Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 123

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Diable Avionics 2.70rc3 (2023/04/13)  (Read 1283459 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.64rc1 (2021/12/11)
« Reply #1560 on: December 15, 2021, 10:13:41 PM »

Three times now I have done it , three times it has not been avaialble to salvage and then crashes immediately after closing out.
Update MagicLib.

Does it do that if someone else destroys the fleet?
Like say... another faction attacks and you hang around to pick up the pieces after the battle?
Yes, that's the only way to get it without fighting the fleet yourself.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: December 15, 2021, 11:43:19 PM »

Is there still a salvageable pandemonium in the core systems?

Found an answer to my question floating around Outer Terminus ;D

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: December 16, 2021, 01:27:06 AM »

All fixed , 'Nuked the site from orbit' and re installed /updated all mods alongside the new version update.

Snuck in and grabbed it with only a -3 hit to rep .

The Virtuous is probably the single most fun thing to tinker with in the game and tweaking and tuning ships is one of my favorite 'minigames'.

Really made my day (I am a raving mecha Weeboo. yes.)

Got lost in the refit simulator for some hours and have a build I really enjoy using. I love that it rewards practice and skillful piloting. It can really punch UP with some practice/tinkering, *insert gleeful cackling*

Thanks so much for all the work this must have taken to bring to the game, the mod is superb/joyous.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 02:33:53 AM by Sorrowshard »

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: December 16, 2021, 08:52:32 AM »

This mod is great, I like the design. Tho I didn't expect all the ships and most of the weapons in this mods to be so underwhelming. I felt like I been doing a challenge run with pirate ships. Nevertheless, I had fun.

AdmiralRem

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: December 16, 2021, 01:30:10 PM »

This mod is great, I like the design. Tho I didn't expect all the ships and most of the weapons in this mods to be so underwhelming. I felt like I been doing a challenge run with pirate ships. Nevertheless, I had fun.

Maybe give it time? After a run with them I was thinking how they seemed almost OP and I could easily wreck entire fleets without losing any ships.

Sorrowshard

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: December 17, 2021, 02:20:10 AM »

You're doing it wrong.... The fleet has great synergy.

I have not even maxed the relvant skills and have restricted myself to only using Diable weapons etc in Diable ships (and only Diable ships)

Im finding them very rewarding to play with, feels balanced, not overpowered or underpowered. Which is the sign of a carefully designed high quality mod IMO, honestly once you find the groove they are great, it might just not suit your playstyle.

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: December 18, 2021, 12:41:11 AM »

idk, everything seem underwhelming. The Pandemonium cost 3 story points to actually 'feel' like a 60 cp capital ship. The wanzer is just straight up bad. They sell themselves for having better firepower, armor and hp than average fighter, but their speed offset all their advantage as they eat all the pd coming at them and just disappear, and then they are offline for 20-40 seconds. Their high downtime means after the 1st wanzer wave, they can't form another wave and just fly out and get rekt as soon as they respawn. Fighters only work when they are in a blob and the wanzers have no chance of maintaining their blob. That one fighter chasis in this mod that actually useful is the arbitrator (or maybe they aren't actually useful, but the Wanzer are just so bad that the arbitrator seem good), and it felt like the mod author make them outright better than the wanzers on purpose just to insult mech fans or something. For non capital ships, the only ship that is good is the draft. They are ok, but I am sure ain't gonna stick with them as soon as I got my hand on the scarab blueprint.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: December 18, 2021, 02:02:16 AM »

The Pandemonium cost 3 story points to actually 'feel' like a 60 cp capital ship.

You are definitely building things wrong then, you should only be spending 3 story points on it to get a free one, build in augmented drive field, and then an extra nice mod of your choice ;D
The thing about the pandemonium is that its phase grazer ability lets you dump lots of flux (remember you can drop your shields to dump hardflux too) and speed up weapon cooldowns. its large mounts are not necessarily its primary damage source either, remember it has 6 medium universals up the front, all of which do have overlap directly forwards along side the larges. Oh and dont waste too much OP on fighters or trying to fill every weapon mount.

