Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modded fleets and fleet name readability.  (Read 1605 times)

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
Modded fleets and fleet name readability.
« on: September 26, 2015, 06:54:09 AM »

In some mods, fleets and fleet names can become exceedingly difficult to spot and read depending on the colour. Are there any plans on adding a brighter background or something on the nametag to fix this, instead of changing each mod individually?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: Modded fleets and fleet name readability.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 08:14:03 AM »

I'm pretty sure Scy is one of the culprits. I did that to make them harder to spot on the campaign map since lore-wise they are supposed to be somewhat stealthy. When 0.7 hit with it's sensor mechanic that won't be necessary anymore and I intend to use a brighter faction color.

Jonlissla

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »

I'm pretty sure Scy is one of the culprits.

Among others, yes, but having a brighter background somehow means that modders and developers can pick whatever colour they want without thinking of things like readability.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 12:07:49 PM »

I'm not sure I'd like a brighter background, it's space after all. One thing that could help a lot in adding diversity and readability would be using a combination of two colors like Civilization does (outline and filler, they can be the same or not). That would be especially useful since with all the modded factions we already covers pretty much all available tints.