Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: High Energy Focus Bug,  (Read 3040 times)

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
High Energy Focus Bug,
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »

Yeah... same exact thing as this post: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9091.0
High energy focus flux building still occurs when off, for beam weapons.

Buut unlike the other post, I'm in the latest version, and it still seems to be doing it, despite it supposed to be ...

Edit: I'm an idiot, Seems like I might not be up to date as I thought...
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 11:46:20 AM by ArkAngel »
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: High Energy Focus Bug,
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:49:09 AM »

<walks by and pretends to not notice the thread>

ArkAngel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 12:44:01 PM »

*cough* Uh, Yeah,the high energy focus bugs fixed, but might have found another.  :-\

When you use tatical lasers with integrated PD AI hull mod, it tries to only hit the missiles with it's tip edge of it's beam, which is a problem, because it keeps charging up to just the point where the missile is, and then shuts off and starts again. This is likely caused by the fact that beams go through missiles....

Is that a bug, or intended, because it looks like a burst pd laser when working, but far less effective.
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »

When you use tatical lasers with integrated PD AI hull mod, it tries to only hit the missiles with it's tip edge of it's beam, which is a problem, because it keeps charging up to just the point where the missile is, and then shuts off and starts again. This is likely caused by the fact that beams go through missiles....

Is that a bug, or intended, because it looks like a burst pd laser when working, but far less effective.
Huh; I haven't seen that behavior.  What I have seen is a beam trying to track a missile, shutting off when it gets off target, re-aiming, and trying again.  Have you tested this with the hull mod for boosted turret tracking speed, or on missiles that go more or less straight at you instead of salamanders?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:51:41 PM by Wyvern »
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 12:50:13 PM »

Yeah, it sounds like it's probably just too slow to keep up with it moving...

ArkAngel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2015, 01:08:55 PM »

Huh; I haven't seen that behavior.  What I have seen is a beam trying to track a missile, shutting off when it gets off target, re-aiming, and trying again.  Have you tested this with the hull mod for boosted turret tracking speed, or on missiles that go more or less straight at you instead of salamanders?
That's basically what it's doing more or less.

and it was on pilums, actually.
I'm haven't tried the boosted turret tracking, because the pilums are slow enough, for it not to matter.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2015, 05:24:08 AM »

Re: tactical laser problems.
I notice they retarget more if you have a target selected.  Tactical lasers as PD work better if you have no target selected.  Strange.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2015, 05:55:07 AM »

Yep, they turn on and off an awful lot as if they had a hard time deciding what target to go for. This makes them not as efficient as they could be, particularly for PD. Maybe some kind of preference for beam weapons to deal with a currently engaged small target before switching would help?

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2015, 06:35:31 AM »

About the not firing bug, its also because the turn rate for lasers is really slow, sometimes when you turn the ship they will lose target, wait 1 second before stop "firing" then turn" then turn on, then lose target again or decide to choose and other one because of reasons...