Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What do you desire most?

More ships
- 285 (55.4%)
More weapons
- 101 (19.6%)
Something else?
- 128 (24.9%)

Total Members Voted: 514

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19  (Read 453124 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.1 - Updated 5/15/16
« Reply #210 on: July 08, 2016, 08:46:18 PM »

When is such an absurd question to ask.

Soon, or soon™. THI is thoroughly complete as a faction mod but I most assuredly have a few more things in the plans, some ships, a weapon, and some fancy campaign feature that is probably obvious if you think about it.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 08, 2016, 08:48:13 PM »

Soooo expect it around .95b, OK
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2016, 04:03:36 PM »

When attempting to trade at a Tiandong station, the game locks up for a minute, consumes 100% of all my CPU's, and then finally crashes with this error:

Code
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.oOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.new.interface.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.D.interface.if$super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.D.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.float.setSize(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.MarketInfoPanel.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.newsuper.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.P.setSize(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.publicsuper.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO$5.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.setCurrentTab(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showCore(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab.execute(OpenCoreTab.java:39)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.ooOO.runScript(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:97)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBest(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00o.o00000(Unknown Source)

I wonder if you can reproduce it? Here's the save before arriving at the outpost: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6581181/starsectorBugs/save_manyfish_6977475432648069720.7z

here is the collection of mods used in this save: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6581181/starsectorBugs/modsUsedOnCrash.7z

oh, and here's my launch settings.
java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=./native/linux -classpath janino.jar:commons-compiler.jar:commons-compiler-jdk.jar:starfarer.api.jar:starfarer_obf.jar:jogg-0.0.7.jar:jorbis-0.0.15.jar:json.jar:lwjgl.jar:jinput.jar:log4j-1.2.9.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:fs.sound_obf.jar:fs.common_obf.jar:xstream-1.4.2.jar -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=./saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=./screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=./mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2016, 05:05:43 PM »

Only cause i see the overhead limit exceeded. It would not happen your PC memory is 4GB? As someone that does not know much of Java, I think the error says that your RAM hit the ceiling. Also why you post the mods in a zip with the actual mods, You could just make a list. Much easier for people to help you, than them downloading 138 MB just to see them   ::) ;D :P

For people that might be more helpful than I am, these are the mods he uses;

GraphicsLib   
LazyLib
Console Commands
Save Transfer
Starsector Plus
Blackrock Drive Yards
Diable Avionics   
The Mayorate
Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority
Tiandong Heavy Industries

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 05:14:05 PM by Weltall »
Ignorance is bliss..

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »

Your vmparams settings are extremely atypical... And this issue appears unique to you.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2016, 05:42:42 PM »

Your vmparams settings are extremely atypical...
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5310.msg111235#msg111235

Could you be more specific? Because as far as I'm aware, I've merely quadrupled the recommended settings.

And this issue appears unique to you.

so you were able to access the market with the list of mods and that save? Have any suggested courses of action I might take?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2016, 05:58:28 PM »

You should not be running out of memory with how much you have allocated combined with that mod list.

This is wonderful... Tried your save and mod list and it does indeed crash just the same for me as it does for you, and I allocate four to eight gigs of ram on my end.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 07:55:30 PM by MesoTroniK »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2016, 08:50:39 PM »

When attempting to trade at a Tiandong station, the game locks up for a minute, consumes 100% of all my CPU's, and then finally crashes with this error:

Code
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.s.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.oOOO.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.new.interface.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.D.interface.if$super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.D.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.k.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.MarketInfoPanel.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.newsuper.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.publicsuper.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO$5.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showCoreInternal(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.showCore(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.OpenCoreTab.execute(OpenCoreTab.java:39)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.A.execute(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.rules.ooOO.runScript(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.applyRule(FireBest.java:97)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.execute(FireBest.java:47)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.rulecmd.FireBest.fire(FireBest.java:53)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.fireBest(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:176)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.optionSelected(RuleBasedInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:208)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.OoOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO$1.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.super.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00o.o00000(Unknown Source)

I wonder if you can reproduce it? Here's the save before arriving at the outpost: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6581181/starsectorBugs/save_manyfish_6977475432648069720.7z

here is the collection of mods used in this save: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6581181/starsectorBugs/modsUsedOnCrash.7z

oh, and here's my launch settings.
java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -server -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=./native/linux -classpath janino.jar:commons-compiler.jar:commons-compiler-jdk.jar:starfarer.api.jar:starfarer_obf.jar:jogg-0.0.7.jar:jorbis-0.0.15.jar:json.jar:lwjgl.jar:jinput.jar:log4j-1.2.9.jar:lwjgl_util.jar:fs.sound_obf.jar:fs.common_obf.jar:xstream-1.4.2.jar -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=./saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=./screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=./mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=. com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher
Well good news about this borked save: You can save transfer and it doesn't seem to crash on that station (which oddly enough was only  that station as far as I tested...) If this happens on the new transfered save, let us know here again
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2016, 09:23:00 PM »

Thank you for testing that Midnight Kitsune, yea I would advise doing a Save Transfer Ghoti. While what went wrong here is not known, you should not have run out of memory with that mod list and allocated ram... But on the other hand, this as far as I know has never happened to any other save.

So I am crossing my fingers it was just a fluke, as trying to debug whatever happened is essentially impossible.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2016, 10:04:40 PM »

Yah. I made a new character and when down to the station and it didn't happen again.

Just transferred my character to that world and it still works, which is cool. I think maybe something about my campaign's current state was causing the issue? I'll let you know if I run into this issue again with a younger save.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 23, 2016, 01:07:03 AM »

Stupid question but did you changed anything in the game's settings.json? Officers max levels? Prices? Missions? That kind of stuff?

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 23, 2016, 06:43:32 AM »

Nah. I haven't messed with settings.json

Though now that you mention it. I just changed this:

Code
	# how far off the average prices have to be to be highlighted red or green
"profitMarginFlat":200,
"profitMarginMult":1.732,

1.5 is not worth it >:\

edit: OH! I should mention, that the crash is happening at the same station.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 09:37:09 AM by Ghoti »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2016, 06:25:44 PM »

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11292.msg191715#msg191715

So uh... It is what it is? I apologize that there is nothing that can be done but least it should be fixed in the next version of SS. In the end, it seems this bug does not occur for most folks which is a great relief for me at least.

In other news, I will likely be dropping a small quality of life update for THI very soon that also is important to segue with the slightly less soon impending update of Exi.

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2016, 09:05:09 PM »

Fair enough. I thought you might be doing something strange with that station and that's why I brought it here, but turns out it might be a vanilla bug. (Would this be considered modism?)

Anyway. I appreciate the effort!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40