Support Indie Gaming!
When you preorder, you’re getting Starsector (formerly “Starfarer”) in its current state – that’s why we’re offering it at a discounted price. As an added bonus, preordering entitles you to all future updates, including the final version. We plan to reduce the discount as we release more full-featured builds, ultimately reaching the final version at the full price. So the earlier you buy, the better value you get!
Please note that Starsector is a work in progress. The current alpha version is available for download now, and we’ll be releasing new versions as we add new features.
If you preorder now, you pay $10 – 50% off the final price.
What you get:
- Early access to the game, starting with alpha builds – available now!
- Discounted price
- The full version, when it is finished
- You help support the development of Starsector
- OS: Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Memory: 2GB system RAM
- Graphics: Minimum 1024×768 resolution, 256 MB video memory
- Processor: Hard to say exactly, but nothing fancy
After you’ve preordered and received your activation code, download Starsector for your OS of choice using one of the links below. To run the Linux version, unzip the file, cd starsector, and then run ./starsector.sh.