Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Personal Contacts (08/13/20)

Poll

What do you desire most?

More ships
- 165 (55.9%)
More weapons
- 70 (23.7%)
Something else?
- 60 (20.3%)

Total Members Voted: 295

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19  (Read 270450 times)

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a-RC8] Tiandong Heavy Industries v1.2.1a - Updated 11/1/19
« Reply #480 on: June 19, 2020, 11:46:03 PM »

And after some thinking, and also consultation of others? Refactored that script to get some redundant checks, two of them lol. If this fix which will go into the next update of THI doesn't correct the issue? It is a safe bet Hullmod Expansion was at fault, which would not surprise me at all...
Code
    public boolean isNebula(StatMod mod)
    {
        //Global.getLogger(this.getClass()).info("Mod: " + mod.source + ", " + mod.desc);

// If the mod desc says we're inside a currently known to me nebula type, this is a nebula
        if (mod.desc != null)
        {
            for (String nebDesc : NEBULA_DESCS)
            {
                if (nebDesc.equals(mod.desc))
                {
                    return true;
                }
            }
            // Do a brute force string search as well, because Overkill Never Fails™
            // and the Modiverse is vast and infinite into the future
            if (mod.desc.toLowerCase(Locale.ROOT).contains("nebula"))
            {
                return true;
            }
        }

// Fallback to guessing based on mod ID, for double the overkill redundancy
        // This also handles translated versions of SS and SS mods!
        return mod.source.startsWith("nebula_stat_mod_");
    }
Regardless, thank you for bringing this to my attention Daynen but if you could still try the thing I asked for in the prior post? That would be very appreciated :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 12:02:21 AM by MesoTroniK »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 06, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »

Heh, well nevermind the above. Ended up refactoring it again, but it really should be as bulletproof as possible come time for the next update.

As the next update of THI approaches ever closer to completion day by day, I feel it once again might be a good time to show some of the reworked art.

The Dingjun, once a crappy mass of nonsensical Z-axis shapes and greeble for days. Has been almost entirely redone even down to the basic silhouette of the ship. It also is being heavily rebalanced, it will cost more to run, and have less cargo storage but in return is becoming significantly more powerful in combat. Truly putting the arsenal into its "Arsenal Ship" designation, still a combat freighter but more combat and less freighty.

The Nanzhong, well didn't change that much visually in the grand scheme of things but was cleaned up substantially to really look like a mean little combat frigate and not a flying mass of greeble. Also that gratuitously large sensor array on it isn't just for show, yet... It visualizes a built-in range booster hullmod that will be added for the next update of SS to segue with (very different) buffs the Brawler will be getting.

connortron7

• Commander
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #482 on: August 06, 2020, 07:31:40 PM »

Ooooh very nice, looking forward to it!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]