Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Another new ship?  (Read 15496 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Another new ship?
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 01:25:05 PM »

It's a cruiser, right?
Seems quite chubby; perhaps it's got a reasonable cargo capacity, like a Mule on steroids.

Though even if it didn't, a mid-line hull with 1xLarge missile + 2xMedium missile + 3xSmall missile + 1xMedium ballistic + 5xSmall ballistic is a nice combination of useful mounts.
The loadout its running also seems to indicate it's not gimped on OP's either; 26+20+12+12+20=90 on weapons alone! Though I suppose it could be a gimped build with no OP in anything else.

I'd probably keep the missile loadout as-is (unless the current OP swarmers are being nerfed back towards their old frag version)
Switch out the forward ballistic mounts for Needlers & a Mauler.

Perfectly respectable close support ship, with plenty of suppressive missile support and quite a nasty Reaper bite!

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 01:46:22 PM »

I rather like it, looks like a very no-nonsense, robust design. Cool ship system encouraging you to use Sabots and Harpoons. Maybe its logistics will be forgiving as well.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 03:42:53 PM »

It looks like an ugly, misshapen cross between Buffalo-2 and Aurora.

Euqocelbbog

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 04:00:41 PM »

It looks like an ugly, misshapen cross between Buffalo-2 and Aurora.

In other words, really cool.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 04:04:58 PM »

For you, perhaps.  I like symmetry, although I tolerate mutants like the Tempest if they are best-in-class.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 04:05:12 PM »

i agree on "cross between Buffalo-2 and Aurora" but i don't think it looks ugly at all. although i'm not a big fan of the green-ish yellow color in general.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »

Or maybe it's CGR paint job and original has usual color of SS low or mid-tech hull.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »

Looks really cool to me, but thats cause I love all things midline.

Re: firepower - I can see this thing being very deadly. Put kinetics in those front ballistics, and that and a cyclone reaper alone will ruin destroyers. Cyclone has an insane amount of ammo too. That will most likely overload enemies - toss a pair of Harpoon pods for the kill once they are overloaded. Sabots in the smalls, I guess? Meh.

Or 2x Pilum + MIRV and standoff if it doesn't have the staying power. Decent ranged support, though a bit expensive. This plus Condors for a fighter/missile standoff fleet?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »

I'm not surprised that the new midline missile cruiser is "less powerful" than the Aurora - ships tend to be like the a lot, taking into consideration the extreme case of the Buffalo Mk.II.  Although we don't exactly know it's flux / hull / shield stats yet, we do have a good idea of the ship system is (the aforementioned missile ammo regen, as seen in the patch notes with the AI addition).

I agree with Thaago on all points (including the "love all midlines" bit, heh :)) - it can have an extreme amount of burst firepower, overwhelm shields in an instant and then pummel the hull only to back off and recharge.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2015, 08:45:35 PM »

Not sure if this is old news, but I just scrolled through David's twitter and saw these:

Spoiler
[close]

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 08:47:40 PM »

Quite old, yes. See "Civillian Liners" thread.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 09:08:01 PM »

Yeah, I'm kinda out of the loop on the forums these days... Well at least the update is dropping soon, right?

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 09:54:53 PM »

Yeah, I'm kinda out of the loop on the forums these days... Well at least the update is dropping soon, right?
Yep!  There's a release candidate build currently being tested, and the final (barring any emergency changes) set of changes are in the changelog. =)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2015, 08:27:23 AM »

thinking about the new missile cruiser, i'm again wondering what the new missile weapons are going to be:
  • Added several new missile weapons (one small and two large)
  • Hurricane MIRV - changed to be a medium range finisher weapon rather than long-range
    • Removed ammo regeneration
    • Increased number of warheads to 10
    • Reduced refire delay to 5 seconds
    • Reduced range to be in line with MRMs
    • Increased missile hitpoints and range at which the main missile splits
    • Increased flight time of individual warheads
we know the small one is a new 2-shot "Hammer" torpedo rack, weaker than Reapers.

and with Hurricane MIRV being changed to an MRM, i assume one of the large ones will be a new LRM. fitting the cruiser with that, 2 Pilums and some mobility hullmods could be fun. Timid officer to stay at range, with the small missile slots either Swarmers to engage small & fast targets at close range, or Salamanders to disable enemies trying to get close.

what could the 2nd large missile addition be, though?

also, regarding officers: with some luck, an officer could get Missile Specialization to rank 10 by lvl 4, which should make the cruiser A LOT more dangerous; way more so than other rank 10 skills would on most ships. that's +50% rof, +50% dmg and +50% speed & maneuverability with its primary weapons o_o

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2015, 08:57:55 AM »

Im thinking one large missile will be a long-range heavy missile or a large Pilum launcher, since the Hurricane is a mid range missile now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4