Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: [.53a.1] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]  (Read 111441 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: [Alpha-Rel] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]
« Reply #90 on: June 02, 2012, 02:15:22 PM »

Went though this morning and found a number of things that needed fixing in the transition from .51 to .52 (primarily the impulse family weapons having invisible projectiles)

Hopefully I'll get around to making one or two more frigates, and maybe a weapon.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #91 on: June 02, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »

Yay! It's alive! And those ships look sweet! So how many of their ships are manned and how many are drones?
All of their fighters are drones, most of their frigates are either drones or require very little crew. They posses a drone destroyer (or two), and *probably* all other destroyers and larger (excluding their freighter(s?) and tanker(s?), which are both autonomous) require a compliment of crew, though this number is significantly smaller than normal. Do note however that the drones have *no* space for carrying around crew, and the non-drone ships have only a very limited capacity for extra crew, so you don't want to lose the crew members you do have (if you have manned ships). Drone ship frigates & larger do have a slot for a command shuttle to dock & interface with them, allowing for direct control & piloting.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 02, 2012, 06:57:37 PM »

Yay! It's alive! And those ships look sweet! So how many of their ships are manned and how many are drones?
All of their fighters are drones, most of their frigates are either drones or require very little crew. They posses a drone destroyer (or two), and *probably* all other destroyers and larger (excluding their freighter(s?) and tanker(s?), which are both autonomous) require a compliment of crew, though this number is significantly smaller than normal. Do note however that the drones have *no* space for carrying around crew, and the non-drone ships have only a very limited capacity for extra crew, so you don't want to lose the crew members you do have (if you have manned ships). Drone ship frigates & larger do have a slot for a command shuttle to dock & interface with them, allowing for direct control & piloting.

Awesome, I'll be gone for a month, so when I come back, I will be expecting a playable version with this awsome new faction ok?

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2012, 08:33:40 PM »

XP You would be surprised how many concurrent mods I have, in addition to other things (like finals in a week) to also occupy my time with.

At the very least there will likely be a new version with some new stuff that I deemed release worthy.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2012, 09:48:26 PM »

Sooo I ended up making concept art today since my attempts to make a cruiser initially were thwarted by technical limitations of not being able to see everything at sufficient zoom while zoomed in. Also been working on designing some weapons. I'm thinking a few of the Directorate ships may have weapons that are integrated into their hulls...

Will be busy this week though, so I don't expect much progress from myself over the next several days XP

Rybread

• Ensign
  • Fresh outta highschool & lost in adulthood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2012, 02:55:13 PM »

Looking forward to the next release. This mod is one of my favorites.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:30 AM »

Looking forward to the next release. This mod is one of my favorites.

dito, please avan, make it soon

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2012, 10:08:56 PM »

Currently working on planning out some more ships for the Directorate; possibly a few might be finished over the coming weeks (I have a lot of on-going projects, all vying for time)

Also needs to be updated for .53, and ship systems given to the ships. Possibly some new ones added; more news on that later.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2012, 09:59:44 AM »

Currently working on planning out some more ships for the Directorate; possibly a few might be finished over the coming weeks (I have a lot of on-going projects, all vying for time)

Also needs to be updated for .53, and ship systems given to the ships. Possibly some new ones added; more news on that later.

Yes! you're still working on this! I'm so happy right now! Awesome, if you need a tester im here

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2012, 04:24:16 PM »

Ok, almost all the ships have their systems in; going to need to make some custom systems for a few of the ships, I'll have more information on this later. After that I need to fix the campaign's crashbug, and then it should be ready for safe use in .53

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2012, 06:42:44 PM »

Ok, almost all the ships have their systems in; going to need to make some custom systems for a few of the ships, I'll have more information on this later. After that I need to fix the campaign's crashbug, and then it should be ready for safe use in .53

I will play this till my computer breaks!

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2012, 07:32:52 PM »

Ok, stuff is still undergoing balance testing, and the campaign java code is not fixed yet (it is still crashing), but here is a tentative list of all the ships (frigate and large) with their systems: (note that the dummied out stuff is pretty tentative and I have not bothered to check for balance that heavily yet, since they are often for factions/content/etc that still has yet to be implemented)

Frigates

Proton [Dummied out] - phase teleporter
Pike - flare launcher
Anvil - active flare launcher
Javelin - ammofeed
Marten - burn drive (just don't crash into anything - this is really meant to allow for retreats)
Warhammer - fastmissiles
Amanita [Dummied out] - phase skimmer

Destroyers

Mace - ammofeed
Valk 2 - active flare launcher
Ocelot - Burn drive
Hammer - active flare launcher
Rhino - fortress shield

Cruisers

Perentie [Dummied out] - High energy focus
Hyena - Overdrive (Its functions like a lower-speed burn drive; you can still (sort of) turn (though not well), it toggles, and you can use shields. It generates a small amount of hard flux over time and stops hard flux dissipation though so you can't keep it on forever (But it still lasts a long time) (it also has an even higher flameout chance if you collide with cruisers or capships); basically it's meant to compliment the Hyena's intended purpose of chasing down small ships (or running away from other cruisers & capships). Hyperions still take a ridiculous amount of time to kill, but its doable)

Atlas II - fast missile racks? (good for dumping all your missiles at once in a panic at a pesky onslaught burn-driving its way towards you.)
Phoenix - ammofeed (this can be quite scary...)
Lion - ammofeed (this can also be quite scary)
Panther - high energy focus
Titan - Burn drive (The burndrive work's wonders on the Titan because of the Titan's turret emplacements; unlike the onslaught, overshooting is not a problem at all ;D)
Wyvera [Mission only] - ( ;D just play the mission where you have to kill one.)
Spoiler
You sure you want to spoil the fun? I put those tags here for a reason...
Spoiler
(It has a capship version of the phase teleporter; longer range, much longer recharge, very, very scary.)
[close]
[close]
Atlas III - fast missile racks?
Manta - Phase Drive (This system is basically like the Phase skimmer, but has a somewhat shorter distance, 3x the charges (9), and a slower recharge rate; It provides an already fairly nimble capship with even more speed... Note that the charges use up your flux very fast, so be warned...)
Kepler - midline PD drones
Crocodile - maneuvering jets
Lance - fast missile racks (with the right loadout, this one's "oh... cra*BOOM*" factor ranks only second to the Wyvera's...)

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »

See the OP for the new download link; now compatible with 0.53a

I'll probably put out a balance hotfix while I'm working on the new content.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

Also looks like I'm going to need to put up a version to balance the fleets in the campaign...

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah, I did some manual tweaking on the fleet quantity balancing as well as a bit of work to make them interact with all the stuff in UC, I really like the Ceredian ships, they mesh quite nicely with the vanilla art and manage to make a nice opposite to the TriTach ships in tech level while still being competitive.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13