Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Now YOU can be the proud new owner of an ICE for the low, low price of $0.0!!!!!  (Read 21842 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

Exiles shouldn't even have food shortages any more. How did you download the fixed version (as in what steps were taken)? (Or was the game started on base v0.3.2?)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Hmm. I suppose its entirely possibly I used the wrong version, but I don't know what I did wrong exactly. I downloaded your fork and renamed it to ensure it was the right one. Let me check and I'll leave this here in the mean time.

[EDIT] Okay exact process. Open up Histidine/Ice on bitbucket. Click clone, then clone in source tree. Default name is "ice", change to "ice FIXED." Put into Mods and activate. But, in any case I'm fairly certain I never used the broken one, as I renamed yours as soon as I downloaded it. My working copy is revision 111. I'd be perfectly willing to load my save without ICE to clean it, then add it back it and make sure its a right one, but it seems to take a solid few hours to have problems and I won't have as much time on the weekdays.

Going to go ahead and expedite this in case it is me that messed up, and just start a totally fresh game with your version of ICE, installed as above. I'll note, it does say ICE 0.3.2 the mod list, not sure if you changed that or not. I'm also still getting that in game error string when I start a new file. I'm not sure if it has to do with version checker or ICE.

Code
1195687 [Thread-5] ERROR org.lazywizard.console.Console  - Failed to load command ExileMarket (class: data.console.commands.ExileMarket) from C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\0.65.2a_RC2 Starsector\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ICEFIXED/data/console/commands.csv
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: data.console.commands.ExileMarket
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:179)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at org.lazywizard.console.CommandStore.reloadCommands(CommandStore.java:67)
   at org.lazywizard.console.commands.Reload.reloadConsole(Reload.java:14)
   at org.lazywizard.console.commands.Reload.runCommand(Reload.java:24)
   at org.lazywizard.console.Console.runCommand(Console.java:252)
   at org.lazywizard.console.Console.parseInput(Console.java:315)
   at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleCampaignListener$CampaignPopup$KeyListener.processInput(ConsoleCampaignListener.java:347)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.F.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00O.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0o0.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0o0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.do.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.D.O00O.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0o0.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0o0.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Alright, that took much, much less time this go around. Unless I'm using the wrong file, the crash is definitely still happening. I still could have totally lost it and be using the wrong file somehow, I'm not super familiar with bitbucket. Anyway, here's the crash again. If this is all totally my fault, I'll clean all the garbage out of this post later to shrink it down, but I want to make sure its not me doing something wrong, and I have nothing better to do right now than test this anyway.

Code
3315337 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [The Exiled Idoneus Colony Fleet] Expired
3315840 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.D  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.RecentUnrestEvent.increaseStabilityPenalty(RecentUnrestEvent.java:76)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.BaseEventPlugin.increaseRecentUnrest(BaseEventPlugin.java:269)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.endEvent(FoodShortageEvent.java:610)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent.advance(FoodShortageEvent.java:374)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ooOO.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.new.Òôo000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.oOOO.oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.D.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:48:25 PM by HeartofDiscord »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

I'll have time to do more detailed checks after work, but for now my best guess is SS is loading the old ICE version, judging from:
Default name is "ice", change to "ice FIXED." Put into Mods and activate. But, in any case I'm fairly certain I never used the broken one, as I renamed yours as soon as I downloaded it.

Delete or move the old (non-fixed) ICE folder. (The two copies still have the same mod ID and version number, so I'd expect conflicts like this)

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Interesting, all right. I cleaned out every copy of ICE I had, anywhere, and tried a different download manor, and I did NOT get the error upon creating a game. I'm still testing it now and nothing has happened yet.

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

How do I download the fixed version

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile

How do I download the fixed version

Go here https://bitbucket.org/Histidine/ice, (I dont know how to make the url text) on the left hit downloads, then in the middle click the branches tab, then next to HistidineFixes, click zip to the far right. Make sure its NOT the default branch, you wont be able to tell after you download it.

doodlydee

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thank you

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

@Histidine: Do you want me to publish your fixes on the ICE thread?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile

@Histidine: Do you want me to publish your fixes on the ICE thread?
Go ahead (may as well since it's already been merged into your repo)

EDIT: A couple more things should be fixed first, though. PR in a bit.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:45:09 AM by Histidine »

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile

Sorry for the necro.

Come to here to notify that, currently I am working on a new ICE long-term support version for 0.7.2a-RC3 base on ICE 0.3.3

That means no new features. Just compatible maintain and bug fix. (And maybe some balance charges if it imba badly.)

And the progress is so far so good. Now I have a working DEV and most old features seems works fine, at least in sort-term debug runs.

Maybe after some more adjustment. I will realse the ICE 0.3.3-LTS1 out for a beta test.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

:-[ Necroing a post for such a reason! ....... >.> Oh you are so bad..

Ahem. Thank you for trying to update it to the latest version. I do miss Soulbane and in general it's futuristic looking ships. Shall wait with anticipation for a beta release o/  ;D
Ignorance is bliss..

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Cool. Thanks Deathfly  :)

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile

Since I don't have much time to do some long test run and I..er..guess it should not have some save crashing or game crashing issues so I am going to make a beta release for bug collecting.

https://bitbucket.org/Deathfly/ice/downloads/ICE%200.3.3%20LTS-1a.zip

Changes
  • Fix scripts to fit the API change.
  • Rework the ICE refugee fleet interactive. Use customize rule instead of modified dialogue script so it can work around the 3-way battle and transponder.
  • Refugee fleet now fly in "AI cheating mode" so it will never run out of fuel or supplies.
  • Phase clock scripts fix.
  • Burn speed adjust to 0.7.2a level.
  • Re-balance ships' fuel usage.

Known Issue and some TBD things need feed back
    • ICE ships now are OP. OK, maybe just too hard to kill.
    • ICE refugee fleet act a little too aggressivity(Transponder off plus raid almost everything on path). And sometime die a little too fast.
    • Garrison fly some transponder on patrols.(I am not should about what transponder state should the ICE and ICI have ATM)
    • Phase clock don't alter time flow.(Don't think they need that but this is TBD)

Edit: To who downloaded this mod in  March 18, if anything wired is happening to the phase systems, please re-download this mod again.
[/list]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:18:50 AM by Deathfly »
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

ICE tends to explode when Version Checker is activated.

Code
36410 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sun_ice.version] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ICE,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [sun_ice.version] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ICE,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.Object(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ö00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.Ø00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.loadJSON(Unknown Source)
at org.lazywizard.versionchecker.VCModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(VCModPlugin.java:44)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)

Otherwise, feels good to see those ships again.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It is trying to find sun_ice.version, which is why the game crashes. You can always download ICE for 0.65.2a, and copy the sun_ice.version file to the one Deathfly made  ;D
Ignorance is bliss..
Pages: 1 [2] 3