Fractal Softworks Forum
January 18, 2017, 04:03:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Posted in-dev 0.8a patch notes (12/3/16); New blog post: Skill Overhaul (12/17/16)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: What do you desire most?
More ships - 60 (61.9%)
More weapons - 28 (28.9%)
Something else? - 9 (9.3%)
Total Voters: 97

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.1.2 - Updated 1/10/17  (Read 63704 times)
Dark.Revenant
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:13 PM »

Alex_Kill
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2016, 11:26:57 PM »

sorry, bad english, i meant that i can't run SS + citadel on 0.7.2 so i decided to play on 0.7.1 also now it seems that some mods are unable to download for previous versions as for this one, so if you have=) i would greatly appreciate it, sorry for inconvenience, by the way, I don't like Rum.
MesoTroniK
Admiral

I am going to destroy your ships

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 10, 2017, 09:11:05 PM »

Evening folks, here is a minor maintenance type update of THI so go ahead and grab the new version from original post.

This update should be save compatible and includes updated faction relationships, added THI retrofitting support for new factions that have come out, balance / polish changes, bugfixes and a new weapon making THI ready for the tournament. Keep in mind if you use DynaSector that you must update it for the new weapon to appear in the campaign and in the end I advise using the Recommended Mods list as shown in the original post.

Ultra Autocannon
Large Ballistic
A long-range shield suppressing autocannon, useful for supplementing burst fire weaponry.

--

Anyways, feel free to leave feedback, complaints and suggestions!

Changelog

- Fixed Tiandong not posting bounties in random map Nexerelin games.
- Updated faction relationships.
- Metelson Industries (faction mod) ships can now be converted at the Retrofitting submarket (Acutor -> Xiakou, Custos -> Hanzhong, Vigil -> Wujun).
- Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority (faction mod) ships can now be converted at the Retrofitting submarket (Tarsus (GM), Tarsus (GMs) -> Tuolu, Lasher (GM), Lasher (GMs Blue), Lasher (GMs Gold), Lasher (GMs Green), Lasher (GMs Red), Lasher (GMs) -> Laohu, Gladius (GM) -> Jian).
- Raccoon's Arms Pack (ship pack mod) ships can now be converted at the Retrofitting submarket (Gemini (G) -> Tianshui, Sunder (R) -> Qianzi, Hammerhead (R) -> Hujing).
- Added a couple of new variants, adjusted some old ones.
- Added Ultra Autocannon weapon.
- Macro Cannon on hit secondary AOE frag damage / push force outer radius decreased to 75 from 200, inner radius decreased to 50 from 100, and slightly improved its explosion visuals.
- Rotary Autocannon now fires one shot at a time instead of a three round burst (same overall rate of fire), improved firing sound, and improved its animation script.
- Burst Flak Cannon and Bulwark Flares AOE frag damage / push force outer radius decreased to 75 from 150, fuze range randomization removed, now interacts properly with exotic scripted defenses such as Exi Repulsors / Teleporters and BRDY Scalar Rejector / Scalar Repulsor, can no longer deal double damage in some edge case scenarios (for real this time), no longer triggers the AOE explosion on direct hits to neutral / friendly targets, improved visuals for direct hits, and various script improvements.
- Muscle LRM max burn delay increased to 0.35 from 0.25 seconds (reduces clumping a bit), will now MIRV on flares if successfully distracted by one, and will properly interact with exotic scripted missile defense systems.
- Concussion Missile on hit secondary AOE frag damage / push force outer radius decreased to 150 from 300.
- Very subtle improvements to some sprites (I bet no one but me will ever notice them).
- Probably some things I don't recall.

Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #243 on: January 11, 2017, 11:18:39 AM »

*tries two of these on a Hanzhong*
SpacePoliticianAndaZealot
Commander

The Show Stopper

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 12, 2017, 04:58:09 AM »

*sees the Ultra AC gif*

*dong expansion: succesful*

I'm curious: how much room for "improvement" is there ie. how many of the vanilla weapon designs can you amp up?
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is not a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #245 on: January 12, 2017, 07:20:56 AM »

Many, actually... But that's another story for later  Wink

Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #246 on: January 12, 2017, 10:01:41 AM »

how many of the vanilla weapon designs can you amp up?
i remember when i first started using mods, there were lots of weapons like "this is just the dual-rack version of Reapers, this is just the medium version of Ion Cannon, this is just the medium version of Antimatter Blaster", and several mod weapons that had three different versions of them for each of the 3 main damage types, without any other distinguishing characteristics. :D

at some point most of these were scrapped, because as it turns out, having every type of weapon for every type of mount is problematic both for balancing reasons and because it makes all the individual weapons and mounts a lot less interesting and unique. the great weapon and ship variety, and the large number of different stats that play together to differentiate them, is one of the things that makes Starsector stand out from so many other sci-fi games.

not saying the Ultra Autocannon falls into this trap, it's actually quite different from the small and medium Autocannons, but that comment just reminded me of those old mods. :]
MesoTroniK
Admiral

I am going to destroy your ships

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 12, 2017, 02:24:09 PM »

It is becoming rather hard to think of more weapons for THI, and that is not a bad thing. For in the end it is a faction mod of limited scope meant to act as an extension of vanilla in a way. Anyways, I do have some large missile weapons planned, once they get ships that can equip them.

Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #248 on: January 12, 2017, 03:07:12 PM »

honestly, the amount of ships and weapons in mods that are all unique in some way, even without special gimmicks, is kinda crazy. Alex seems reluctant to add more of them because he feels there isn't much room left for stuff that doesn't already exist, but i think mods show how much is possible without diluting what is already there.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17]
  Print  

Jump to: