Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Now YOU can be the proud new owner of an ICE for the low, low price of $0.0!!!!!  (Read 21689 times)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile

Fix a major bug that will interrupt the trade with refugee fleet. And some minor improvement to the armor repair effect.

https://bitbucket.org/Deathfly/ice/downloads/ICE%200.3.3%20LTS-1b.zip
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

spartan117pr

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Am I terrible or are specter frigates insanely hard to use?  :o

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Am I terrible or are specter frigates insanely hard to use?  :o

It's a glass cannon, flies like a Hound with the armour of a Wolf, but much more manoeuvrable. It's definitely not easy to fly, but it can works.

Otherwise, i noticed that the supplies maintenance and recovery were very low for a lot of ships. Their cost should be twice, sometimes thrice higher as they currently are.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

ICE tends to explode when Version Checker is activated.
Looks like data/config/version/version_files.csv needs to be removed from ICE to fully remove support for version checker (assuming that was the intention of removing sun_ice.version

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile

When I said I doing a long-term support, I didn't mean just make it work again. So here we go, some balance changes is coming in way.

https://bitbucket.org/Deathfly/ice/downloads/ICE%200.3.3%20LTS-1c.zip

Spoiler
Code
----<  ICE version 0.3.3 LTS1c >--------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONTENT CHANGES
- Flashghast(missile frigate) and Pentagram(melee frigate) rejoin ICE fleets.
- Gandiva LRM(Large high speed LRM) back to ICE armory.
- Some adjustment on the melee AI. To make them don't try to kill friendly ships by accident.
- Add more variants to ICE and ICI fleets. ICI will stick on Idoneus tech while ICE will mix up with vanilla weapons.
- Support Version Checker again

BALANCE CHANGES
- A balance pass was goes thought all ICE ships.
 -> OP count reduce to vanilla level.
 -> Flux state more clost to vanilla level. Most ships vanilla level dissipation rate but about 20%-10% lower capacity.
 -> Max speed slightly increased.
 -> Supplies usage more close to vanilla level.
 -> Aromr rating rebalanced.

- Weapon rebalance.
 -> Hex AC line flux per shot increase to 15, AOE reduced. Light Hex AC range increase to 250, Hex Autocannon  range increase to 350
 -> Flamebolt Cannon range increase to 400. DPH reduce to 500. Flux per shot increase to 750. CD increase to 2.5.(And will shot fire balls)
 -> Scatter PD DPH reduce to 100
 -> Boomerang SRM missile speed increase to 500
 -> Mobius Ray flux per shot increase to 90.
 -> Chupacabra Fusor flux per second reduce to 300
 -> Hypermass Driver shot a 4x1000 brust instead of one 6000 shot. Cost 4x1500 per shot. After shoot overload time reduce to 5 seconds.

- Ship systems
 -> Phase Warp will no longer cost flux after actived. (still cost flux to use.)
 -> Armor Repair Mataix will cost more flux to repair armor. (As well as Nova Reactor).
[close]
And a free bug hunter

Qriminal

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Deathfly would it be possible to give this faction it's own thread in the master topic for mods? I honestly always forget to check this thread.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Deathfly would it be possible to give this faction it's own thread in the master topic for mods? I honestly always forget to check this thread.

Maybe when she is more ready for that then.
And a free bug hunter

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile

Hello, what have I've stumbled upon here? Is it ok if I join in the fun in testing the mod out?

Someone mentioned in a video comment and I came looking around. All the ships look sleek and fun! What conditions would you like testing?
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

LB

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Deathfly, you planning on fixing up that EMP death throes functionality and adding it in? Seemed entertaining.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Deathfly, you planning on fixing up that EMP death throes functionality and adding it in? Seemed entertaining.

Saw that and that's on the todo list already.
And a free bug hunter

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile

Right, so I have noticed unusual behavior in the Kelpie-Class Cruiser.

Whenever the Kelpie-Class Cruiser manages to successfully pul an opponent to it, it doesn't use it's main weapon system; the Fusion Blade array on each prong of the ship.

Instead, it just keeps tugging the enemy to it with the Tractor Beam and seems to think the armor will hold up each and everytime the enemy contacts the ship.

As I, myself do not know how to modify behaviors and weapons (range and the sort, files don't pop up in Ship and Weapon editor either, strangely), I cannot adjust and fix behaviors or weapons.

The Fusion Blade has -40 range, and is possibly the reason as to why the Kelpie never uses them.

Mind you, the rest of the faction, despite being strangely low maintenance, are pretty useful, aside from not spawning in Nexerelin (haven't tetsted out Corvus mode, don't plan to anytime soon)

Oh, and even with the offset of "stay in phase as long as you like", the armor on Idoneus ships is fragile enough to overlook ships that can do that. Not stuff like the Soulblade or Spectre.

So, if anyone wants to show me some advice on how to adjust a faction, i'd happily help with adjustments, albeit, minor ones (I can't C++ for car jack.)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Sounds to me like the issue you're having with the Kelpie might be due to the weapon group configuration. If I remember correctly, all the fission blades have to be in the same weapon group as the tractor beam for the AI to use them (one of the many sloppy AI hacks in ICE). If that doesn't fix it, make sure you're using a version of Starsector that the version of ICE you're using is made for. Hope that helps  :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]