better than it is and it is such a good looking ship that is sucks that it got a Buffalo Mk II instead of something good

You should be sorry.  I don't think you appreciate the amount of work these folks have put into this mod.  Calling them lazy is frankly quite disrespectful.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: May 14, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »

You should be sorry.  I don't think you appreciate the amount of work these folks have put into this mod.  Calling them lazy is frankly quite disrespectful.
Modders should not be immune to criticism, no matter how much people like the mod. And to be honest, a ship like the Rime P can drag down the feeling of quality of a mod, especially if it is new as it makes the modder look like they are burning out or just getting lazy

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: May 14, 2017, 08:33:58 AM »

Modders should not be immune to criticism, no matter how much people like the mod. And to be honest, a ship like the Rime P can drag down the feeling of quality of a mod, especially if it is new as it makes the modder look like they are burning out or just getting lazy

Maybe, but even in that case I'd argue criticize the product but not the author. Negative judgements on people rarely help with productivity anyway. On the other hand, you could also try suggesting well thought out improvements to help.
Ultimately a mod is a volunteer act and I think Diable Avionics has been doing a great service in that manner.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 123