Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: [.53a.1] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]  (Read 111240 times)

Zaphide

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [.53a.1] Green Sun & Other custom factions [Campaign and Missions]
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »

As of now I didn't get an answer if i could continue or join the mod from Avan or Wolfy as his account on the transcendence forum is called and he was last active here on July 24, 2013.
I am wondering if I should release my aproach to Ceredia, I put some work into it and it plays well with exerelin 0.58.
It's also quite vanilla balanced.
What do you guys think?

Personally, I'm fine with it as long as credit is given where credit is due (similar to the way other modders have credited original work). I'd hate to see the original work languish.

I actually did a bit of rework on the Isora faction a while back.

However, I don't know what the general consensus of the forum would be, and July 24 is not that long ago. Anyone else want to chip in their opinion? :)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
« Reply #166 on: August 14, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »

If the creator logged in a month ago then I'd definitely not release it. Like I said earlier, he might be waiting for the next version to come out before continuing his mod.
Personally it'd annoy me greatly to be gone for a little while and to see upon return how someone else went off with my mod. :-\
Now if someone is gone for at least a year, not even logged in, then that's a different story in my opinion.

Anyway, have you tried sending a pm? If you did, nothing else you can do but wait.

DarkAlbino

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 14, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »

Yeah, I send him PMs on this and on Transcendence forum.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 14, 2013, 09:04:57 PM »

If the creator logged in a month ago then I'd definitely not release it. Like I said earlier, he might be waiting for the next version to come out before continuing his mod.
Personally it'd annoy me greatly to be gone for a little while and to see upon return how someone else went off with my mod. :-\
Now if someone is gone for at least a year, not even logged in, then that's a different story in my opinion.

Anyway, have you tried sending a pm? If you did, nothing else you can do but wait.

I concur. You can't run off with someone else's intellectual property unless they've given you permission.

DarkAlbino

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 14, 2013, 11:26:45 PM »

That's what I think is right too, he also explicitly stated that he wants to be asked if someone wants to use something from his mod.
I'm just so eager to release the stuff I did but i will keep waiting for an answer and maybe send another message.

NanoMatter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »

Awesome mod!  :)

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2013, 11:43:02 PM »

This is making me nervous, I hope Avan comes back as his mod would really come into it's own with a few factions who have a few systems.

Wunder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2013, 08:22:50 AM »

Get Rid of Atlas II
Damocles has covered that role.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #173 on: November 02, 2013, 11:25:22 PM »

Hm.

Ok, so some housekeeping responses:

1) It's.. a funny but kinda nice feeling to see that people still pay attention to this old thing

2a) It would be a lot of work to continue, and I'm busy with a certain other project for transcendence. The future will have to see. No permissions are granted *yet*, though the enthusiasm is appreciated. I may do so in the future if I decide i wont be continuing this, but certain requirements/restrictions on use and/or presentation may or may not be imposed.

2b) I might choose to redo some of the older graphics that dont fit. Some of them.. are quite old. The ships in there include virtually every ship I produced for starfarer/starsector, from the very beginning. There is a lot of art evolution going on in there.

3) I believe that I have a current conflict-less version with the most recently screenshotted ships that arent released yet.

4a) If someone wants to tell me what to do - especially in terms of something as silly as overlapping ship roles with some newcomer mod (considering this was the first mod ever produced for starsector back when it was starfarer, though not released), I hereby claim seniority and anyone who wants to disagree may take a hike. I'm NOT removing a ship because of overlap with some other mod. Maybe if it overlapped with a new vanilla ship. Maybe if I decided I didnt like the ship anymore. But not because of another mod.

4b) I still have bitter feelings about this place (mainly instigated by a single person, though that last post hardly helped - yeah, that nice feeling from part 1 went away pretty fast). Don't take this post as a sign I'm back or active again. Just that I've read this thread.

4c) Yeah, probably sounding a bit harsh right now but a few things got me in a bad mood - though the enthusiastic and appreciative comments and efforts didnt go unnoticed. So thanks to you.

Anyways, I'm off till next time.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 03, 2013, 05:44:17 AM »

Damn, Avan is alive! Glad to see you are still somewhat around. Hope you'll be back in the modding community eventually.

For the post from GGMC, don't take it personally. GGMC isn't english and usually his posts feels kinda... Weird. But i'm pretty sure he didn't mean you any harm, just accidentally used the wrong words.

Also, the Atlas II don't play at all like the Damocles from TuP, they just look similar because they got the same Atlas's dad.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »

Avan, you're always accepted here!  ;D

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 03, 2013, 06:02:39 PM »

Good modders are always welcome (back) :D

Deathven

• Commander
  • "Contigo ergo sum" - Descartes
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 03, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »

They certainly are always welcome back! I haven't been back in a long time and I didn't comment much but I'm glad I'm back!  ;D

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #178 on: May 03, 2017, 10:05:01 AM »

Well, with the latest release, I've decided to attempt updating my mod -  a number of things will be changed/updated though.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 03, 2017, 11:14:59 AM »

Holy crap that is exciting, thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13