Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Your favorite faction  (Read 18479 times)

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
Your favorite faction
« on: November 27, 2015, 03:31:44 PM »

What is the faction you allied with in .7 and why?

For me it's the Tri-tach, and the Indies, Mostly for hightech ships(APOGEEEEEEEEE!) and nice bounties in Valhalla.

CopperCoyote

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Your favorite faction
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 03:36:22 PM »

I've allied with tritach as well. I haven't seen any bounties by TT in valhalla though. What has to transpire for that to be a thing?
Itches are scratched. Back-rubs are savored.

frag971

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 03:38:49 PM »

Always tri tachion, i dislike the idea of running out of ammo. Also stacking lasers lasers for 1000-range disco show is awesome and effective.
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 03:44:30 PM »

I've allied with tritach as well. I haven't seen any bounties by TT in valhalla though. What has to transpire for that to be a thing?

I just get generic bounties from the tritach to kill Hegemony fleets, and I get tons of cash and supplies because of trade fleets and aiding Tritach fleets to kill large Hegemony fleets. It is a serious war zone.

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 03:45:20 PM »

I went for the Hegemony. the 14th variants are not only functional, they also look amazing. having an 14th onslaught with nearly 3000 armor and 30000 hull makes you feel pretty tough!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 03:49:02 PM »

Mh, the Hegemony has the coolest planet with Eventide. They are also the most powerful and thus most useful for the player.
I'd like TT because of the AIs (AIs get me excited), but you don't actually see much of them. High tech ships are nice, but not a must for me anymore.
The Church and the Diktat are not yet fleshed out enough to get a good impression. The indies are not unified enough, but I might yet become a fan of one of their members. Pirates might grow on me when I have played as one long enough.

Then there are some other factions yet to come, e.g. the Persian League might become really interesting.

For now the Hegs win the race, but that might change soon :)

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 03:52:06 PM »

Mh, the Hegemony has the coolest planet with Eventide. They are also the most powerful and thus most useful for the player.
I'd like TT because of the AIs (AIs get me excited), but you don't actually see much of them. High tech ships are nice, but not a must for me anymore.
The Church and the Diktat are not yet fleshed out enough to get a good impression. The indies are not unified enough, but I might yet become a fan of one of their members. Pirates might grow on me when I have played as one long enough.

Then there are some other factions yet to come, e.g. the Persian League might become really interesting.

For now the Hegs win the race, but that might change soon :)

The Heg hate me, so I haven't visited any of their new systems, so may I ask, what's Eventide?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:09:08 PM by BradAssmofo »

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »

Its the Hegemony for me. Tri-Tachyon is cool too, but those 14th Battlegroup ships are to awesome. Like Gothars said, the church and diktat aren't to distinctive (though the church is a bit better w/ the path).

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 04:07:40 PM »

Always tri tachion,i dislike the idea of running out of ammo. Also stacking lasers lasers for 1000-range disco show is awesome and effective.

Ballistic weapons no longer have ammo whatsoever. Only missiles still have ammo.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 04:14:11 PM »

@Brad: Try again with the quoting ;)

It's a planet in the Samarra system. It's almost tidally locked to its star, the planet needs one full year to turn around its axis. Because the days are a year long one side gets awfully hot, while the other freezes. To still make it habitable an array of giant orbital mirrors was installed over the cold side to heat it up, and solar shades were installed over the hot sides to cool it down. But not the entire surface gets habitable that way, you get only those spots at which the shade/light is directed. They are occupied by what seems to be a aristocratic upper class, from which the Hegemoney recruits many of its officers (probably all those arrogant patrol captains). Meanwhile, the low classes have to fight for their survival in the twilight zones. 

(At the moment it lacks the solar shade sprites, though.)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 06:39:32 PM »

hegemony. i like the aesthetic, that sort of 40k-esque marriage of venerable age and brutal crushing power. the new 14th battlegroup variants are SICK.

ErKeL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »

I went with Sindrian Diktat and Independents. Mostly because the other factions became hostile to me at the start of the game because I did a few bounties for Diktat.
One good thing about the the Sindrian Diktat is the Independent and Diktat military markets in the same system. Perfect spot to get ships and supplies.

If I were to choose though I'd probably go Hegemony or Tri-tachyon.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 09:50:19 PM »

I wonder what Alex's personal favorite faction is?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 10:38:43 PM »

Judging by all of the Heg bases, the distinct lack of high tech users, the XIV and A variants I would say the Hegemony
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 10:42:29 PM »

Judging by all of the Heg bases, the distinct lack of high tech users, the XIV and A variants I would say the Hegemony

I assumed the same, but I just want to really know. Maybe It's the Diktat and he's just having a brainfart on what to do with them...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4