Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] ApproLight v0.8.6-RC1 (2020-12-29)  (Read 362414 times)

Seifer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] ApproLight v0.4.6a(f1) -Prime-
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2016, 02:30:18 AM »

Amazing mod :) I have played it few hours on my Starsector 0.7.2a, the boss fleet is really tough, my Hiigaran dreadnought could not handle it solo haha ! But why does the Index mod (categorized) thread says Approlight is 0.7.1 mod ?  :P Anyway, I came here because of a game crash. Where can I post the log ? I think it's related to a ship subsystem: AL_Cataclysm, at it is mentionned in the error. Thank you in advance for your consideration  :D

Nevermind the crash, I'm pretty sure it was because I had not enough java memory, now I fixed it ^^ playing with many factions is a blast !
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:22:53 AM by Seifer »

Serafin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 11, 2016, 06:07:26 AM »

Picked one of boss ships from empty station.. and sudenly defenders appeared, won fight, but than others appeared...

Is there anyway to aquire these boss ships without ruining game with endless elites chasing you?
And is there way to increase unit limit in battle? mine so low that i can deply only 1/4 of my forces :(

HellBent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2016, 05:30:24 PM »

And is there way to increase unit limit in battle? mine so low that i can deply only 1/4 of my forces :(
One of the leadership skills does this

HellBent

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2016, 02:58:15 AM »

Btw the engine hull mod doesn't work. It doesn't change the max burn speed.
Tested with the Atlas type class and one of the cruisers.

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2016, 05:31:23 AM »

So i managed to Kill a Fleet of approlight when they turned against my alliance ...

i picked up this item called Prime Core which worths 250,000 credits :D

the thing is..... it seems like approlight got extremely *** i killed their fleet / picked up a prime core that they are sending every friggin massive invasion fleet sized armadas to chase me down ..... what is happening? is it because i took the prime core?

Serafin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2016, 03:39:00 AM »

I gues you picked also ship from abandoned faciliti

I *** of them too.. ;p

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 02, 2016, 02:33:21 PM »

i didnt pick up any ship yet... i fought the big fleet in hyperspace, picked up a prime core and now they chase me where ever i go... I can barely play without save scumming... since a full fleet can wipe me out without my allies support :L

is there anyway of getting rid of them?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 02, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »

i didnt pick up any ship yet... i fought the big fleet in hyperspace, picked up a prime core and now they chase me where ever i go... I can barely play without save scumming... since a full fleet can wipe me out without my allies support :L

Yeah, turn off the mod
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 02, 2016, 03:24:46 PM »

Throw away the Prime Core. Or try hide it in a well defended station?

The problem with the feature of gathering the items needed for the ships is that they'll chase you all the time.

Unless you chain gather the materials, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to survive the onslaught of fleets.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Gezzaman

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 02, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »

the thing is i dont even carry the core on me. I threw it into an abandoned station for storage.

when im home, ill save --> sell the core and see if that helps. ( it worths so much and is an important item so im hesitant in selling it haha)

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2017, 02:08:04 AM »

Just a random comment of joy. ApproLight makes me feel I am playing a JRPG game. It is the first time I ever got so into a faction. As far as unbalanced factions go, it is wonderful. It really makes me happy to play with it in my list~
Ignorance is bliss..

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 24, 2017, 11:47:27 AM »

This is pretty good to hear, someone enjoys a faction which is almost more than a faction.

(damn, I need to get around more)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 24, 2017, 09:42:33 PM »

I just feel ApproLight fits me I guess. It really seems to try and pull me into their world, with just more than just veni, vidi, vici. Well, although imagination can create whatever scenarios it wants, I like it how the mind get's poked by ApproLight. Being able to gather pieces to construct a legendary ship. Having hierarchy where it is not enough to just befriend them to talk to Originem. A mysterious uncharted area where their enemies come from (which I tried to get close and regretted XD). Their own questline.

I definitely feel ApproLight feels like an odd, but very enjoyable to me, JRPG element pushed into the game.
Ignorance is bliss..

Originem

• Purple Principle
  • Captain
  • Dancing like a boss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 24, 2017, 11:19:44 PM »

I just feel ApproLight fits me I guess. It really seems to try and pull me into their world, with just more than just veni, vidi, vici. Well, although imagination can create whatever scenarios it wants, I like it how the mind get's poked by ApproLight. Being able to gather pieces to construct a legendary ship. Having hierarchy where it is not enough to just befriend them to talk to Originem. A mysterious uncharted area where their enemies come from (which I tried to get close and regretted XD). Their own questline.

I definitely feel ApproLight feels like an odd, but very enjoyable to me, JRPG element pushed into the game.

Thank you so much for enjoying ApproLight! I feel god damn warm about it!
I'm very sorry about the update of ApproLight, it has been 0.5.1a for a long time in China but the translator has so many work to do that it has to be delayed. The new version has been more balanced and change a lot of detailed things, also more playability.
My mods

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 24, 2017, 11:31:45 PM »

Thank you so much for enjoying ApproLight! I feel god damn warm about it!
I'm very sorry about the update of ApproLight, it has been 0.5.1a for a long time in China but the translator has so many work to do that it has to be delayed. The new version has been more balanced and change a lot of detailed things, also more playability.

I wish I knew Chinese XD Although it is nice to know it's still being developed, even if out of reach. Patience is a virtue. I will be really happy when it comes, be it on 0.7.2a or 0.8a =) Thanks a lot for making this guys and for translating it for people like me :D
Ignorance is bliss..
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28