Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Enemy fleets attempting to disengage when faced with massive mothballed fleet  (Read 2194 times)

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile

Probably not a bug per se, but this felt like the best place for this.

Because I'm playing a game around building my fleet out of captured ships, I have a *ton* of mothballed ships in my fleet - I'm talking 30+.  As long as they can keep pace with my fleet, there's no reason not to keep them with the fleet for refitting at market hubs/as easy replacements for losses.  However, I'd starting to find that other fleets - even really big ones that match my active ship strength, with capitals - keep attempting to disengage when I try to join battle.  It's both a) an exploit-y way to pick the opposing fleet to shreds, and b) really annoying when I want to kill something completely.  Obviously, I've dumped the mothball megatrain for now, but I think the the other fleet shouldn't consider your mothballed ships at all in their combat decisions.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for the report; shouldn't be an issue in 0.7a :)

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile

You may already have this covered, then, but they also shouldn't* count towards DP allocation. =) Thanks!

*edit
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:20:37 AM by Adraius »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Oh, hey, it wasn't - thanks for bringing that up too, fixed.

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile

I derped up and wrote 'should' instead of 'shouldn't' - I'm sorry, which was is it fixed now? xD I think getting extra DP for having a graveyard flying with your fleet isn't* a good idea.

*EDIT - DAMMIT, I DID IT AGAIN >.<
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 11:18:49 AM by Adraius »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

It was fixed in the correct way; was pretty obvious what you meant from context :)