Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] AI War v0.3.1b (fix 2016-06-15)  (Read 66543 times)

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.65.2a] AI War v0.2.2 (update 2015-08-25)
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 11:02:08 AM »

You could totally inform the folks over there of your progress on this; if you haven't. Could be especially great if you got them a nice youtube video of the mod in action. I don't actually know much of the forums over there, though, so it may or may not actually be a good idea. I'd like to see their reactions.  ;D
Heh, I actually earlier dropped an old teaser pic here. Maybe I'll post again after the mod's post-0.7 update/polish release.
I'd been wondering if the two were related when I saw this here, hehe.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7a] AI War v0.3
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 11:17:37 PM »

Finally, here's the v0.3 release. Guaranteed 65% prettier and better sounding or your money back!

Also introduces the Neinzul:
Spoiler
[close]

AI War 0.3
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.3
* Starsector v0.7 compatibility
* Add Neinzul ships (enclave ship and two fighter wings)
* Remastered Spire ship and weapon sprites by HELMUT
* New weapon sounds by SniZupGun
* New Dark Spire mission "Shadow Hunters"
* New random missions (and improve Spire Test one)
* New portraits for Spire officers
* Add vengeance generators to Samarra, Eos Exodus, Penelope's Star
* Revamp vengeance generator/fleet handling
    * Reduce base spawn size, charge efficiency and secondary spawn sizes
    * Maximum of two secondary spawns per wave (configurable)
    * Generators closer to player in hyperspace terms are preferred for secondary spawns
    * Improve vengeance fleet composition
* Gemstone improvements
    * Relocated to east-southeast of Askonia
    * Remove some volatiles/organics complexes now that output is higher
    * System bigger in general
    * New, less bright background
    * Use new features from SS 0.7
    * Emerald glows at night
    * Secret Amethyst has a fixed name
* Balance changes:
    * Zeolite medium turret changed from energy to hybrid
    * Plasma Siege Gun damage now a single-barreled weapon; higher per-shot damage and better flux efficiency
    * Plasma Siege Cannon flux/shot 5000 -> 4800; now a STRIKE weapon
    * Heavy Beam Cannon series spread doubled
* Inorganic Populace market consumes fewer commodities
* Spire fleets drop unique Spire commodities
* Matrix Hardening AI improvements; takes shields (if present) into account
* Dark Spire aren't hostile to SS+'s famous bounties
* Give Mod-Z cruiser an ITU (fixes it not using all its OP)
* Change Sulfur pulser fire mode to ALTERNATING
* Externalize Dark Spire fleet assignment texts
* Custom Spire conversations for transponder, investigator, officer interactions
* More ship names
* Various text tweaks
* Bugfixes:
    * Fix irregular behaviour caused by shield radius exceeding collision radius
    * Fix Shield Bypass crash
    * Fix weapon glow when boosted by a shipsystem
    * Fix VotM title theme filename case (fixes Linux crash)
    * Fix Zeolite spam in stores for real this time

JohnDoe

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2015, 03:57:10 AM »

I could never get into AI War properly due to having trouble memorizing all the hull-types and what unit is good against which.
I mean, Light, Medium and Heavy I can get behind with, but it's all downhill from there. Refractive? Polycrystal? Neutron? What do they even mean?

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a] AI War v0.3 (update 2015-11-28)
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2015, 07:09:33 AM »

Mostly they mean 'don't worry about it until you need to kill something with that hull type', unless you intend to minimize losses. Then its also 'avoid sending ships that will get rekt from bonuses vs their hull type'.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2015, 03:46:19 AM »

Oh dear, crash bug found. Best not to play with this mod in the campaign until it's fixed on either Alex's side or mine.

I could never get into AI War properly due to having trouble memorizing all the hull-types and what unit is good against which.
I mean, Light, Medium and Heavy I can get behind with, but it's all downhill from there. Refractive? Polycrystal? Neutron? What do they even mean?
Yeah, the seemingly endless list of hull types is one of the game's needlessly complex legacy aspects. I've clocked hundreds of hours in it and the only ones I remember are polycrystal = bomber and neutron being used on some "fancy" ship types. At least you can quickly check the hull types at any time with the tooltips.

Fortunately, there's none of that stuff here :D

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2015, 06:34:24 AM »

I didn't have any problems with it yesterday in Devxerelin, is it related to the fancy engine in the enclave's description? Haven't seen one yet

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2015, 06:55:00 AM »

Yeah, enclave has no engines (instead it poops the pixie dust seen in the screenshot).
Probably should be fine as long as you don't run into one and make it use an ability (comment out the nzl_enclave entries in the faction file if you want to be sure of not meeting any).

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2015, 02:28:36 PM »

Oh hey, so that new carrier would be the cause of my crash?

