Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Star Wars Mod Update: v2.04 new guns  (Read 101427 times)

Subject901

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mod Update: v2.0 beta getting close to complete
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2012, 02:59:33 PM »

oh ion cannons penetrate shields.that was probably it. if its the problem the person above my last post raised on rebel missions your capital is a random ship which (in my experience), is not in the mission
also im guessing your not gonna add super star destroyers lol.This mod is amazing and love it already i cant wait till(if) you add campaign
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:07:44 PM by Subject901 »

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2012, 12:08:07 AM »

Normal star destroyers are 1.6km long. Home one (rebel flagship at the time) is about 1.4km long. Super star destroyers are 10 MILES LONG. Some of them even packed a death star type laser that was about 20% as powerful. But 20% of blowing up a planet is still probably blowing up a planet. They also had thousands of guns with insane range, and were immune to normal turbolaser and heavy turbolaser fire. The one that was destroyed in the battle of Endor was a huge fluke and very lucky for the republic at the time.

Me and Aarath were joking that we would make one that you would fight where only the tip of the nose would show at the edge of the map and then it would fire a thousand guns and just destroy everything.

But anyway, yeah this game does not really work with such large size differences. It really doesn't work well with the size differences of even the normal star destroyers. Because really if we had a scale where one pixel is a meter, then the SD should be 3x the size it is right now. I'll probably make a "true to source" Star Destroyer vs. Star Cruiser single mission at some point where each ship gets its entire compliment of fighters and everything.

edit:

I've added skipray blastboats, finally found a nebulon B, and added a small fast frigate to the empire side. Going to add another 5 ships or so and then release the next version.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:12:06 AM by washout »

Arrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2012, 11:31:19 AM »

Me and Aarath were joking that we would make one that you would fight where only the tip of the nose would show at the edge of the map and then it would fire a thousand guns and just destroy everything.

I want to try it just to see if the game can handle that many guns firing at once :P

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2012, 12:58:19 PM »

Just curious if/when the ships will be added to the campaign? I would love to be flying around in a YT-1300! :-D

Arrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »

Just curious if/when the ships will be added to the campaign? I would love to be flying around in a YT-1300! :-D

We're working on it, but not yet sure when it might make it into release.

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »

Do you think you could update the OP with pictures of the ships added? It makes it much more convenient for those wondering if they want to try the mod.

Sorry if this question was addressed before, I just skimmed the replies.  :P
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

Arrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2012, 03:43:18 PM »

Have a massively oversized screen from a recent test!

eirikrr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Mod Update: v2.01
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2012, 04:12:31 AM »

just wondering when the mod will get an update or a fix, seeing as it still don't work (for me atleast) so I would really like to know when that might be, hopefully soon. :) "Fatal: Fatal: weapon_data.csv is missing weapons Check starfarer.log for more info"

Subject901

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2012, 07:39:17 AM »

yeah broken again
edit:it wasnt in one handy package like the last version but i managed to use my old version to manually sort it out
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:16:25 AM by Subject901 »

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2012, 08:19:07 AM »

The latest one that I just posted is working afaik. You probably need to completely delete the current star wars directory and then extract this one.

yeah broken again
edit:it wasnt in one handy package like the last version but i managed to use my old version to manually sort it out
What did you have to do to fix it?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:52:37 AM by washout »

Subject901

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2012, 08:59:43 AM »

yeah

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2012, 09:39:44 AM »

I'm really enjoying this mod, good work. :)

I know this is a really minor detail, but some (all?) of the ship names show up strangely*.

*Also, please ignore the fact that I made the exact same mistake with fleet titles when I ported it to the campaign ;)

Edit: After a bit of experimenting, it seems names are generated this way:

Name1-class Variant2 Designation3

1: From the 'name' field in ship_data.csv
2: The displayName in the .variant file
3: From the 'designation' field in ship_data.csv
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 10:00:22 AM by arkmagius »

eirikrr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2012, 12:49:57 PM »

The latest one that I just posted is working afaik. You probably need to completely delete the current star wars directory and then extract this one.

yeah broken again
What did you have to do to fix it?

ah nice! it worked to delete the old folder and then" reinstalling" it, ty. really awsome mod so far :D

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2012, 01:19:50 PM »

For some reason if you try to just copy over the old files it seems to merge these text documents or something very strange, and you end up with all kinds of errors.

I'm really enjoying this mod, good work. :)

I know this is a really minor detail, but some (all?) of the ship names show up strangely*.

*Also, please ignore the fact that I made the exact same mistake with fleet titles when I ported it to the campaign ;)
Funny that you mention this, I just fixed it a little bit ago for the next release.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 01:21:39 PM by washout »

intothewildblueyonder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2012, 04:18:55 PM »

found this pic for size comparisons
 :o
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10