Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21); Blog post: Skill Changes, Part 2 (07/15/21)

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99

Author Topic: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.63RC4 (2021/09/10)  (Read 776462 times)

envenger

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.62 (2021/03/27)
« Reply #1455 on: June 25, 2021, 03:04:26 PM »

the nerf to the Pandemonium "is" harsh, yes it was Overpowered but now with 2 less heavy slots and around ~60 less OP the ship should not be called a dreadnought anymore, i believe it should retain it's original OP value since it was never tanky in the first place.
i hope you consider a buff in the near future.
+keep up the good work! Luv the skins :)

Agreed on this, the Pandemonium needs a buff.

Klokinator

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: June 26, 2021, 06:47:24 AM »

Chiming in with my agreement that the Pandemonium overall just sucks now.

Please note that I never played with its old version. I just started trying it out for the first time and was baffled about how it was so garbage compared to other capital ships. Here are some things I've noticed.

1. The shield is front-facing. If a missile explodes against where it meets the ship's bow, the ship TAKES DAMAGE. The shield doe not protect the ship for explosive hull/armor breaking impacts. Yikes!
2. I need way more OP to make this thing functional. I saw someone mention it got a 60 OP nerf, and trust me, I can feel it. This ship feels like a half-capitol ship, and a really bad one. It loses to every other capitol ship in the game.
3. It only has two large mounts, and they are on the rear of the ship. Do you know what that means? On a ship this long, you lose 200-300 units of firing distance because the shots have to clear the ship's bow. An 1100 range weapon fires as if it were only 800-900 range. That is really bad, since it effectively makes anything below 600 range unusable unless you literally battering-ram the enemy.

So, here are my hot suggestions to improve this ship without making it stupidly overpowered.

1. Bring back another 60 OP, or maybe only 30. Either way, the Pandemonium needs quite a bit more OP to be decent.
2. Move the shields forward about, say, 25 units? They should not brush up against the ship's front.
3. I saw that you removed some large mounts. That's fine. I recommend replacing Dampened Mounts with a new unique ship mod:

Enhanced Cannons:
Large ballistic and energy weapons gain an additional 300.0 su of firing range.

4. Optional: Convert the shield to omni, and make it about 30 degrees wider. 60 degrees is really bad. This ship gets destroyed from any angle other than the front.

These are just my suggestions, but frankly, capitol ships need to be strong. There's a difference between overpowered and reliable. This ship is extremely weak. I can't even beat 40 OP ships in the training menu, let alone live-firing enemies.

Gaaius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: June 27, 2021, 01:11:35 AM »

Lastly... Saw somewhere a diable supercapital, apparently existing as an expansion... Where can it be found, if its still somewhere? (think it was the ironstorm juggernaut)
Ive seen it here: https://youtu.be/blVe1HNwQW4?t=556
but also cant find anything else on it
was it once part of DA and got removed? - and why can i not find anything else regarding it?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • Toss a coin to your Modder, O' valley of plenty
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: June 27, 2021, 03:28:36 AM »

There are several Diable addon mods and sub mods on the Discord.

Phenir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: June 27, 2021, 04:55:42 AM »

Chiming in with my agreement that the Pandemonium overall just sucks now.

Please note that I never played with its old version. I just started trying it out for the first time and was baffled about how it was so garbage compared to other capital ships. Here are some things I've noticed.

1. The shield is front-facing. If a missile explodes against where it meets the ship's bow, the ship TAKES DAMAGE. The shield doe not protect the ship for explosive hull/armor breaking impacts. Yikes!
2. I need way more OP to make this thing functional. I saw someone mention it got a 60 OP nerf, and trust me, I can feel it. This ship feels like a half-capitol ship, and a really bad one. It loses to every other capitol ship in the game.
3. It only has two large mounts, and they are on the rear of the ship. Do you know what that means? On a ship this long, you lose 200-300 units of firing distance because the shots have to clear the ship's bow. An 1100 range weapon fires as if it were only 800-900 range. That is really bad, since it effectively makes anything below 600 range unusable unless you literally battering-ram the enemy.

1. Basically the only thing that is wrong with the ship(combat wise anyway), its terrible shield. Bad arc, huge upkeep. Luckily, the thing has a mobility system that lets it turn like 45 degrees nearly instantly and also shunts a good chunk of flux at the same time and also cools down your weapons. However, its shield is not that bad if you leverage it's main strength, range. The further back you are shooting from, the harder it is for enemies to get around the shield.
I don't know what you are talking about with the shield not protecting the bow of the ship. I fired reapers at it and no damage was taken on armor.
2. Idk, I just killed paragon, onslaught, and maelstrom 1v1 with a no smod, no officer panda, only took damage on the paragon and that was about 300 damage. Maybe you just don't know how to build ships? Just in case, here is the build I used: 6x recson v, 2x uhlan, 3x hoars, stabilized shields, extended shields (unnecessary in a 1v1 really), ITU, heavy armor, 60 vents, 38 caps. If I dipped into other mods, I could replace those uhlans with some 1200 range HE damage for even better results. I didn't use any of the smalls because no long range HE smalls (again without dipping into other mods) and don't need PD thanks to the hoars.
3. Yes, if only it had something to make up for this range disadvantage, like a built in hullmod. A hullmod that affects all its weapons, giving it range advantage over anything that doesn't have something similar (in other words, anything that isn't a paragon).

BYarchitect

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1460 on: June 27, 2021, 06:22:52 AM »

Where i can find it?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: June 28, 2021, 01:23:24 AM »

Where i can find it?
In the channel for mods on the Discord

ShadowStalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: June 29, 2021, 04:23:13 PM »

2. Idk, I just killed paragon, onslaught, and maelstrom 1v1 with a no smod, no officer panda, only took damage on the paragon and that was about 300 damage. Maybe you just don't know how to build ships? Just in case, here is the build I used: 6x recson v, 2x uhlan, 3x hoars, stabilized shields, extended shields (unnecessary in a 1v1 really), ITU, heavy armor, 60 vents, 38 caps. If I dipped into other mods, I could replace those uhlans with some 1200 range HE damage for even better results. I didn't use any of the smalls because no long range HE smalls (again without dipping into other mods) and don't need PD thanks to the hoars.

i dont see radiant or doritos on the list)

1)jokes aside,objectively, you compare not the best 60 dp and 40,45 DP ships to a 60 dp?they are in different weight categories to begin with so it doesnt make sense in my mind

2)sounds like it was full manual ..... ppl usually just throw AI vs AI to test things out,if that was actually full AI then i take my words back

i can see that build being the most efficient and stuff(i resorted to using it myself,PD on this ship feels off tbf,as sustaining in CC is pain),and this thing rocks really well as a missle/long range support(6 med and 2 big mounts do their job but quite expensive for what it does i must say)but dont think thats an issue that was talked about as people want this to be an actual head frontliner
i feel bad for pande being this beaten and thrown around,lets just wait for the tweakes to builtins the author talked about and go from there
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 01:56:43 PM by ShadowStalkar »

Phenir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 16, 2021, 05:53:05 PM »

Well radiant and doritos aren't in the sim so I didn't bother, it was just a quick test. In a fleet scenario, panda would perform just fine by fluxing them out for allies and, unlike most capitals, it can actually give chase to radiant.
Paragon is 60 dp so they are in the same weight class. It was a really silly fight though because the paragon couldn't get close enough to use any of it's projectile weapons. I think maybe a timid or cautious AI, so it would abuse range, could beat any of the sim opponents.
I don't see the point in building panda as a front liner when it has dampened mounts. That's like wanting the monitor to punch up (or even in the same weight class) even though it has flux shunts to make it a tank god. The description of panda even says it's a bombardment platform.

ShadowStalkar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 22, 2021, 11:54:23 AM »

it can actually give chase to radiant.
kinda,If it wont get overloaded by massive front burst then yes,being able to catch radiant on this thing is a no-joke blessing and it feels really great,but it will be a massive problem of either not having enough firepower alone to overpower radiant alone in close range,or just getting overloaded itself due to lack of flux capacity
but with wall vs wall fight it works somewhat decently

I don't see the point in building panda as a front liner when it has dampened mounts.. The description of panda even says it's a bombardment platform.
exaaactly,best possible use you could make of it is dumbping all little mounts with just several DPs installed(credit to author,i like those PDs,they are great,and not just front design)and use this as a combat carrier+missle spam with piloting it yourself,but having no big frontliner is why all of this banter exists
« Last Edit: July 22, 2021, 11:56:31 AM by ShadowStalkar »

Dreyer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1465 on: August 22, 2021, 07:35:55 AM »

I having a weird bug with the missions. Downloaded the new version of the mod after a long hiatus. I was gone try out some loadouts. The missions T-minus Zero and Training grounds dont work. They are the same as Escalation or any other mission i have selected previously. Have anyone experienced this before?

I have tried to remove the mod, download the new version and try again.

Love the mod and cant wait for the next update =)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: September 04, 2021, 11:51:49 AM »

While the new content is sadly stuck in development hell I bit the bullet and am releasing a bugfixes update solving hopefully all the issues that have been present since 0.91. Still, I hope some of these changes will rejoice everyone. Most notable changes:

-Maelstrom is burn 8
   -Pandemonium gets a 4th flight deck and a slightly reduced DP
   -Non-freighter Rimes get the Gound Support hullmod
   -The Phase Grazer system no longer turns off the shield (although you may want to do it manually to lower your flux)
   -Built-in Dampened Mounts hullmod no longer has any drawback

-Fixed Diable's preset worlds spawning in Nexerelin Random mode
   -Starbase Deep Strike capabilities are once again operational
   -The Gulf IBB now spawns in a patrol if Ship and Weapon Pack is not enabled

CHANGELOG

BALANCING:

- Maelstrom-class:
   . Burn speed increased to 8 from 7.

- Pandemonium-class:
   . Number of flight decks raised to 4 from 3,
   . OP amount raised to 375 from 360,
   . DP and Monthly cost reduced to 50 supplies from 60. (Oversized hullmod still applies on top)
   . Now has the Advanced Ground Support hullmod instead of the regular Ground Support one.

- Rime-class:
   . Combat and Pirate variants now have the Ground Support hullmod built-in.

- Strife wanzer wing:
   . Thunderbolt ammo reduced to 1 from 2.

- Phase Grazer Core system:
   . No longer turn off shields.

- Dampened mounts hullmod:
   . Removed both fire-rate and extra damage to weapons penalties for the built-in ones,
   . Slightly raised the base flux dissipation of ships with it built-in to compensate the increased fire-rate.

- Versant-class:
   . Sensible Tuning hullmod now only prevent installing the Safety Overrides hullmod instead of reducing the PPT if a variety of hullmods were installed.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:

- Diable Avionics' worlds will no longer appear in Nexerelin's Random Mode.

- Thunderbolt/Plover special effect changes:
   . Now dig into the target instead of damaging it from the "exit" wound. 
   . Will no longer cause memory leaks.

- Starbase Deep Strike capabilities are once again operational.

- The modular Dampened Mount and Wanzer Gantry hullmods can no longer be used on top of their built-in versions.

- The IBB Gulf now spawns in a patrol fleet if Ship and Weapon Pack is not enabled.

- The Versant's fire selector hullmod now has a fixed order and won't move to the bottom whenever it is toggled.
[close]

Earliest save compatible version: 2.62

Always DELETE the old version before extracting the new one
Requires LazyLib and MagicLib

Phenir

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Diable Avionics 2.63RC1 (2021/09/04)
« Reply #1467 on: September 04, 2021, 12:15:25 PM »

- Pandemonium-class:
   . Now has the Advanced Ground Support hullmod instead of the regular Ground Support one.

Perfection

SpaceDrake

• Lieutenant
  • Mio Harcourt: fixin' the Machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: September 04, 2021, 12:56:28 PM »

There we go, that's a good set of changes. Thank you for the hard work as always, Tartiflette, and I can't wait to see that new content!

(Man, though, feels like everyone's been struggling this year. Not that I really blame them...)

Szasz

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1469 on: September 04, 2021, 02:20:05 PM »

[RECENT CHANGELOGS]
 - The IBB Gulf now spawns in a patrol fleet if Ship and Weapon Pack is not enabled.

Amazing!
Changes are awesome in general but thoughtful little stuff like this is very appreciated.
Last but not least your mod's quality is incredible!

ps. What is Starbase Deep Strike capability by the way?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 02:32:03 PM by Szasz »
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99