Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What do you desire most?

More ships
- 285 (55.4%)
More weapons
- 101 (19.6%)
Something else?
- 128 (24.9%)

Total Members Voted: 514

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19  (Read 453130 times)

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19
« Reply #435 on: February 09, 2020, 06:33:21 PM »

Anyways I hope this clears stuff up for you.

Your mastery of the forums' tools is quite a spectacle, I'm glad to have received such a informative response, I guess I did goof and reprehensively ignore the Lore, I didn't think you would go that extra mile by adding such a simple and well crafted code of realism and immersion, please excuse my confusion, I would like to claim that was a newbie mistake but I've been around, dish any punishment you find worthy   :-X

I'll.. go read some of the past comments, I've been really curious if you would be considering adding some of the ships added by other mods as well, but I guess this must'v been asked at some point.. or ships like the KITE and a few others

I have yet to find out, but does the Tiandong also provide their mercenary services to the Players? like... scout services for their ships and systems?  I have yet to delve deeper in your masterpiece mod, I've only recently found the Quest giver, though I haven't been getting more quests after the first investigation, maybe if I increase relationship? that seems like a good deal overall considering they're very necessary for retrofits and like you've shown, full relations and salvaged hulls for a brand new ship is not a bad deal, I guess my problem was that I wasn't finding too many "compatible" hulls around.. Hmm, maybe I should disable some extra hull mods...

Thanks again for your attention and patience.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2020, 07:33:11 PM »

Heh, no worries Rogue.

I'll.. go read some of the past comments, I've been really curious if you would be considering adding some of the ships added by other mods as well, but I guess this must'v been asked at some point.. or ships like the KITE and a few others
I actually don't recall anyone ever asking me if I would do retrofits of other mod ships. But I will answer that, yes. Just not yet, but it is something I want to do within reason. If it makes sense lore wise, and if that other mod author wants to collaborate. As far as a Kite retrofit hehe... Also yes, but it won't be in a way anyone would predict.

I have yet to find out, but does the Tiandong also provide their mercenary services to the Players? like... scout services for their ships and systems?
No, well at least not yet. It *is* something I want to do but it is 10x more complex doing stuff like that for the player than it is for NPCs (and it wasn't easy for them either). Doing it right requires a lot of careful consideration and rules to prevent it from being exploitable and or making the game too easy.

I've only recently found the Quest giver, though I haven't been getting more quests after the first investigation, maybe if I increase relationship?
Right now there is only the one quest. More stages will be added later, and when that happens I will change the wording in the original post to "Quest chain" from "One quest".

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 10, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »

Don'tchu know? Pyramids tend to cause eye cancer and other mood benign diseases, so I'll cut it here.
just joking btw

I'm very interested to see how Tiandong would retrofit D and R's Lysander, and a few other low a mid tech hulls, Dong hulls look really well done, pristine, but not sterilized dull, it has a heavy industrial look to it, which considering the faction has "heavy" in it, makes sense, doesn't it? still waiting on that Shepard retrofit too

I don't think it would be that exploitive to have Tiandong Mercs follow PC faction trade fleets and patrol sectors, but I wonder if they will protect their current contract, like, they have high relation with Diktat and Hegemony, but the Diktat raids a system where Tiandong is protecting, will Tiandong allow the Diktat raid to proceed?

I wonder if we'll see some Exigency inspired hull mods and ships here and there if the Dong ever treds High Tek industry.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2020, 07:48:45 PM »

I'm very interested to see how Tiandong would retrofit D and R's Lysander, and a few other low a mid tech hulls, Dong hulls look really well done, pristine, but not sterilized dull, it has a heavy industrial look to it, which considering the faction has "heavy" in it, makes sense, doesn't it? still waiting on that Shepard retrofit too
The Lysander I don't feel really fits THI's doctrine, so wishful thinking there (that is assuming Axle would even be om with it to begin with). And the Shepherd I don't think will ever get a retrofit model because as it is? It already does exactly what they need it to and they use it quite a bit especially in some of their custom fleets.

I don't think it would be that exploitive to have Tiandong Mercs follow PC faction trade fleets and patrol sectors, but I wonder if they will protect their current contract, like, they have high relation with Diktat and Hegemony, but the Diktat raids a system where Tiandong is protecting, will Tiandong allow the Diktat raid to proceed?
Colonies are OP enough already, I think any sort of boost to their defenses past the initial setup would unbalance the game more than it already is. And even allowing such things early on still would although to a lesser extent. And as far as specific rules and stuff like you said, that is just one of *many* complex problems to solve if and when (and I would like to!) player hire mercs are done.

I wonder if we'll see some Exigency inspired hull mods and ships here and there if the Dong ever treds High Tek industry.
... What?

Avanitia

• Commander
  • Local Egg Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make any sort of sense, especially when you consider how different both factions are.
You haven't played Starsector unless your storage has one thousand Vulcans in it.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2020, 08:19:45 PM »

Oh look, I'm was a textwall, nice to meet you!

Ah, I took the Lysander as a example, since THI usually go for Low and Mid tech eras, and because, it's one my favs!  ;D
You could retrofit the Shepard to fill a miner role, especially if used in NEX, I mean, if you say they already use that hull, why not fuse it to fit better in their doctrine with their own custom brand of Shepards, I'm SURE the Tiandong would find creative ways around such simple hull. Asking these because these early hulls are so plentiful.

