Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ApproLight v0.8.6-RC1 (2020-12-29)  (Read 362450 times)

HellBent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] ApproLight v0.4.6a(f1) -Prime-
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2017, 07:50:09 AM »

I just feel ApproLight fits me I guess. It really seems to try and pull me into their world, with just more than just veni, vidi, vici. Well, although imagination can create whatever scenarios it wants, I like it how the mind get's poked by ApproLight. Being able to gather pieces to construct a legendary ship. Having hierarchy where it is not enough to just befriend them to talk to Originem. A mysterious uncharted area where their enemies come from (which I tried to get close and regretted XD). Their own questline.

I definitely feel ApproLight feels like an odd, but very enjoyable to me, JRPG element pushed into the game.

Thank you so much for enjoying ApproLight! I feel god damn warm about it!
I'm very sorry about the update of ApproLight, it has been 0.5.1a for a long time in China but the translator has so many work to do that it has to be delayed. The new version has been more balanced and change a lot of detailed things, also more playability.

Have you thought about putting it through a very basic translator/ having a rough translation then posting the text files for someone who speaks English to edit/ correct etc.?

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2017, 03:01:59 PM »

Woooohoooohoooooo! As I was looking around for Immortal Light fleets, I randomly saw a fleet that was marked red. It had only Approlight ships, not looking like a pirate. I checked the bounties but nothing was there either. Only way later I realized it was one of the bosses :D

I donno how long I spent trying to destroy all ships but the boss one, running away once, with an Onslaught not being fast enough. They will be remembered =( After it was just the boss left, I honestly was planning on doing a savescum to get it, but I was lucky and managed to get the boarding screen on my first try :D What a high maintenance ship this is!!! Had to add Logistical Conservation and Minimal Preparation to kick it down to 30, with max CR at 67. Probably will remove Minimal Preparation later on. Now.. time to overcharge it :D

Tis a beauty to even look at~
Spoiler
[close]

Question: Does attacking him/capturing the ship make ApproLight dislike me? I am guessing yes, cause I was on 100 relationship with them and suddenly that dipped to 75. Are bosses considered part of the faction?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:03:23 PM by Weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 25, 2017, 09:33:30 PM »

Any plans to update this mod?

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2017, 09:55:50 PM »

Any plans to update this mod?

It's not the question of "When it is updating?", it's "When is Approlight's latest update going to be translated?"

This mod original form is from the Starsector Chinese community, so expect a long time till an update. Plus, the 0.7.2 one was behind on updates anyway.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 30, 2017, 12:21:11 AM »

I hope that the update that comes out after .81 gets translated then.

But to be quite honest, how much new text there actually is between the latest English release and the current Chinese one? I mean the last English release had most ship descriptions and a lot of the stations interactions already done. I'd also settle for a quick parity update with only core elements like hullmods descriptions done.

Raakashan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2017, 11:10:08 PM »

Seems like its been a while since this mod has been updated/translated, Are we ever going to see this updated for 0.8.1a? This looks AMAZING and would really love to see an update for this so I can try it out

jn_xyp

• Ensign
  • Ordinary Player, Fossic.org customer support
    • View Profile
    • Jn_xyp's Blog (In Chinese)
« Reply #171 on: August 18, 2017, 02:20:55 AM »

I hope that the update that comes out after .81 gets translated then.

But to be quite honest, how much new text there actually is between the latest English release and the current Chinese one? I mean the last English release had most ship descriptions and a lot of the stations interactions already done. I'd also settle for a quick parity update with only core elements like hullmods descriptions done.

Actually there are much more work to do for Chinese translators, because they decided to re-translation almost all descriptions, especially these texts about the game background stories. They said they are trying to "show the true face of the star domain to the Chinese speakers", so it will be a heavy work for them. :)
Ordinary Player, maintainer and customer support of fossic.org.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2017, 06:19:30 PM »

This is good to hear. I'm also interested in this mod too. It will be worth the wait.  ;D
Spoiler

[close]

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »

Hope it gets done soon as well

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2017, 03:16:21 PM »

There is a new version ApproLight_0.6.0a for SS 0.8.1a on the Baidu posted on Oct.20. But it is in chinese and I'm not anywhere proficient to even touch this kind of complexity.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2017, 06:18:51 AM »

I hope we get it soon too, been waiting for this mod for a while to do a new run.
Starsector just isn't the same without it.

Edit. To be honest I'd be OK with a semi-translated version with only essential information translated like HullMods and weapon descriptions.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 06:32:26 AM by Cyan Leader »

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2017, 03:51:27 AM »

Yesterday I tried the new version of ApproLight for 0.8.1a. It is almost unplayable as it is 'cause the chinese is everywhere (dialogs, shipnames, weapons, hullmods) and chars are rendered as "?". And "strings_en" from 0.7.2a doesn't work somewhy, even partially.

Nia Tahl

• Admiral
  • AI in disguise
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2017, 06:51:46 AM »

I'd suggest checking out the unofficial starsector discord regarding an English version.
My mods: Tahlan Shipworks - ScalarTech Solutions - Trailer Moments
It's all in the presentation

Myrkin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »

Any  news about 0.8.1a-supported version?

Piemanlives

• Commander
  • I've Got This, I think...
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2017, 05:05:01 AM »

See above, while there's no super official translation there is a translation going around, ask Nia on the Unofficial Discord.
This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 28