Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: Expanded Battles  (Read 107422 times)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded Battles
« Reply #225 on: October 24, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »

Nah, it was there from the beginning. Maybe your vid froze or something. I don't  think you even can change YT videos without re-uploading them.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:51:47 PM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 24, 2015, 05:59:15 PM »

Yep, 6-way battles.  Also, multiplayer is confirmed!  In fact, Starsector's campaign will be transitioning to MMO-style!

Oh boy, I can already feel the spiders and fetch quests.

what the heck are you talking about..if I want a space mmo I just play Eve Online

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 26, 2015, 12:30:40 AM »

Yep, 6-way battles.  Also, multiplayer is confirmed!  In fact, Starsector's campaign will be transitioning to MMO-style!

Oh boy, I can already feel the spiders and fetch quests.

what the heck are you talking about..if I want a space mmo I just play Eve Online

I think they are joking  ;)

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 31, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »

So, what's the word, on the new update? Things have reeeaaaalllyyyy died down.

orost

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 31, 2015, 04:34:07 AM »

Are you kidding? The hype train keeps gaining speed like it has never before.

There is no official ETA, but it's any day now. (but it also could be a few more weeks.)

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 31, 2015, 02:24:45 PM »

ANY DAY?!?!?! OMG I'M GONNA DIE!

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 31, 2015, 04:37:05 PM »

I would call that unfounded speculation. As always, the answer is SoonTM and there are no actual dates or deadlines until it's released. I also would suggest this means it's about the point where this topic is locked ;)

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 02, 2015, 12:12:00 PM »

In regards to expanded battles, how many factions can join up against one target? Could the Player, a Hegemony fleet, and a Luddic Church fleet all gang up on a Tri-Tachyon fleet?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 02, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »

Sure, but they'd both have to be hostile to Tri-Tachyon, or friendly with each other, and neither is true at the moment.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #234 on: November 02, 2015, 07:31:43 PM »

Sooo... Hegemony got better relationship with Tri-Tachyon, right?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 02, 2015, 08:14:31 PM »

I can see how what I said might be a bit confusing; what I meant is neither of "both hostile to Tri-Tachyon" and "friendly with each other" is true.

So, no, no thawing of relations, although one might consider the current hostilities more of a flare-up of a cold-war style conflict than a permanent state of affairs.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2015, 02:53:26 AM »

although one might consider the current hostilities more of a flare-up of a cold-war style conflict than a permanent state of affairs.

Mh, I wonder what could have caused that. I hope something story relevant for the play to discover ;D
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2015, 03:07:13 AM »

although one might consider the current hostilities more of a flare-up of a cold-war style conflict than a permanent state of affairs.

Mh, I wonder what could have caused that. I hope something story relevant for the play to discover ;D
Tri-Tachyon chairman lost ?500,000 to the High Hegemon Administrator in a poker game and refused to pay up.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 03, 2015, 06:33:36 AM »

Tri-Tachyon chairman lost ?500,000 to the High Hegemon Administrator in a poker game and refused to pay up.

I bet it was probably more like 50. ;)

Reapy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 03, 2015, 08:22:56 AM »

Way late to the party here and didn't have time to read through everything, but just wanted to comment on the officer portraits. I thought it might be nice to have a rank insignia corresponding to their level and/or faction importance followed by the officer's name in place of the portraits.  They seem a bit too large, even taking them into stock for that being a busy screen.

Even with a revamp, I think it could get pretty burdensome to have enough character portrait variety to convey personality, and then if the portrait is distinct enough, say on a faction leader, then it would end up as a picture the player would probably never take as the faction leader would own that face.  Maybe if there were a modular system of face portraits.

I think just putting the name in there with a rank or icon, growing in size and detail to represent how badass he is, would go a long way. You will ways remember "Gen P. Burnman"'s onslaught overdriving into and demolishing your flagship, rather than face 17 of 50 from the list.

Either way, the more campaign stuff brought into the combat the better, and seeing the people you interact with at fleet level directly in game really, really goes a long way in connecting the two phases of the game together.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17