Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Don't like how enemy fleets are not limited to 25 units  (Read 4876 times)

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Don't like how enemy fleets are not limited to 25 units
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »

Yeah...

Spoiler

[close]

That's 52 units in total, 4 carriers, 2 frigates, and 46 fighter wings. Holy crap.

Edit: Actually that might have been two fleets, but one of them only had like three fighter wings and maybe a frigate left after a previous battle.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:14:03 PM by Sordid »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 01:03:27 PM »

Yeah, fighters... hmm. That's looking like too many for the carriers deployed, too. That's actually a crazy ratio. I need to take a look, might be a bug (or just an unintentional combination of things) if this ratio is common.
From what I have seen, it is. Most fleets that I see have around one third to one half of their fleets being fighters
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »

From what I have seen, it is. Most fleets that I see have around one third to one half of their fleets being fighters

That by itself might be already (especially for fighter-doctrine factions like Tri-Tachyon), but if they're not supported by adequate carriers, then that's really a problem.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »

That by itself might be already (especially for fighter-doctrine factions like Tri-Tachyon), but if they're not supported by adequate carriers, then that's really a problem.
What is your "minimum" level of support? (IE how many fighters per flight deck) I'll try to keep a look out for fleets that have large numbers of fighters and not enough carriers and get screencaps
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 01:17:52 PM »

I don't remember what the code is doing off the top of my head, but I'd say something about 5:1 is excessive. Ideally it'd probably aim for 3 wings per deck, but I'm sure it's not coded to that level of detail - it's more like "X small carriers, Y wings", with some variance. No need to get screencaps, though thank you for offering - I think at this point it's pretty clear that it's not doing a good job of it, and I'll be looking at the code.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »

Well I just fought a pirate fleet that had, among other things, two condors for twelve (!) wings.

Pages: 1 [2]