I have been using a mod that changes colonies a bit,  so I haven't been making that vanilla DO$H you usually earn from colonies, but then again colonies for me tend to be mid, or late game, early if I'm roleplaying, so I see your argument concerning boosting defenses you can just pay to have all your troubles go away, specially late game, but to fix that, to hire merc patrols it could have some hefty upkeep prices, depending on quantity, quality and other variables

About the Exigency that you and people don't seen to get, is because of your old mod and how talented it was, I kinda liked the aesthetic of both factions and they had very unique ways to handle combat, specially the Exigency Corp, that repulsor ship system looked very cool, maybe my wording was not precisely on point, I was making a remark if you ever decided to make some High Tech Hulls/retrofits for the Tiandong, to take some features from your old Exigency mod as an inspiration, like that Repulsor ship system for some of hulls, if you ever wanted to do it, of course! come to think of it... the lack of information there was really strange, excuse me on that, hopefully I've managed to convey what I meant.

Do we have a way to configure retrofits ourselves and select which ships are viable for retrofitting? Tyrador has a repainted Venture, but I believe that's a faction retrofit, imagine the moral dilemma to retrofit... a retrofit.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:21:39 PM by RoquetheRogue »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 10, 2020, 08:49:35 PM »

You could retrofit the Shepard to fill a miner role, especially if used in NEX, I mean, if you say they already use that hull, why not fuse it to fit better in their doctrine with their own custom brand of Shepards, I'm SURE the Tiandong would find creative ways around such simple hull. Asking these because these early hulls are so plentiful.
The Shepard already is a powerful mining frigate, more than enough so for its size classification. And due to its size and reasonable power limits for a frigate there is a limited design space to tweak it and it already does very strongly the role that THI uses it for. So no, a Shepard retrofit doesn't make sense.

Blah blah Exi style stuff added to THI.
No.

Do we have a way to configure retrofits ourselves and select which ships are viable for retrofitting? Tyrador has a repainted Venture, but I believe that's a faction retrofit, imagine the moral dilemma to retrofit... a retrofit.
No, the retrofit list is hardcoded due to various reasons. They used to be able to retrofit the Tyrador Venture. But Machine told me he was going to be removing that ship so I removed it from my data tables.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 10, 2020, 09:18:09 PM »

Text wall was riding high,  it got brought down to size

Does the THI have it's own type of NEX dedicated mining hull though? I was looking for a combat capable Shepard with two more weapon slots, that could also have a mining adaptation, but the built-in borer drones are quite powerful indeed

Exigency wrap-up, not actually added, as in, shoved in there, more like: Adapted, as to make some sense for it being there, but since you already said No. I'll not elaborate then  :-X

Well, that must have been recent because I can still find that Tyrador Venture hulls in shops when using the mod and I'm not using any old versions..
that Liberty-class Mod-Cruiser, it looks great, any chance you'd create new ships with that kind of colorful aesthetic to other ships in the future?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 10, 2020, 09:25:03 PM »

Does the THI have it's own type of NEX dedicated mining hull though? I was looking for a combat capable Shepard with two more weapon slots, that could also have a mining adaptation, but the built-in borer drones are quite powerful indeed

The Qianzi is the ship you're looking for. THI-modified Sunder, with a built-in, amped-up mining blaster.

l, that must have been recent because I can still find that Tyrador Venture hulls in shops when using the mod and I'm not using any old versions..

"Being removed" does not mean "has been removed". Good modders plan ahead. ;)

that Liberty-class Mod-Cruiser, it looks great, any chance you'd create new ships with that kind of colorful aesthetic to other ships in the future?

I'd be very surprised: It's designed to be a unique ship. Having more like it would kind of undermine that, you know?

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 10, 2020, 09:42:08 PM »

That text wall suffered a terrible hull breach, and I must announce it has been destroyed
Hello AxleMC131! thanks for the reply

I'll keep an eye open for that Qianzi hull now, thanks!  :D

On the Venture, yeah that makes sense, I was worried for a bit I had something break while playing.

What I mean by kind of color and aesthetic in the future, is not exactly a copy of the liberty, red, blue ship,  patriotic.  But more painted, colored ships, don't see that many painted ship hulls, I find them quite impressive, and yeah... having more patriotic ships would indeed undermine the unique nature of the Bounty, sorry if that was implied, wasn't what I was thinking though.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 10, 2020, 10:03:53 PM »

What I mean by kind of color and aesthetic in the future, is not exactly a copy of the liberty, red, blue ship,  patriotic.  But more painted, colored ships, don't see that many painted ship hulls, I find them quite impressive, and yeah... having more patriotic ships would indeed undermine the unique nature of the Bounty, sorry if that was implied, wasn't what I was thinking though.

Ah, I see what you mean. Those are less common in mods, but the Liberty is one of a collection of "boss" ships you can fight and capture as part of the International Bounty Board, a feature added by the Ship/Weapon Pack mod. The Liberty isn't actually implemented without SWP, and there are other faction mods that add their own IBB "mod-ships" in the same sort of style. Take a look if you haven't already.

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 14, 2020, 11:14:51 PM »

As the next update of THI moves inexorably closer day by day, I feel now might be a good time to show some of the reworked art once again.

The two worst sprites of the mod, have been transformed into some of the best ones!

The Wuzhang, once a brick of almost solid greeble, Escher-like impossible shapes, and a static Macro Cannon (well except for the shellcasing ejection sequence). Now is much more sleek and readable, and will have a fully animated recoiling gun as it always should have had!

The Qianzi (Sunder retrofit), once a flat pancake of pear-shaped greeble clustefuckery. Is now a murderous and lithe hullform actually respecting its relation to the Sunder.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 14, 2020, 11:42:45 PM »

Dong Soon?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

pairedeciseaux

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2020, 12:35:29 AM »

Oh yeah, the new sprites are so much better. Cleaner while retaining their soul/identity. Nice work!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2020, 10:30:12 PM »

Lookin' fab.  :D
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40