Fractal Softworks Forum
September 20, 2018, 04:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Salvaging Mechanics Update (09/06/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] New Galactic Order v.1.06b  (Read 123194 times)
Silver Silence
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #255 on: December 03, 2017, 04:38:51 AM »

Huh Huh Huh

NGO is abhorrent and unwelcome? Huh? What on earth spurred a post like this? Way to make a first post, I guess.
goodbye
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #256 on: December 03, 2017, 02:23:16 PM »

It's literally against the rules, isn't it? Rightfully so, I might add. Anything that glorifies racism, nazism, and bigotry deserves no platform. If Ahne were to try to distribute the 1.05 version of the mod he made on this site,  he would be breaking them. I'm a little surprised that I'm having to clarify the idea that racism, nazism, and glorification of such is abhorrent and unwelcome in the first place, it should be a given. I do appreciate Ahne for making a proper version that deserves to be listed along the rest of the content on this forum, however.

I guess it's a little weird that I didn't introduce myself elsewhere first, I was just so pleased by how this situation was handled that it's what motivated me to make a forum account in the first place.
Piemanlives
Commander

I've Got This, I think...

View Profile Email
« Reply #257 on: December 03, 2017, 03:42:04 PM »

-Snip-
Well first off welcome aboard!

But also this is getting a bit off topic. See moderation post:
I just want to remind everyone again to keep the discussion in this thread about the mod, not free speech, Nazism, forum moderation or anything like that. This goes especially for Voyager I, LucyTheTrans*Dictator, cpmartins, OzarMidrashim and Delta7. You have been warned.
So yeah, welcome to forum, try not to break anything.

This is called me throwing my missile swarm at you, and by swarm I mean massacre, and by missiles... I actually just mean missiles, there's actually not much to it really.
Igncom1
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #258 on: December 03, 2017, 04:07:01 PM »

I've played as plenty of bad guys in video games. From the Brotherhood of Nod to Isengard.

Don't see why NGO would be any worse.

But any who, back on topic, Are you planning on some NGO ship hull mods? Because I have noticed that their markets don't sell any, not even the ones from the base game.
goodbye
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #259 on: December 03, 2017, 05:51:41 PM »

Sorry if the conversation went on a bit of a tangent, I mainly just wanted to compliment the author. Silver Silence's confusion seemed like a request for clarification. Being new, I figure someone with as many posts as them has a good idea of what degree of digression is acceptable.
Gothars
Global Moderator
Admiral

Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 04, 2017, 07:23:57 AM »

@ goodbye: I'll let this slide since you are new, but please refrain from this line of discussion in the future. The same goes for everyone else. Piemanlives already quoted the relevant passage.

Cergos
Ensign

Fidem Serva

View Profile Email
« Reply #261 on: January 20, 2018, 10:17:12 AM »

To me, they always looked like a cross between the Peacekeepers from Farscape and The Empire from Star-Wars.

But I do like the style and look of the ships; they don't quite match vanilla colors but they look pretty intimidating in their own right.
So far they are fun to play with, and present an interesting challenge to play against.
The weapons are pretty awesome, with red lazers and baryon beams blanketing the enemy ships when they focus fire.
But overall they seemed pretty balanced. I preformed about as well with the vanilla ships as I did with NGO's(but I haven't matched up with some of their massive ships). Only area of concern is that maybe their fighters are a bit tough(even if they are very expensive), but that is the only minor concern so far.

Ohh but additional hull mods would be a cool idea, but I don't know what they would be.... maybe something to do with short ranged weapons or a much smaller but stronger shield?
Ahne
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 22, 2018, 06:36:48 AM »

Thank you for the feedback cergos, i will try to improve the mod but my mood to mod is somewhat hindered by ridiculous rotating shift work that i work in right now. The mod is not abandoned and will get an update at one point, at least once when a new starsector version appears or drastic bugs occur. Until then i hope you guys have fun and the mod improves your playthrough experience.

greetings
Ahne

Nikopol
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #263 on: February 15, 2018, 08:11:51 AM »

I really like this faction. But it's too overpowered. They have torpedoes with greater damage potential and distance than vanilla and on top of that infinite ammo. And what is it with torpedoes having this crazy high impact values?

