Fractal Softworks Forum
February 23, 2019, 06:10:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18); In-dev patch notes for 0.9.1a (01/31/19)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.9.0a] Upgraded Rotary Weapons V1.40 (2018/11/17)  (Read 39872 times)
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« on: June 19, 2015, 09:24:42 AM »

Compatible with Dark.Revenant's GraphicLib.
Use Version Checker to get noticed about any mod update.

This utility mod is pretty straightforward: it only replaces the vanilla rotary weapons' animations with (imo) smoother ones that spin-up and down progressively, and rotate faster when using Accelerated Ammo Feeder. Nothing more.

Take a look:
Modded
Vanilla
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:43:46 AM by Tartiflette » Logged

Nicke535
Commander

I make pink lasers

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:47:57 AM »

The amazing tartiflette has done it again.

Ryxsen1421
Captain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 11:43:26 AM »

I hope Dark Revenant-senpai will notice this and include this in Starsector+ under graphical enhancement.

Gothars
Global Moderator
Admiral

Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 11:56:59 AM »

I like the Storm Needler one a lot Smiley

Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 12:30:05 PM »

I hope Dark Revenant-senpai will notice this and include this in Starsector+ under graphical enhancement.
Already done for his next update.

I like the Storm Needler one a lot Smiley
I have a preference for the Assault Chaingun myself, but the Heavy Needler comes close second.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 12:34:31 PM by Tartiflette » Logged

celestis
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 08:31:19 AM »

Just beautiful!

Alex
Administrator
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 08:36:47 AM »

I'm really liking the Storm Needler myself, too. Such a nice feeling of heft as it spins down!
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 09:03:16 AM »

Well if someday you ask David to take some... hum "inspiration" from this to reproduce the animation and take a look at the script, I wouldn't mind at all.  Grin

Thaago
Admiral

Quantum Mechanic

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 12:34:20 PM »

I'm a huge fan of the little dark mark on the Storm Needler that only come around once/rev. Makes it really look like a rotating cannon instead of just a repeating pattern.

For the Thumper I would like something out near the end, like on the Chaingun (also love it) - it just seems odd to have the barrels unconnected like that.
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 01:01:21 PM »

I'm a huge fan of the little dark mark on the Storm Needler that only come around once/rev. Makes it really look like a rotating cannon instead of just a repeating pattern.

For the Thumper I would like something out near the end, like on the Chaingun (also love it) - it just seems odd to have the barrels unconnected like that.
All three animations have a small marker (red for the two others) but the Storm Needler rotate much slower than the two other and is much more visible. Also all turrets versions have the barrels disconnected like vanilla, only the hardpoint versions of the Assault Chaingun and the Strorm are long enough to accommodate a ring easily.

Sadly, the SS+ version won't have the marker: with all the normal-maps and material-maps it was a bit too many sprites to add.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 01:03:21 PM by Tartiflette » Logged

Dark.Revenant
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 01:17:21 PM »

All three animations have a small marker (red for the two others) but the Storm Needler rotate much slower than the two other and is much more visible. Also all turrets versions have the barrels disconnected like vanilla, only the hardpoint versions of the Assault Chaingun and the Strorm are long enough to accommodate a ring easily.

Sadly, the SS+ version won't have the marker: with all the normal-maps and material-maps it was a bit too many sprites to add.

Actually I just use a repeating normal map pattern; the main texture still has the full animation.

Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 04:04:20 PM »

Oh great!  Smiley

Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 05:30:47 AM »

Updated for 0.7a.

Surge
Commander

Go big or go home.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 06:17:49 AM »

Tartiflette! Always on point with everything! Fantastic work man.
Euqocelbbog
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 05:23:46 PM »

The Chaingun seems to have an issue when it is placed on a turret slot, where it's barrel looks a bit like the Thumper. It looks as intended on hardpoint slots. Also, in either case it seems to have the Thumper's windup and windup sound.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: