Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Your favorite faction  (Read 18398 times)

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite faction
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 12:27:46 AM »

I love all the low tech stuff.

But I do love the Diktats mix of high tech elite fleets with low tech regulars.

Id love to get the diktator feeling in there some more, fly there versions Swastika and SS logo a little more on their ships. Along with fashionable and little skull wearing officers!
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 12:40:02 AM »

Tri-Tach because they have the nicest gear. Ideologically, I think the Hegemony are pretty cool and I'd probably side with them on those grounds. But I just can't resist those blue ships. Endgame, I fly a lot of Tri-Tach.

Including mods, I'd probably pick Blackrock. They're just very satisfying to use and they have punchy effects. As well as a couple of exceptional weapons.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 01:55:47 AM »

Hegemony.
Flying clunky metal boxes covered in guns really agrees with me.

Id love to get the diktator feeling in there some more, fly there versions Swastika and SS logo a little more on their ships. Along with fashionable and little skull wearing officers!
Hege ships have a slate grey body with an orange/white chevron.

Diktat line ships could be silvery grey with a diagonal purple stripe.
And Lion's Guard ships could be purple with a pair of silver diagonals.

TT ships could be sky blue with a set of silver/white racing stripes running front to back.

And Luddic ships could be dull olive green with a red on white roundel somewhere prominent.

Also for the future:
Persean ships could be black marked with yellow 8-point stars on a dark blue roundel.

Ko Combine ships could be a dull red with white diamonds and/or left to right stripes.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 02:34:12 AM »

I like Sindrian Dictat because of core ships. :P I haven't indulged in lore yet, so I don't know which faction's ideology would fit me (but not luddics, that's for sure. Technology FTW!). In the end I will probably choose the best faction morality-wise...

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2015, 07:40:24 AM »

Sindrian Diktat fo'sho! Really like the outlook of them as a "middle ground" between Hegemony and TT. They have the same principles as Hedgy, yet they are detached and uninvolved in the general state of affairs. Suits my primary playstile of a freedom-loving very well.
In other words, the go-to for unimportant fre captains from minor and nonaligned factions to do some big time.

Also, Nortia and Umbra :)

TheDTYP

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2015, 08:08:25 AM »

Hmm... I'm not sure

Usually I'd say "Independents" but they're not a faction sooooo...

Lets run down the list

The Sindrian Diktat is the closest thing to an "evil" faction in the game aside from maybe Tri-Tach, and they have a ton of trade fleets, so bullying them is fun

The Luddic church is crazy,so I disassociate myself with them.

Pirates are impossible to be allied with, unfortunately

Hegemony has awesome ships and stuff, but I always saw them as like The Alliance from Firefly. A huge corrupt slightly authoritarian government, so... Ya know... Fight the power!

So that leaves Tri Tach, who have the coolest ships and the second highest number of markets in the sector. Not to mention they'll pay me for wasting Hegemony and Luddic Church fleets, so HELL YEAH

So in retrospect, I can't really get behind most of the factions in the game. Once (if) the parsean league (basically, from what I gather, a group of freedom fighters, per se) is implemented I'll probably ally myself with them but in the meantime, Tri Tach is the least of evils

Until I get bored and turn on them to start killing them as well

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2015, 08:33:34 AM »

Tri-Tachyon because I love high tech ships and weapons.

Not sure if I got this right: So Sindrian Diktat has ships and weapon like Independents (low and high tech), what does the Luddic Church then have?
Please don't take me too seriously.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2015, 08:54:57 AM »

Probably the Independents because they are easy going and can sell any of the basics (i.e., all weapons, all ships aside from special elite variants like XIV).

As for ships and weapons, that is a hard call.  For frigates, I like high-tech best.  For destroyers, I like Medusa best for flagship but prefer Enforcers for AI.  For cruisers, it is Dominator or any midline (Falcon, Eagle, and Heron).  For capitals, I prefer Paragon, but Onslaught will do in a pinch.

For weapons, only Tri-Tachyon sells heavy blasters in sufficient quantity.  However, Hegemony has lots of military markets, and can get unusual stuff from time to time.

Currently, of the majors, Hegemony because they control the most systems and markets.  They are also pragmatic and not too evil.  If Tri-Tachyon (or the other majors for that matter) had more accessible systems and markets, I would consider them, or at least Tri-Tachyon.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »

So in retrospect, I can't really get behind most of the factions in the game. Once (if) the parsean league (basically, from what I gather, a group of freedom fighters, per se) is implemented I'll probably ally myself with them but in the meantime, Tri Tach is the least of evils

One of the missions is a Persean fleet against a Luddic fleet.
Spoiler
Have fun blowing up the Knights of Ludd who have scrabbled together everything they can to defend the peace-loving people who have risen up against their Persean-backed oppressors.
[close]

I think I have to back the Hegemony. Yeah, they're an oppressive militaristic dictatorship, more or less, but they've held everything together for the most part.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2015, 02:02:08 PM »

I don't really want to complain , but here's my 2 cents :

-Sindrian and Ludds are pretty lackluster at this point. They don't have any of their own ships, they are basically a watered down version of Hegemony.
-Hegemony - strong, unique fleshed out faction. Onslaught's are insane with armor upgrades. Love the new variants, although I only captured one.
-TT- same as Hegemony.

Imho the SinDiks and Ludds need some love. I would love to see one faction dedicated to fighter/bomber/carrier compositions and have all the tech in this regard.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2015, 10:47:03 PM »

sindria should be core epoch carrier groups imo, it fits. lots of herons, astrals, gemini. give them some neat unique fighters, and eventually maybe some lion's guard refits with expanded hangar decks, extra speed or something. might be neat.

Vinyl Dash

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2015, 10:58:30 PM »

sindria should be core epoch carrier groups imo, it fits. lots of herons, astrals, gemini. give them some neat unique fighters, and eventually maybe some lion's guard refits with expanded hangar decks, extra speed or something. might be neat.

Ooh, Lion Guard refits would be amazing. I can totally imagine that. Some royal purple, maybe a bit of gold here and there. Those things would look sweet.

sirboomalot

• Admiral
  • Boom
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2015, 11:14:46 PM »

Woah, am I the only one here that just loves to join up with the pirates?  :o

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2015, 11:21:04 PM »

I may have said Hegemony, but that's just the cover up story.  ;)

Sabaton

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2015, 01:41:43 AM »

Hegemony because the system needs stability more than ever, and they have the power to provide it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4