Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Favorite Surprises  (Read 16124 times)

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Surprises
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »

Found Asharu Stellar Shade(mentioned in the description of Asharu) and some other derelicts in Corvus. The shade doesn't seem sabotaged tho.

It's position doesn't seem like it would give much shade to Asharu.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »

Found Asharu Stellar Shade(mentioned in the description of Asharu) and some other derelicts in Corvus. The shade doesn't seem sabotaged tho.

It's position doesn't seem like it would give much shade to Asharu.
Yeah, maybe slowly de-orbiting since it is now dysfunctional.
Also expected something bigger.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »

No. But the shade is totally out of alignment and is thus not terraforming Asharu anymore.
(It should be in the Asharu/Corvus L1 point to do it's job.)

DeMatt

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2015, 02:00:07 PM »

Something I JUST discovered:  in the Refit screen, you can CLICK on the CR meter at the top and SET the CR used in the simulator!  No more trying to run a fresh-out-of-mothballs ship at 0% CR for me!

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2015, 04:49:24 PM »

Something I JUST discovered:  in the Refit screen, you can CLICK on the CR meter at the top and SET the CR used in the simulator!  No more trying to run a fresh-out-of-mothballs ship at 0% CR for me!
That was in for several versions. Anyway, congrats for finding it.

Bankstercide

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2015, 04:10:07 PM »

Learning that the easiest way to attract pirates in Hyperspace is to take on Missions.

Discovering the awesome that is the Graviton Beam.  Perfect Accuracy, 1000 Range, Kinetic Damage!

Realizing that using Shields is a very nuanced thing.  Knowing what kind of ordinance is flying your way is very important when deciding to raise Shields.  Hello, risk vs. reward.

Closing in for the kill with Missiles/Torps.  FINISH HIM!

Bombers.  They don't so much drop bombs, but lay moving minefields.  Slow moving target?  Get rekt.

Typo91

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »

wow that was news to me.... cool

also, a big surprise to me was many guns not needing ammo now....  i like this better, though it does make things a tad bit less complex and easy, it means that you dont have to always goto beam weapons for those drawn out technical battles... at first i thought it was a glitch.

THough single shot salamander missile not having limited ammo seems like a bug, cause even though its slow reload, it feels op... maybe thats just me
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:48:10 AM by Typo91 »

Achataeon

• Commander
  • ~stare~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2015, 11:13:08 PM »

Suspending repairs just before running out of supplies prevents all kinds of accidents. Yep. In my game, running out of supplies is no longer a death sentence. I think it's a bug but not too sure.
"On average, a human has one breast and one testicle"
- Vsauce, Michael here
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]