The wanzer is just straight up bad. They sell themselves for having better firepower, armor and hp than average fighter, but their speed offset all their advantage as they eat all the pd coming at them and just disappear, and then they are offline for 20-40 seconds. Their high downtime means after the 1st wanzer wave, they can't form another wave and just fly out and get rekt as soon as they respawn.

are you using stock carriers or DA carriers? there's a specialized hullmod that decreases wanzer replacement significantly that is innate to all DA carriers, and is available as a hullmod otherwise, with a reduction in sustainability.

DA has quite the history with people finding it utterly *** broken, good or bad, frequently because they arent using the faction correctly.

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: December 18, 2021, 06:58:46 AM »

You are definitely building things wrong then, you should only be spending 3 story points on it to get a free one, build in augmented drive field, and then an extra nice mod of your choice ;D
The thing about the pandemonium is that its phase grazer ability lets you dump lots of flux (remember you can drop your shields to dump hardflux too) and speed up weapon cooldowns. its large mounts are not necessarily its primary damage source either, remember it has 6 medium universals up the front, all of which do have overlap directly forwards along side the larges. Oh and dont waste too much OP on fighters or trying to fill every weapon mount.
That's literally my first attempt to build the Pandemonium. Full pd on small slot with some missile with wanzer in fighter slot. For the mid slot I tried to fit the hmc glave, it's armor equivalent and that one gun that shoot shells that can be shot down by pd. So I ditch that build, throw story mod in and get the big guns, only then that the money I spent upkeeping the 60 dp ship actually start paying off.

are you using stock carriers or DA carriers? there's a specialized hullmod that decreases wanzer replacement significantly that is innate to all DA carriers, and is available as a hullmod otherwise, with a reduction in sustainability.

DA has quite the history with people finding it utterly *** broken, good or bad, frequently because they arent using the faction correctly.
Yes I notice the wanzer servicing hullmod. It's there on all of their carrier, except the fractals for some odd reason. Even witht that hull mod, only the Frost (the cheapest wanzer in the roster) has low enough cd to justified using them. So naturally, I opt for spamming fractals since they are the most economic to carry the arbitrator, and they work like charm. The arbitrator is everything the wanzer should be, reasonable speed, low cd, do huge damage.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: December 18, 2021, 07:22:17 AM »

That's literally my first attempt to build the Pandemonium. Full pd on small slot with some missile with wanzer in fighter slot. For the mid slot I tried to fit the hmc glave, it's armor equivalent and that one gun that shoot shells that can be shot down by pd. So I ditch that build, throw story mod in and get the big guns, only then that the money I spent upkeeping the 60 dp ship actually start paying off.
i'm not sure whats wrong there, but my current loadout is 2 mjolnir's, 2 thunderbolt pods, 2 hvel drivers, 2 artduex twin cannons, 4 frost wings, 2 raptor defense systems on the back mediums, 1 lazyhorn warp projector in the 360, and then only the front 6 and 3 of each side small batterys filled with PD, (8 ibis and 4 teltrite from tahlan, but you could swap these with more ibis)
As for hullmods, i've got augmented drive field built in, and in my current run i experimented with the shield, so i built in extended shields to go alongside stabilized and omni. oh and of course, integrated targeting unit to top it all off.
in the end its 55 vents and 29 capacitors thanks to the skills i've got, along side a nice heft overall flux bonus from elite ordnance expertise. but what really makes the pandemonium work is system expertise so you can actually use the ship skill A LOT.
With this loadout and me commanding it i can handily defeat both simulation paragon and legion. hell, it can defeat the legion on autopilot and somehow only take minimal damage

Yes I notice the wanzer servicing hullmod. It's there on all of their carrier, except the fractals for some odd reason. Even witht that hull mod, only the Frost (the cheapest wanzer in the roster) has low enough cd to justified using them. So naturally, I opt for spamming fractals since they are the most economic to carry the arbitrator, and they work like charm. The arbitrator is everything the wanzer should be, reasonable speed, low cd, do huge damage.

so you didnt try DA carriers at all??? try some storms with thrush systems for long range support and mess around with some of the other wanzers.
Although to be fair, i think wanzers did get a bit of a nerf some time ago, many of wings that currently have 1 wanzer used to be 2
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 07:38:53 AM by Killsode »

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: December 18, 2021, 03:06:39 PM »

Although to be fair, i think wanzers did get a bit of a nerf some time ago, many of wings that currently have 1 wanzer used to be 2
That's not really a valid comparison since most wanzers have been redone from scratch and only kept the name.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: December 18, 2021, 06:26:57 PM »

i should really give a DA carrier fleet a go then, as to be honest i havent really used many of the heavier wanzers...
PS. The frost's monofilament blade sounds like a dying spider XD

T1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: December 19, 2021, 03:06:22 AM »

The new Virtuous destroyer is by far the best ship ive ever played in modded starsector, its perfect in terms of skirmisher role i absolutely love it as i love taking the role of a skirmisher zzz
anyway... i hope to see more unique and incredible ships like that in future, incredible mod my man.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: December 19, 2021, 05:29:19 AM »

Thanks!

phampanvn1998

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: December 19, 2021, 07:22:37 PM »

i'm not sure whats wrong there, but my current loadout is 2 mjolnir's, 2 thunderbolt pods, 2 hvel drivers, 2 artduex twin cannons, 4 frost wings, 2 raptor defense systems on the back mediums, 1 lazyhorn warp projector in the 360, and then only the front 6 and 3 of each side small batterys filled with PD, (8 ibis and 4 teltrite from tahlan, but you could swap these with more ibis)
As for hullmods, i've got augmented drive field built in, and in my current run i experimented with the shield, so i built in extended shields to go alongside stabilized and omni. oh and of course, integrated targeting unit to top it all off.
in the end its 55 vents and 29 capacitors thanks to the skills i've got, along side a nice heft overall flux bonus from elite ordnance expertise. but what really makes the pandemonium work is system expertise so you can actually use the ship skill A LOT.
With this loadout and me commanding it i can handily defeat both simulation paragon and legion. hell, it can defeat the legion on autopilot and somehow only take minimal damage
There is only 10 officers, so I have to take into account that some ships will not have officer at all. Officers are supposed to make ships stronger, not barely viable.
The legion is a 40 dp ships, ofc the Pandemonium is supposed to win, because you are spending extra 15 supplies/month to kill legions instead of just building your better legion. Ships in training mode are extremely basic and much weaker than actual ships you will encounter, so good ships ought to beat ship(s) at least 1.5 times it's dp. The Paragon I built in vanilla can kill 2 onslaughts and a conquest at the same time, or a paragon and a conquest, all in auto mode. And this was before I even knew story mod is a thing. That's when I knew I had a ship I can rely on that will always do it's job. Obviously I don't expect the Pandemonium to take on 3 capitals like the Paragon given the mobility and the hangars it possesses, but to struggle to kill a ship in it's own dp bracket in training in automode despite heavy investment, then there are questions to be asked about this ship's ability.
so you didnt try DA carriers at all??? try some storms with thrush systems for long range support and mess around with some of the other wanzers.
I wouldn't be here complaining if I hadn't exhaust all my options to build a half decent fleet. Even with wanzer servicing gantry, only the frost has reasonable replacement time to performance ratio, which makes it mediocre as a fighter at best. I already ignoring the fact all fighters in this mod take more crew with them per units. The main stat for any fighters that isn't the safe bomber like vanilla dagger and longbow, is their replacement cost. If a fighter is going to take 3 times as long to recover from lost, then they ought to do their job thrice as good. Most of wanzer in this mod boast higher hp, but that stat already offset by their subpar in-combat speed. They don't offer that much better firepower compared to vanilla fighters to excuse their horrible replacement cost. I actual battle, way too many time deploying these Wanzer my entire interceptor formation just vanish during combat completely without doing much, while their replacement taking ages to appear just to get wiped again. This never happens to me in vanilla. With a broadsword fleet, there are always fighter swarms supporting my fleet all the time. Thunders with broadswords hunting down frigates with longbow and daggers firing support has been the bread and butter to all my vanilla fleet. Yet it's not the case with any of the wanzers I am using in this mod, especially when almost all ships in this mod are technically carriers. Note that I never put wanzer in any ship that doesn't have wanzer servicing gantry, in case it wasn't clear enough.
Tho I do have to admit the arbitrators are very good and I love them very much. Tho given the balancing history in this mod, I guess they are getting nerfed soon. This modder seems to hell-bent on making his/her own mod unusable. Some sort of self-hating from real-life stress or something I guess.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 07:25:24 PM by phampanvn1998 »
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 123