Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Don't like how enemy fleets are not limited to 25 units  (Read 4141 times)

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Don't like how enemy fleets are not limited to 25 units
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 01:03:09 PM »

Yeah...

Spoiler

[close]

That's 52 units in total, 4 carriers, 2 frigates, and 46 fighter wings. Holy crap.

Edit: Actually that might have been two fleets, but one of them only had like three fighter wings and maybe a frigate left after a previous battle.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:14:03 PM by Sordid »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 01:03:27 PM »

Yeah, fighters... hmm. That's looking like too many for the carriers deployed, too. That's actually a crazy ratio. I need to take a look, might be a bug (or just an unintentional combination of things) if this ratio is common.
From what I have seen, it is. Most fleets that I see have around one third to one half of their fleets being fighters
Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Spoiler
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 01:05:15 PM »

From what I have seen, it is. Most fleets that I see have around one third to one half of their fleets being fighters

That by itself might be already (especially for fighter-doctrine factions like Tri-Tachyon), but if they're not supported by adequate carriers, then that's really a problem.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »

That by itself might be already (especially for fighter-doctrine factions like Tri-Tachyon), but if they're not supported by adequate carriers, then that's really a problem.
What is your "minimum" level of support? (IE how many fighters per flight deck) I'll try to keep a look out for fleets that have large numbers of fighters and not enough carriers and get screencaps
Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Spoiler
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
[close]

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 01:17:52 PM »

I don't remember what the code is doing off the top of my head, but I'd say something about 5:1 is excessive. Ideally it'd probably aim for 3 wings per deck, but I'm sure it's not coded to that level of detail - it's more like "X small carriers, Y wings", with some variance. No need to get screencaps, though thank you for offering - I think at this point it's pretty clear that it's not doing a good job of it, and I'll be looking at the code.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • Toss a coin to your Modder, O' valley of plenty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 01:38:10 PM »

Well I just fought a pirate fleet that had, among other things, two condors for twelve (!) wings.

Pages: 1 [2]