Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Raising faction rep  (Read 1764 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Raising faction rep
« on: November 20, 2015, 12:04:06 AM »

Has anyone figured out how to do this at all quickly in the new version? I really wouldn't mind allying with 1 faction and going hostile to the others, but I can't seem to bump the relations up very much.

I'm trying to get in cahoots with the Hegemony, but they only rarely have bounties and pirates are non-existant. Trade I guess? Buy 5 Buffalos, stock up on goods, and wait for missions? Slaughter the Tri-Tach? I wish I could just bribe them - I'm sitting on a half million with absolutely nothing to spend it on.

Zapier

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Raising faction rep
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:00:29 AM »

Alex, I think, said somewhere else that bounties work and is one of the few ways to get back up from hostile or vengeful or something... also, I haven't really tried to complete one yet but what about the trade missions?

I know fighting on their side when they're in battle seems to net a few points early on too.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 05:25:29 AM »

I really don't know how.  Bounties aren't nearly as common as they were before - I guess I'll have to start creating my own bounties by disrupting trade on Jangala with my Transponder turned off. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2015, 05:32:14 AM »

Big trades is one way.  I am just one shy of reaching "Welcoming" with Hegemony.  That means I need to back off so I can hunt Pirates for other factions.  I do not want to deal with faction ties or their killer fleets just yet, at least before I can level up my character in peace.

It is annoying trying to get good weapons without high enough relations with a faction though.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2015, 12:48:42 PM »

Helping out in battles seems to work only until you reach Welcoming rep.
EDIT: Actually, it still works, but you need to have played an important role in the battle for a incremental incerease.

Not sure, but I think it has something to do with Alex' mention of less rep impact player's "established routines" have.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:07:06 PM by SpacePoliticianAndaZealot »

Euqocelbbog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2015, 01:13:05 PM »

Doing plenty of bounties and occasionally participating in battles has allowed me to get to friendly with the hegemony in a decent amount of time (and also hostile with the Church, Diktat, and Tri-Tachyon).