So basically the tactic with your fleets boils down to cheap 'strip shields and kill it with supertorpedoes", which makes all other weapons pointless.

Even with high prices, it's just too easy after buying first cruisers, not even mentioning stronger ships which simply don't die. Honestly in my last game, the only ships destroyed were frigates and destroyers. Occasionally Tyr cruiser, but that is just because of it's size, it's a nice big target for enemy torpedoes.

I had to tone down the torpedoes, hulls and max flux for all ships to make it balanced. Also fighters and bombers are SUPER overpowered. Maybe you balanced this fleet to counter Templars, which works. After latest Templars balancing they are weak and your fleets just cut through them like a knife through butter. If that was your intention, then OK. But it doesn't work for me as it's just another Templars-like fleet.

I appreciate the amount of work going to this mod, it just needs proper balancing in my opinion. Anyway the ships and weapons are nice and the fleet looks uniform and nice. Thank you for your work and I hope you continue working on this mod.
DrakonST
Captain

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 03, 2018, 11:51:13 AM »

NGO(and already dead "Valkyrians") one of first mods which I have download for this awesome game at version 0.65. And i play whitch this mod so many times. But after a lot of time for which I have learn to draw (likely) and now for my eyes isn't pleasant to look at the ships from this mod.

But i think that I can correct it. Here and now I offer the help as artist and I have brought an example of that as I can change this ships:

I would like to draw all ships at once and to make a big surprise but... I remember what was with my attempt to revive "Valkyrians" mod and therefore at first I will ask permissions.  

Ahne, do you want new sprites?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 12:05:50 PM by DrakonST » Logged

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
Takion Kasukedo
Captain

The Embodiment of Defilement, TakionKasukedo

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 03, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »

NGO(and already dead "Valkyrians") one of first mods which I have download for this awesome game at version 0.65. And i play whitch this mod so many times. But after a lot of time for which I have learn to draw (likely) and now for my eyes isn't pleasant to look at the ships from this mod.

But i think that I can correct it. Here and now I offer the help as artist and I have brought an example of that as I can change this ships:

I would like to draw all ships at once and to make a big surprise but... I remember what was with my attempt to revive "Valkyrians" mod and therefore at first I will ask permissions. 

Amazing work Drakon, Could you try to keep that "Drilltip" look for the main engines though? Overall the ship looks like some of the badass sprites that SNK used to do, especially for Metal Slug (Your ones of course), but I've become fairly fixated on the old-style drilltip engines.

It's up to Ahne to approve though.

The Embodiment of Defilement reigns over his part of the galaxy.

FEAR THE CASCADE.
DrakonST
Captain

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 03, 2018, 01:22:38 PM »

Amazing work Drakon, Could you try to keep that "Drilltip" look for the main engines though? Overall the ship looks like some of the badass sprites that SNK used to do, especially for Metal Slug (Your ones of course), but I've become fairly fixated on the old-style drilltip engines.

It's up to Ahne to approve though.
"Drilltip" it is a little difficult in processing, but it can try to be made.
Also, i think it is possible to make animated "Drilltip". It is former simply mind-blowing.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 01:25:15 PM by DrakonST » Logged

I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.
DrakonST
Captain

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 04, 2018, 12:47:07 PM »

Hmmm... Ahne last time was at a forum mounth ago. It very bad...

Takion Kasukedo
Captain

The Embodiment of Defilement, TakionKasukedo

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 04, 2018, 01:51:26 PM »

I see, in that case, the one you seem to have done is fine as is then, if it may be a lot easier on your end, Drakon. I'll see about contacting Ahne whenever he's available, see if he does/doesn't respond, or is just plain busy. He'll see the messages anyways.

The Embodiment of Defilement reigns over his part of the galaxy.

FEAR THE CASCADE.
DrakonST
Captain

Lizard-Wizard

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 04, 2018, 01:58:29 PM »

I have sent to him the personal message. I hope he looks through the mail...

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19
  Print  

Jump to: