Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1275849 times)

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Diable Avionics 1.63 (10/04/2016)
« Reply #315 on: June 23, 2016, 04:58:47 PM »

Uhlan crashes game when placed in a hidden slot due to use of return from getAnimations() without a null-check in diableavionics_UhlanFire.

I guess there are not exactly many large hidden slots (none officially?), but in case you're fooling around with one, you can patch it with attached.

Old sprite was cool, but new sprite with animation is super-duper-cool.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 06:14:58 PM by LB »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 23, 2016, 11:11:13 PM »

Dammit, I totally forgot to fix this! I wanted to add something else but never got around finishing it now that I'm neck deep in the Scy rebuilding.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 23, 2016, 11:20:40 PM »

Dammit, I totally forgot to fix this! I wanted to add something else but never got around finishing it now that I'm neck deep in the Scy rebuilding.

Take your time, there's still the big update due sometime later after all.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 24, 2016, 02:11:15 AM »

If by "sometimes" you mean "probably in six months" then you are right, but I certainly won't let one Diable weapon broken for that long. I'm not home this weekend so I'll try to release a quick hotfix this evening to not forget about it again.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »

Have had this mod installed for a several days now. Interesting variety of ships that I have yet to try out along with new weapons, did try the combat freighter Stratus a bit but got blown up because I'm not used to playing games legit but that's besides the point as its something I can fix for myself.

Definitely an interesting faction besides pirates and independents IMHO as I like their aggressive attitude towards other factions and getting new tech even if it means crossing all sorts of lines and madness like I feel recently. A faction I'm planning to join mainly due to ships and to give the middle finger to diplomacy/other factions with their constant bickering and RP this "take what you can, give nothing back!" without being a pirate.

Because it feels good to be a sort of dreaded entity in a game sometimes.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 19, 2016, 09:20:41 PM »

Tartiflette, i think you forgot to update the online Version Checker file with version 1.63.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2016, 03:28:17 AM »

FlashFrozen poked me with new weapons and other things for Diable, so here's a teaser:

The update should land in a day or two if all goes well. It will contain those weapons, a few new weapon sprites and sounds, a significant balance pass on a few out-of-the-curve weapons and ships, and a lot of improved descriptions.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2016, 03:56:33 AM »

Oh my. (Prepares the ships for maximum poke potential).

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2016, 09:29:51 AM »

The update should land in a day or two if all goes well. It will contain those weapons, a few new weapon sprites and sounds, a significant balance pass on a few out-of-the-curve weapons and ships, and a lot of improved descriptions.

Out-of-the-curve as in behind or ahead of it?
Pure Diable fleets are usually a tough opponent for me but I'm not a great pilot, so there's that. I figure they ought to be powerful since they hate everyone and everyone hates them, but I'm not sure how the AI handles fleet battles and invasions in Nexerelin so I could be completely wrong.
Anyway, new toys are always welcome and I love the fluff of the SRAB Heavy Emitter in particular.

On a somewhat related note, Tartiflette, shouldn't you be completely busy with updating Scy?  ;D

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2016, 09:37:46 AM »

Pure Diable fleets are usually a tough opponent for me but I'm not a great pilot, so there's that. I figure they ought to be powerful since they hate everyone and everyone hates them, but I'm not sure how the AI handles fleet battles and invasions in Nexerelin so I could be completely wrong.
Anyway, new toys are always welcome and I love the fluff of the SRAB Heavy Emitter in particular.

On a somewhat related note, Tartiflette, shouldn't you be completely busy with updating Scy?  ;D

I think FlashFrozen made those new goodies while Tartiflette handled the scripts and balance. Maybe?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 10, 2016, 09:50:15 AM »

A bit of both. The Thunderbolts got hammered hard, the Micro-Missiles a little bit, the Grave got it role consolidated as a firm intermediary between Assault Chainguns and Maulers, the Versant got just that buff it needed, and the Draft is now a competent ship.

Current changelog:
Spoiler

NEW CONTENT:
 - Glowtusk Linear Rifle: High-power high precision short range Kinetic damage ballistic gun, with extra damage against bare hulls.
 - SRAB Heavy Emitter: High power long range guided HE damage energy weapon whose shots can be shot down.

BALANCING:
 - Thunderbolts Rack/Pod:
   . Too many changes and reverts over the months to remember but nerfed overall.
   . Maneuverability significantly reduced.
   . Tweaks to the AI so that frigates can sometime dodge them.
   . Rack ammo reduced to 5 from 6, pod ammo reduced to 16 from 20.

- Micro-Missiles:
   . HP reduced by 50% to 25.
   . Ammo stack reduced to 5 from 10

- Versant:
   . Raised flux capacity to 3500 from 3000.
   . Raised flux dissipation to 350 from 225.
   . Lowered base speed to 110 from 120.
   . Raised transformed speed to 240 from 220.

- Grave HMC:
   . Range reduced to 625 from 825.
   . OP reduced to 11 from 12.
   . Precision improved.
   . Turn-rate slightly improved.

- Draft:
   . Removed built-in Light Thermal Pulse Repeater.
   . Added one medium Hybrid mount.
   . Raised OP available to 50 from 40.
   . Arcus Armor now held firmly in place instead of wobbling around.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Lots of rewritten descriptions.
 - New sound effects.
 - New weapon sprites.
 - As usual misc improvements all over the place.
[close]

On a somewhat related note, Tartiflette, shouldn't you be completely busy with updating Scy?  ;D
I think FlashFrozen made those new goodies while Tartiflette handled the scripts and balance. Maybe?
Oooooh but that I still am. But it was actually good to have something else to do to change my mind. It's been 6 months since I did almost nothing but Scy's re-spriting in my modding time. Just that little experiment with Torchships. Getting back into serious coding was like stretching some muscle not used in a loooooong time. Anyway, I'll post some new stuff there soon-ish too.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:56:07 AM by Tartiflette »

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 10, 2016, 10:12:13 AM »

- Micro-Missiles:
   . HP reduced by 50% to 25.
   . Ammo stack reduced to 5 from 10

Nooo, my micro-missile cheese!
It's probably for the better but still, single tear running down my cheek and all that.

- Versant:
   . Raised flux capacity to 3500 from 3000.
   . Raised flux dissipation to 350 from 225.
   . Lowered base speed to 110 from 120.
   . Raised transformed speed to 240 from 220.

Interesting, I often avoid ships with most/all of their weapons built-in but I have to admit that the Versant is pretty sexy to look at when it transforms. Guess I'll have to give it another go.

- Draft:
   . Removed built-in Light Thermal Pulse Repeater.
   . Added one medium Hybrid mount.
   . Raised OP available to 50 from 40.
   . Arcus Armor now held firmly in place instead of wobbling around.

Sounds good. Draft is the one with the foreski... I mean deployable front armor, right?  :P

It's been 6 months since I did almost nothing but Scy's re-spriting in my modding time.

6 months well-spent considering the results are gorgeous, but yeah, that's a lot of time to be working on a single project, especially for a hobby.
I'm just really looking forward to it so I couldn't help to poke just a tiny bit.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:14:15 AM by DownTheDrain »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 10, 2016, 10:19:54 AM »

6 months well-spent considering the results are gorgeous, but yeah, that's a lot of time to be working on a single project, especially for a hobby.
The first row of sprites took almost a year to make, although it was less intense and went under a couple of iterations first. But I digress.

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 10, 2016, 10:39:52 AM »

The first row of sprites took almost a year to make, although it was less intense and went under a couple of iterations first. But I digress.

Oh I'm not saying the original designs weren't looking good and I can only assume it took tons of work to get the armor mechanics right.
It's just... maybe I'm a tad OCD about this but I love my ships to match in style and the first iterations were too sleek... slender... something like that to fit with vanilla and many other mods. They worked pretty well with DA but not much else, at least for me.

Plus the new versions somehow seem more detailed and elegant, more finished if you will.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 10, 2016, 11:02:38 AM »

Oh I was just mentioning it to say, it's not the first time I had a long term project like that. And I got a better and faster since that time.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 123