Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Poll

What do you desire most?

More ships
- 285 (55.4%)
More weapons
- 101 (19.6%)
Something else?
- 128 (24.9%)

Total Members Voted: 514

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19  (Read 453076 times)

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.0.1 - Updated 9/27/15
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2015, 03:51:22 AM »

Hehe, you have no idea
Code
    / \
   /   \
  / <O> \
 /_______\
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:54:32 AM by Tartiflette »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2015, 11:57:42 PM »

Wanted to ask you guys for some suggestions of any modular weapons you would like to see added to THI. To be more specific it has to fit one or more of these criteria.
It is a missing role or niche in vanilla.
It is a useful side grade of something in vanilla.
It does something slightly quirky and or is a worse and less expensive version of something in vanilla.

Those are the rules for the current weapons in the mod.

Next update besides adding more ships will also include a pod version of the Concussion Missile, and maybe some kind of odd long range missile but still mulling over ideas for how it could work.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2015, 04:56:38 AM »

I feel like there needs to be a fairly dangerous LRM support missile, possibly a modification of the Harpoon or Pilum.  Pretty much this - it's a missile that can handle both shields and armor, but not both very well.  It has a reduced HE payload, but has a high-velocity shotgun built in through the center of the missile.  This shotgun fires out a fairly accurate spread of kinetic penetrators, and will activate once somewhat close to the target.  I feel like THI needed this and mashed together a Pilum and a few Needler rounds to get the desired effect.  Not as powerful, but an all-rounder.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2015, 05:23:57 AM »

Is there any mod with a medium version of SS+'s Contender Cannon (by which I mean short-ranged powerful HE damage spike)? That might be something to do.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2015, 06:02:04 AM »

As far as I know there is no large kinetic missile in any of the mods I play. While a larger Sabot would be ridiculous, something like BRDY's Gonodactylus' built-in one-shot kinetic torpedo would be interesting. In sort of the same vein, a thump-missile that deals little damage but imparts lots of velocity could be entertaining.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2015, 06:39:26 AM »

I'd like to see a big-slot version of the proximity charge launcher that fires a bunch of them in a shot-gun like blast. The role of fleet level PD is really underrepresented in vanilla, there's only the Guardian.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2015, 08:31:29 AM »

As far as I know there is no large kinetic missile in any of the mods I play.
Because it can be exploited and is very hard to balance correctly (I will have one in Seeker, and it has a lot of limitations like extremely short range)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2015, 12:13:18 PM »

Is there any mod with a medium version of SS+'s Contender Cannon (by which I mean short-ranged powerful HE damage spike)? That might be something to do.
Blackrock has it's Gale and Squall cannons which are pretty much this. (One is long range and the other short but I can't remember which way round they are.)

A mod to the vanilla chaingun could be something to play with. Maybe give it an actually useful amount of hitting power but a shorter range and flaky accuracy?
A missile/rocket with a proximity fuse which on detonation spits out a cloud of tiny proximity charges.
Some variant of the large ballistics modified for flux efficiency over range/damage so the ships don't struggle quite so much. (A stripped down single barrel Mjolnir for ex.) Or upscaled versions of mediocre mediums like Arbalest and Chaingun.

DragoonKiller

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2015, 09:46:34 AM »

No Tri-Tachyon ships included?

By the way,What's the spelling of Tiandong in Chinese.....

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2015, 12:28:45 PM »

Or upscaled versions of mediocre mediums like Arbalest and Chaingun.
Off topic here, but the Assault Chaingun is considered mediocre?  What else do you suggest for a brawler-range explosive-damage ballistic weapon? (ex. for an Enforcer)

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »

Or upscaled versions of mediocre mediums like Arbalest and Chaingun.
Off topic here, but the Assault Chaingun is considered mediocre?  What else do you suggest for a brawler-range explosive-damage ballistic weapon? (ex. for an Enforcer)

I generally use heavy maulers if I use an HE medium slot. More commonly I have heavy needlers and either a large HE weapon or missiles. The assault chaingun is problematic because of its spread and tiny per hit damage; it's much better to let a weapon "cool" and fire a somewhat-accurate high-damage shot to the edge of the weapon's range than to fling lots of tiny ones all over space.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2015, 12:58:56 PM »

Off topic here, but the Assault Chaingun is considered mediocre?  What else do you suggest for a brawler-range explosive-damage ballistic weapon? (ex. for an Enforcer)

I generally use heavy maulers if I use an HE medium slot. More commonly I have heavy needlers and either a large HE weapon or missiles. The assault chaingun is problematic because of its spread and tiny per hit damage; it's much better to let a weapon "cool" and fire a somewhat-accurate high-damage shot to the edge of the weapon's range than to fling lots of tiny ones all over space.
^ this.
AC is at best an irritant because it just can't hit hard enough and consistently enough to be a threat to anything capable of movement.
In vanilla SS, if you want to mount a medium ballistic gun with HE damage which isn't a waste of time you have to mount a mauler.

Thinking on it, the Haephestus is really the large version of the AC so it's probably not worth the effort duplicating it unless someone can come up with a fun gimmick for it.
Keeping the not-AC to medium and giving it a short range and higher fire rate with quite a hard hit, but with a cooldown/reload period might be useful? Kind of like a future volley gun.

[edit]

Found something that might need looking at....
Docked at Macau in Magec and got this: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Tifi78/iamerror_zpsbtpke127.png
The superchill port music was playing, but no menu elements appeared and there was no response at all from the game and it had to be process killed from taskman.
Not seen this before.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:40:49 PM by Serenitis »

Adraius

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2015, 03:14:59 PM »

Huh, noted.  I tend to mount Sabots in any of my missile slots and focus on splitting my remaining slots between anti-shield and and anti-armor - generally any energy slots get the anti-armor role, but the Enforcer has a ton of ballistics so I was going with x2 medium kinetic (Heavy AC?) and x3 Assault Chainguns - they seemed to tear it up well.
Found something that might need looking at....
Docked at Macau in Magec and got this: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a224/Tifi78/iamerror_zpsbtpke127.png
The superchill port music was playing, but no menu elements appeared and there was no response at all from the game and it had to be process killed from taskman.
Not seen this before.
I actually saw this bug a few days ago as well - I'm 80% sure it wasn't at a Tiandong base, though.  It also reoccurred after I loaded the game and tried docking at the same base again.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2015, 03:40:07 PM »

[edit]
moved to bug reports
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 03:29:05 AM by Serenitis »

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2015, 04:18:53 PM »

Thinking on it, the Haephestus is really the large version of the AC so it's probably not worth the effort duplicating it unless someone can come up with a fun gimmick for it.
Keeping the not-AC to medium and giving it a short range and higher fire rate with quite a hard hit, but with a cooldown/reload period might be useful?

I like that. An alternative would be a very high fire rate when you start shooting that decreases over time due to overheating. A burst weapon.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 40