Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Fatal Null Error (Exerelin Diplomacy Manager)  (Read 1742 times)

Kargen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Fatal Null Error (Exerelin Diplomacy Manager)
« on: November 26, 2015, 01:26:38 AM »

Hi there folks has anyone else been getting this Fatal Null error? This is the only error I've encountered when playing the game and it always occurs in the later part of the game forcing me to quit and restart all over again. Preventing me from ever getting an end game. :'( I believe it has something to do with the diplomacy manager from the Nexerelin mod.
Any help would be appreciated.  ;D

88891 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Plasert by 0.011716475, is now 1.018654
89105 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Faction Daikian Empire wants to sue for peace
89105 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Sum with ExigencyCorp: 16013.5
89105 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Negotiating treaty
89106 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager  - Transmitting event: Ceasefire
89107 [Thread-5] INFO  exerelin.campaign.events.DiplomacyEvent  - Diplomacy event: ceasefire
89449 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.reduceWarWeariness(DiplomacyManager.java:405)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.updateWarWeariness(DiplomacyManager.java:488)
   at exerelin.campaign.DiplomacyManager.advance(DiplomacyManager.java:568)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Versions/mods in use:
Starsector 0.65.2a Release
Blackrock Drive Yards
Citadel
Exigency
Hiigaran Descendants
Interstellar Imperium
Neutrino Corp
Nexerelin
SCY
Templars
Tiandong Heavy Industries
Starsector Plus
TwigLib, LazyLib, MusicLib, ShaderLib, Version Checker, Common Radar

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:55:26 AM by Kargen »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Fatal Null Error (Exerelin Diplomacy Manager)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 03:18:38 AM »

Should've posted in the Nexerelin thread.

Is Daikian Empire a faction mod? If so, it isn't an officially supported mod and unless someone did the compatibility for it, it probably won't work. Even if someone did, I suspect there'll be problems if it wasn't present at the start.

I've fixed the bug here for the upcoming 0.7 release at least.

Kargen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:54:38 AM »

Should've posted in the Nexerelin thread.

Is Daikian Empire a faction mod? If so, it isn't an officially supported mod and unless someone did the compatibility for it, it probably won't work. Even if someone did, I suspect there'll be problems if it wasn't present at the start.

I've fixed the bug here for the upcoming 0.7 release at least.

Ah right sorry about that.  :P
As for the Daikian Empire, that's actually the player npc fleet faction. I just renamed it for my gaming experience. ;D

Thanks for the reply and looking forward to your 0.7 release!!!

PS: On a side note could you tell me where is the code for giving the player their starting ships and resources, when they start a new game? (If its not too much trouble / classified) THANKS!!  ;)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 06:11:28 AM »

PS: On a side note could you tell me where is the code for giving the player their starting ships and resources, when they start a new game? (If its not too much trouble / classified) THANKS!!  ;)
The economy stuff (planets and such) is in ExerelinSectorGen.java (don't bother reading that, it's hugely complicated and likely to change quite a bit before release anyway)

Starting player ship, etc. is controlled in data/campaign/rules.csv: look for the ExerelinNGCJoin<faction> lines for starting ships, and ExerelinNGC<Normal/Easy>Start for starting money/XP.

Commands of interest if you want to customize this:
Code
NGCAddShip "<ship variant ID>"
NGCAddShipAndComplement "<ship variant ID>" (this one is Nexerelin-exclusive; it auto-adds supplies, fuel and crew as well)
NGCAddCredits <num>
NGCAddCargo WEAPONS "<weapon ID>" <num>
NGCAddCargo RESOURCES "<commodity ID>" <num>
NGCRemoveCargo [...]