Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Best Place to find Apogee?  (Read 22934 times)

Beobachter

• Ensign
  • Balancing? What is that?
    • View Profile
Re: Best Place to find Apogee?
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 03:44:06 AM »

Found a naturally spawning version Apogee in Nortia, Sindria system. Granted, it was after 7 in-game years but it does exist.
Putting together a mod sometime in the distant future.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 10:04:40 AM »

Well, I found also in Nortia when I didn't have enough indie rep. Also missed a Paragon with 69 rep. Now I have 76 and only Onslaught and Eagles. I think Alex has some troll code in them markets....

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 10:42:22 AM »

Well, I found also in Nortia when I didn't have enough indie rep. Also missed a Paragon with 69 rep. Now I have 76 and only Onslaught and Eagles. I think Alex has some troll code in them markets....

I really hope it doesn't spawn in Nortia, I don't have enough rep with the Indies, Getting close, but I REALLY need it to spawn in Hybrasil.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 10:50:01 AM »

Currently one other ship has high rez sensors: The Omen which goes from +1 to +4 I think
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 01:33:28 PM »

I am officially dead inside, no apogee, All I have is half a million credits and 2 frigates. I NEED SOMETHING TO SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON!

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »

Mh, It will probably only hinder your enjoyment of the game if your fixate on something that is RNG dependent. If you can, move on, buy something else, be happy if the Apogee crosses your path one day. If you can't, use console commands.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 01:45:44 PM »

Mh, It will probably only hinder your enjoyment of the game if your fixate on something that is RNG dependent. If you can, move on, buy something else, be happy if the Apogee crosses your path one day. If you can't, use console commands.

I don't know what else to buy, I always went for the Apogee since i first flew it years ago...

That and I allied myself with the peeps I could get an Apogee from, so All I have much access to is the stuff TriTach and The Indies are sellin'

Are there any ships similar to the Apogee? I run with It because of it's great shields, forward firepower, good speed, and Its extended range. Anything that fits a couple of those attributes?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 01:51:59 PM by BradAssmofo »

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 04:01:23 PM »

For a science vessel I'm gonna have to say that the Apogee is crazy overpowered, lol

Try an Eagle with Extended Shields to make it an almost a full 360 shield; it has superb forward firepower and good range if you use beams and Heavy Mauler/Hypervelocity Driver. Finally, its ship system is a speed boosting one so its quick. Only other ship with the sensor boost is a frigate called the Omen.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 08:13:52 PM »

For a science vessel I'm gonna have to say that the Apogee is crazy overpowered, lol

Try an Eagle with Extended Shields to make it an almost a full 360 shield; it has superb forward firepower and good range if you use beams and Heavy Mauler/Hypervelocity Driver. Finally, its ship system is a speed boosting one so its quick. Only other ship with the sensor boost is a frigate called the Omen.

Between the Eagle and the Falcon, which one would you recommend for an ole' Apogee Captain like me?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2015, 08:25:21 PM »

How do you use Apogee, kite-and-snipe or brawling?  If the former, Falcon.  If the latter, Eagle.  With two new small mounts, Falcon is a speedy sniper.  Eagle is still a good all-rounder ship.

When I use Apogee, I mount plasma cannon and play sniper and kite from enemies.  Others use Apogee as a chainsaw with autopulse laser and various blasters.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2015, 09:55:23 PM »

I have a question for Alex. Is there a percent likely hood for a ship spawning? If so what's the Apogee. Also is it completely RNG or are there ways to increase said likely hood of a ship spawning in a market?

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2015, 11:45:56 PM »

When i can get my hands on one, i put a dedicated targeting core and an enhanced optics on it. High intensity laser + graviton beams + sensor drones = incredible range fire support monster. with gunnery implants upgraded far enough also you get another 25% range increase. at that point, watching the beams shut down three ships at once and having your fleet take them out is amazing.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2015, 11:52:55 PM »

I always deck mine out with an Autopulse laser, graviton beams and MIRV, Along with some point defense and tacticool lasers to help the autopulse. I cant remember completely but I think I put some kind of range enhancer, along with something to help with speed, and stabilized shields, along with extended mags for the autopulse. With all that the apogee can down other ships with EASE, screw fire support, it is my flagship and with my BEASTLY shields, it can just rek enemies. I have used it to RAM ships before, with its amazing shields.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2015, 02:38:08 AM »

Btw does anyone know the interval at which the markets refresh with da goods? So I can fly, kill some plebs then come back and check the market.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2015, 06:00:10 AM »

I just found one in the Indipendent in Norita also.

Now i got two!

Independents is the easiest to get good rep with. mostly cuz they dont care about your sensor or other alliances, only your piracy *** them off.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6