Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Faction Music  (Read 46123 times)

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Faction Music
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2015, 04:50:38 AM »

What are you two talking about? When some of us are talking about the bass, we are talking about the first piece of music that is played in the blog video. It starts at 1:40 and is a very electronic sounding piece. It sounds nothing like the orignal starsector music. I sounds like you have confused the drums with the bass. Funnily enough, if the electronic sounding bassline was removed, it would sound similar to the original starsector music, but as it is currently the electronic sounding bassline is overwhelming.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2015, 02:57:43 PM »

Holy *** that sounds epic. I am so excited to play this update.

frag971

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2015, 07:13:57 PM »

I'm not a fan of the BASS track, it has a very explicid feel of 90's retro-futuristic-dystopian theme to it, not matching the faction. The original theme ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_UR0i_NiAU[ has a very smoooooth and interwoven feel to it while this sounds very blocky and structured. I feel it would be better to make it closer to that. But who am i to judge, right? :)

Hope to see the next release soon!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 07:17:47 PM by frag971 »
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

Auraknight

• Commander
  • I am a Knight of Aura.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2015, 01:12:12 PM »

Wheee~!
This sounds amazing! I love it!
Edit:
On second and further listen, the tune sounds slightly steampunkish, the hissing reminds me of a boiler. I like it!
((REALY looking forward to seeing what modders do with this))
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:17:10 PM by Auraknight »
~Aura be with you

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2015, 03:31:06 PM »

Every time i play an update i think: "wow, how could this game get any better?"

and every time a new blog post comes out i realize that this game is just going to get better :D

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2015, 03:21:37 PM »

For reasons that i can't really outright explain this track reminds me of a few things.. one is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3FSeX4VOiE

and one is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAIgYbqFkro

That said, i really like it, but not primarily because of it being grandiose, but more to the point that i feel the audio dares. This is a weird explanation to give, but i feel a lot of the older games 'dared' with their music and soundscape, with my primary example being Red Alert 2. Music that draws you out of your comfort zone and says "Here's something that's intense enough to make you care", versus just ambiental or tunes you outright can forget once you stop playing, their role purely functional from an audio standpoint, no message behind them.

Completely unrelated, but StianStark> Did you get to play Remember Me? I though the soundscape and use of music and cues in that game was absolutely fantastic, and it was one of the few triple A games in recent memory that gave that much care to it, i felt. Olivier Deriviere did great things, but more to the point, his work was used extremely well.

LE: Now that you got me talking, the quiet summer guitar of Life is Strange is beautiful to quiet you down and set the mood to draw you into the game, no matter how you feel before clicking the exe.

LE2: Yeah, i really, really, really, really love game music and audio.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 03:28:56 PM by Cosmitz »

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2015, 01:39:22 AM »

Amazing music Stian! Probably up there as some of my favorite games-soundtrack already, really does convey the feel of the Hegemony. Can't wait for the new update :)

SteelSoldier

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2015, 01:16:45 PM »

That was beautiful, keep up the great work man!

jimmyzoudcba

« Reply #68 on: September 29, 2015, 08:13:56 PM »

Good job Stian! Epic music!
xD I didn't see someone use Reaper in soooooo long.
lol maybe I would make a custom soundpack for Starsector ;/
Who knows?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2015, 08:15:56 PM »

I know this is kind of rezzing an old blog (and now, a REALLY old blog post, and an overshadowed one considering the latest one), but I just re-watched the video...and oddly enough, it's changed (at least, from what I remember).  Did Stian append some gameplay of the in-dev patch to the beginning of it while we were all distracted?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:19:54 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

TheBawkHawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2015, 08:22:16 PM »

I know this is kind of rezzing an old blog (and now, a REALLY old blog post, and an overshadowed one considering the latest one), but I just re-watched the video...and oddly enough, it's changed (at least, from what I remember).  Did Stian append some gameplay of the in-dev patch to the beginning of it while we were all distracted?

Good catch! And yes, it has changed (99% sure)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2015, 08:24:33 PM »

Ah, Stian, you sneaky composer. :D Hits us with a sucker punch and we don't even realize it.
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2015, 09:38:54 PM »

That's been like that since I first watched it shortly after it went up. :P

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2015, 08:23:46 AM »

I don't remember any of that video in it, just the still background image until the sound system.

rude_strudel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »

whelp, I have been playing this game proudly for over 2 years now each month awaiting eagerly to see how much further the development has come.... but this... my god... I had to create an account to announce my absolute LOVE for the atmosphere of this sound track!!! I eagerly await the release of the next version of the game and completed soundtrack!!!
1k Hours Playing Starsector in 5 years :D! Thank you so much Alex! - 2017
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6