Spoiler
2901687 [Thread-5] INFO  sound.OOoO  - Cleaned buffer for sound music (using cast)
2901702 [Thread-9] INFO  sound.OOoO  - Cleaned buffer for sound music (using cast)
2902004 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
2902004 [Thread-11] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
2902184 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.ColorShifter.getCurrForBase(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.ColorShifter.updateCurr(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.util.ColorShifter.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetMemberView.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleetView.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.fleet.CampaignFleet.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.BaseLocation.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I saw one in a dark spire fleet and the fleet may have tried to use emergancy burn; how would I go about removing it from spawning?
Probably should be fine as long as you don't run into one and make it use an ability (comment out the nzl_enclave entries in the faction file if you want to be sure of not meeting any).
In my "starsector/mods/AIWar" I see a .png, a .variant and a .ship file all caled nzl_enclave, what should I remove?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2015, 03:46:13 PM »

In my "starsector/mods/AIWar" I see a .png, a .variant and a .ship file all caled nzl_enclave, what should I remove?
None of them, you want data/world/factions/spire.faction and darkspire.faction
(specifically this part)

Note that this will only keep it from spawning new ships, not remove existing ones (you'll have to edit the save file for that, or wait for any existing ships to despawn).

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2015, 08:52:59 PM »

I suppose you could temporarily add an engine to it, and give it a custom hull mod of -100% damage taken to engine, or +9999999999999999% engine health or w.e.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2015, 08:27:18 PM »

I notice that crystal structure and shard reactor both exist, but don't get produced. While in older versions, this wouldn't matter, missions to haul this stuff around are created and are impossible.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
[0.7.1a] AI War v0.3b (update 2015-12-06)
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2015, 09:19:17 PM »

AI War 0.3b
Download

Changelog
Code
v0.3b
* Update faction configs for Starsector v0.7.1a
* Vengeance generator charge efficiency 0.16 -> 0.10
* Tweak fighters in fleet composition
* Spire commodities: pluralize names; don't appear in procurement missions
* Spire/Neinzul commodity drops work properly
* Fix Migration's reactionless drive still having GFX when ship is dead

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] AI War v0.3b (update 2015-12-06)
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2015, 09:39:13 AM »

I suspect that commisions require a new image file for it's graphic.

Code
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/AIWar/factions/crest_spire.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Armor Repair,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Beam Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Histidine-exerelin-ea9332d5f2df,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shield Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.util.C.Ó00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.util.C.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.K.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.K.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.K$1.run(Unknown Source)
19395 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/AIWar/factions/spire2alt.png (using cast)
19433 [Thread-9] ERROR com.fs.graphics.K  - Error loading [graphics/AIWar/factions/crest_spire.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Armor Repair,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Beam Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Histidine-exerelin-ea9332d5f2df,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shield Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/AIWar/factions/crest_spire.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Armor Repair,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Beam Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Histidine-exerelin-ea9332d5f2df,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shield Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.graphics.K.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.K.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.K$1.run(Unknown Source)
19499 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - ID                     Calls   Duration    Percent
19499 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - --------------------------------------------------
19499 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/AIWar/factions/crest_spire.png] resource, not found in [C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Armor Repair,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Beam Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Histidine-exerelin-ea9332d5f2df,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Shield Hard Flux,C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)

mvlbrotherg24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2015, 10:49:56 AM »

I keep getting this error each time I try to load up all of my mods. Like the post above me I believe it's missing some texture files.

Spoiler

27803 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/factions/luddic_church.png (using cast)
27809 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/portraits/portrait_luddic00.png (using cast)
27813 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/factions/crest_luddic_church.png (using cast)
27823 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/factions/luddic_path.png (using cast)
27826 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/factions/crest_luddic_path.png (using cast)
27837 [Thread-5] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/AIWar/factions/spire2alt.png (using cast)
27993 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/AIWar/factions/crest_spire.png] resource, not found in [C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Citadel,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Leading Pip,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TARGETS,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Save Transfer,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [graphics/AIWar/factions/crest_spire.png] resource, not found in [C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\AI War,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Autosave,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Citadel,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Common Radar,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Console Commands,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\DIABLEAVIONICS,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Interstellar Imperium,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\LazyLib,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Leading Pip,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Nexerelin,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\TARGETS,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Save Transfer,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\shadow_ships,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Simulator Overhaul,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Templars,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\Version Checker,C:\Users\Michael_Lim\Desktop\Game Folder\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\ShaderLib,../starfarer.res/res,CLASSPATH]
   at com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.graphics.OooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)

[close]

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2015, 03:41:05 AM »

Oops, forgot to commit the crest file to git...

Uploading fixed download now. Or put this in graphics/AIWar/factions:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6