Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: [0.7.2a] AI War v0.3.1b (fix 2016-06-15)  (Read 66714 times)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a] AI War v0.3b (update 2015-12-06)
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2015, 11:34:05 AM »

The collision... Shapes... for a lot of the ships seem to be overly simplified. While that "Starsector PSA #1: Your Ship's Bounds Polygon Is Too Detailed" post does suggest you use the minimum number of points possible, you cut too many, causing projectiles to visible phase through the ships in many cases.

Specifically, the Corvette and the Neinzul Enclave. You can easily get something much more accurate without adding any more lines.
I ran through the rest as well, generally removing a few points that barely added anything.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 11:54:19 AM by Ranakastrasz »
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2015, 08:27:33 PM »

The collision volumes don't include the corvette's wings and the enclave's arms because I figured they look like non-essential structures and it'd be silly to kill the ship by shooting them (also they might be too easy to hit). But if people find this setup more confusing, I'll change it.

Thanks for the feedback and the files, I'll look at them later :)

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2015, 08:42:47 PM »

I don't have any problems with the current bounds.

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2015, 01:39:35 PM »

Playing a campaign with this mod atm, I feel like their fleets spawn way too frequently. Literally every 5 seconds I see another dark spire doom fleet in hyper drive.
I really don't know what I'm doing...

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2015, 06:35:43 PM »

Playing a campaign with this mod atm, I feel like their fleets spawn way too frequently. Literally every 5 seconds I see another dark spire doom fleet in hyper drive.
Yeah, HELMUT brought that up too (though not "literally" every 5 s). Change made for next version:
Code
"chargeEfficiency":0.04,

(current value is 0.1)
(AI War/data/config/AIWar/vengeanceGenConfig.json)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: [0.7.1a] AI War v0.3c (small update 2015-12-13)
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2015, 04:03:54 AM »

Small quality-of-life update.

Changelog
Code
v0.3c
* Laser Pulser OP cost 6 -> 5
* Reduce vengeance charge efficiency further (0.1 -> 0.04)
* Plasma Siege Cannon requires cooperative status to purchase
* Cleaned-up collision bounds by Ranakastrasz
* Raise fighter supply costs a bit
* Frigates (and missile corvettes) more common
* Matrix Hardening AI should react to threats properly
* Badly damaged Dark Spire fleets should go home properly instead of hanging around indefinitely
* Adjust some starting relationships

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2015, 04:33:52 PM »

That moment that I look up AI War and I find the game really nice and massively destructive..
Ignorance is bliss..

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2015, 04:57:03 PM »

That moment that I look up AI War and I find the game really nice and massively destructive..
And also very hard as well. Like the level 7 or 8 AIs (there are two) is meant to take on EIGHT players
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2015, 05:11:33 PM »

And also very hard as well. Like the level 7 or 8 AIs (there are two) is meant to take on EIGHT players

I can tell from a video I am watching now.. I loved how the youtuber mentioned, that the creator of the game said if anyone won the game on 10 difficulty, it was a bug..

Also, do you mean 1 single level 7/8 AI is meant to take 8 players?.. This game must be "How games would be if the AI would work at full potential!" XD
Ignorance is bliss..

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2015, 08:43:48 PM »

I can tell from a video I am watching now.. I loved how the youtuber mentioned, that the creator of the game said if anyone won the game on 10 difficulty, it was a bug..

Also, do you mean 1 single level 7/8 AI is meant to take 8 players?.. This game must be "How games would be if the AI would work at full potential!" XD
No, two 7 or 8 level AIs versus 8 players
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2015, 08:59:17 PM »

No, two 7 or 8 level AIs versus 8 players

Definitely a great game!!!! Although considering it looks much harder than Crusader Kings.. I think I will stick to just watching "let's plays"...
Ignorance is bliss..

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2015, 09:27:17 PM »

The AI scales in strength with the number of players, so 8 players won't necessarily have it easier than one.

AI levels 7-8 are fairly challenging for even experienced players and require a good amount of game knowledge and strategy to beat; the really masochistic hardcore types push it up to >= 9. 5-6 is fairly tame if you know what you're doing.

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2015, 01:23:11 AM »

I want to ask something. Is it intended for the Dark Spire to be all over the galaxy spreading chaos (like they do in the actual game I guess XD). I am split between enjoying having them attacking anything them moves, including me and laughing how there were huge fleets chasing me as soon as I started. Amusingly I captured a Quartz Destroyer.. I wonder how good it will be XD
Ignorance is bliss..

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2015, 06:32:44 AM »

I want to ask something. Is it intended for the Dark Spire to be all over the galaxy spreading chaos (like they do in the actual game I guess XD). I am split between enjoying having them attacking anything them moves, including me and laughing how there were huge fleets chasing me as soon as I started. Amusingly I captured a Quartz Destroyer.. I wonder how good it will be XD
Depends on how many Dark Spire fleets there are. They're nice to have around as background decoration and something to bait enemy fleets into if any of them happen to be handy for the purpose, but if it frequently becomes difficult to dock with what should in principle be a secure market there's a problem.
With the current numbers they probably shouldn't spawn that often though!

Enjoy your Quartz :)
It's rather on the ugly and boring-but-practical side, but sometimes you just want something sturdy and reliable (especially for AI use).

Weltall

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2015, 02:28:18 PM »

I am really enjoying them because they actually feel like an evil alien faction that came to destroy everything. Other "evil" factions are usually pirate like, that even form teams and you can even side with them. Dark spire is all over and attacks everything that moves, no matter their alignment. I am really liking how they indeed seem like "pure evil". I am playing on 0.65.2a currently, since I wanted to at least play once a game with as many faction as Nexerelin could hold (I managed to get 24). Their number lowers in 0.7? I hope that is editable, because I would definitely raise it to the number it is on the current game, at least for a couple of plays. Definitely loving the inhospitable (to everyone) galaxy feel.

Actually I am finding it really cool looking, but I guess that is a personal view. My jaw dropped when I saw it classified as a destroyer. I am scared to see how strong the Cruisers and the Capital is.. Oh and as for designs, the only one that looks weird to me is the Amethyst. I would say the Feldspar too, but that one not so much. The reason I say the Amethyst look weird, is because it look more like an actual "human" designed craft, rather than feel like the rest of them. But I do not find it bad, I can make a lot of scenarios in my head why the shape is like that XD But definitely the Spire ships are my kind of ships.
Ignorance is bliss..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6