Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]

Author Topic: 0.7 feedback  (Read 40863 times)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 0.7 feedback
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2015, 07:08:45 PM »

Having commissions ramp up with faction relationship would be nice, it would especially help when the sector evolves into everyone vs. everyone chaos. Maybe there could also be quota/month for a bonus.

caso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2015, 08:31:33 PM »

I just checked and I have the version just prior to the latest hotfix

gclub sbobet

Andrius227

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 08, 2015, 03:34:19 AM »

Also definitely agree that commissions could use an income boost, ideally something that ramps as the player levels.

I think it would be really cool if commissions paid a fraction of your fleet upkeep (in credits). It would make sense i think. They want to hire a bigger fleet, they gotta pay more.

BHunterSEAL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 08, 2015, 04:09:03 AM »

Also definitely agree that commissions could use an income boost, ideally something that ramps as the player levels.

I think it would be really cool if commissions paid a fraction of your fleet upkeep (in credits). It would make sense i think. They want to hire a bigger fleet, they gotta pay more.

I think the old Exelerin mod had something like that (or I'm thinking of a similar mechanic in a mod for Mount & Blade, where as a merc working for a kingdom part of your upkeep is subsidized). SS+ has almost the opposite idea in place, with recurring wage costs paid out based on total crew strength and experience. At any rate, I'm sure the faction mechanics will be getting quite a bit of attention as the campaign gets built-out further. 

On another progression-related note, the original 0.7a release seemed to have procurement contracts appearing about right, usually only offering 10-50 volume contracts at first, maybe 100-200 for cheap stuff. But 0.71 seems to have randomized quantities so even at the beginning contracts for 500, 1000 or 5000 units are taking up vital space in the mission browser.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 08, 2015, 05:34:27 AM »

What would be nice is if tariffs lowered as you raise reputation with the one faction you are commissioned with.  You are one of them, or at least an honorary member.  Other factions can still stick you with a punitive -30% tariff.

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 08, 2015, 06:30:03 AM »

Maybe if persistent people are a thing (you know, the one you do missions for) you could have a slightly reduced tariff IF you're in their faction's good graces AND in good with the person that manages the market. Can't have tariffs at an all-time low, kinda why the black market is there. Can't also have profitable player trade routes without events, which is how the current setup works.
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]