Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Heavy Machinery - Everybody wants some!  (Read 3718 times)

Bankstercide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Heavy Machinery - Everybody wants some!
« on: November 30, 2015, 04:23:32 PM »

Greetings,

I've noticed that pretty much every settlement has some characteristic that creates demand for Heavy Machinery.  Mimir Station and Cethlenn in particular can't get enough of the stuff.  Problem is that only Ratoskr in Valhalla System seems the only settlement that actually MAKES this commodity.  Given that buying from Hegemony is a sure way to *** off TT, is there any other settlement that produces them from Metal outside of the Black Market and scraping together the occasional windfall elsewhere?

I do also find it odd that the the factions where Weapons aren't illegal (TT, Independent) don't have a settlement that also manufactures them from Metal.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: Heavy Machinery - Everybody wants some!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 05:01:50 PM »

Well, I find that heavy machinery, along with metal, is what you get from scrapped ships. If you fight, you will build up a stockpile. Aside from that, not really anything I can say.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Bankstercide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 05:15:36 PM »

Well, I find that heavy machinery, along with metal, is what you get from scrapped ships. If you fight, you will build up a stockpile. Aside from that, not really anything I can say.

That's the other thing: scrapping ships invariably builds up a large stockpile of Metal, but without an ample source of demand in the Markets or Missions, I end up selling it more for Rep than for actual profit.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:17:26 PM by Bankstercide »

goduranus

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »

The size 8 hegemony planet in the eastern system pays high price for that stuff despite making them itself, that's a good place to sell.

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 06:20:44 AM »

The size 8 hegemony planet in the eastern system pays high price for that stuff despite making them itself, that's a good place to sell.
Yes, even though Chicomoztoc (in Aztlan) has an Ore Refining Complex (x3), it does demand metal out the yin-yang.

Why?  Because it has a Heavy Machinery Autofactory (x6).  You want Machinery?  Here's where you get it.

The fact that it's a size 8 market (the largest) also means it's got gigantic stocks of, well, everything.  Including Drugs and Organs, thanks to the Organized Crime special.

Psilous

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 09:10:28 AM »

Yea the economy is still out of wack. Some colonies should require large amounts of metal to make heavy machinery. It's an economy balance issue.