Fractal Softworks Forum
June 24, 2018, 07:34:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Pirate Bases, Raids, and Objectives (06/12/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] New Galactic Order v.1.06b  (Read 114023 times)
Phearlock
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 07, 2017, 09:44:18 PM »

Picked this up again after not having tried it since .72 Doing a Nex + Dynasector Corvus mode run with a bunch of other mods.

Current observations:

I don't know if I just haven't been lucky in the RNG. But I've seen very very few frigates for sale at Aesir, and as such have mostly had to use vanilla frigates.

Lot of NGO ships have about twice the fuel storage of their vanilla/mod counterparts. On the other hand, the NGO do not seem to have a dedicated tanker apart from the Magni, which is very good but only frigate sized.

Point defense guns (coilguns, phase pulse cannons) seem very bad at being point defense weapons. But in return they are excellent support weapons. I've been supplementing NGO ships with vanilla PD.

Some guns seem a bit too accurate? Whirlwind Cannon/Barrage cannon are a bit too strong with being extremely accurate in addition to being flux efficient. Would maybe suggest making them 1:1 flux neutral and maybe lower their accuracy to just "good" instead of "perfect".

Flash cannon: Probably should be a 12 OP weapon due to projectile speed + accuracy + good damage/shot.

Urd beam generator: Better than the 4OP tactical laser in all aspects except for being a tiny tiny bit less flux efficent. Should probably be 5 OP instead of 4.

Thrym artillery platform: 1400 HE damage/shot is a bit too strong. Rather increase the range and lower the damage/shot a bit?

Ullr Heavy cruiser: Has an obscene amount of OP compared to how few weapon slots it has.

Will post more stuff if I find anything else. Fun times so far
Jojo_195
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2017, 11:15:53 PM »

I second these observations. I feel a pain in my heart when someone talks about reducing the Thrym damage, though, even though it needs it.
Maybe making its OP and flux costs higher would be enough.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:33:36 PM by Jojo_195 » Logged
Raakashan
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #242 on: August 08, 2017, 07:25:05 AM »

Perhaps put the NGO plaque and the GIFs in spoilers for those with low spec computers? scrolling past that to read other info REALLY lagged my browser LOL Other than that looks great so far and looking forward to adding it to my plethora of faction mods Tongue

From what i know, pictures/gifs in spoilers are still loaded, so i don't think it would help. I could be wrong, though.

Well it didn't lag my browser today, which means even though its loaded it doesn't affect the graphics card as much which may have been the issue for me lol, netbooks don't like gifs XD
A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 08, 2017, 07:30:44 AM »

Perhaps put the NGO plaque and the GIFs in spoilers for those with low spec computers? scrolling past that to read other info REALLY lagged my browser LOL Other than that looks great so far and looking forward to adding it to my plethora of faction mods Tongue
Your browser may have just had a bad day. :p Most likely just wanted to sleep. XD
From what i know, pictures/gifs in spoilers are still loaded, so i don't think it would help. I could be wrong, though.

Well it didn't lag my browser today, which means even though its loaded it doesn't affect the graphics card as much which may have been the issue for me lol, netbooks don't like gifs XD
Gothars
Global Moderator
Admiral

Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2017, 11:55:14 AM »

Removed the off-topic discussion.

I just want to remind everyone again to keep the discussion in this thread about the mod, not free speech, Nazism, forum moderation or anything like that. This goes especially for Voyager I, LucyTheTrans*Dictator, cpmartins, OzarMidrashim and Delta7. You have been warned.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 12:28:01 PM by Gothars » Logged

Ahne
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 22, 2017, 07:14:03 PM »

=NEWS=

NGO Version 1.06b released

=Balance Pass Version=

WEAPONS:

Flash Cannon:
Flux costs per shot increased 290->330
Turret movement slightly increased

Thrym Artillery Platform:
Damage per shot decreased 1400->1100
Range increased 1000->1100
Flux costs per shot decreased 2200->1700
Ammo size reduced 30->20
Accuracy reduced, has now spead per shot

Whirlwind Cannon:
Accuray reduced, has now bigger spread per shot
Flux costs per shot increased 240->255

Barrage Cannon:
Flux costs per shot increased 70->80

Plasma Pulse Cannon:
Flux costs per shot increased 125->135

Urd Beam Generator:
Flux costs increased 85->100

Proton Particle Lance:
Flux costs increased 480->550
Range increased 950->1000

Alpha Particle Lance:
Flux costs increased 1050->1150

Bilskirnir:

SHIPS:

Magni Freighter:
Cargo reduced 140->130
Fuel increased 240->260

Forseti Support Cruiser:
Hit Points reduced 5500->5000
Max Flux Capacity reduced 7000->6500

Skidbladnir Troop Transporter:
Max Crew increased 400->500

Svadilfari Exp. Heavy Tug:
Inbuilt weapon mount position fixed

Ullr Exp. Heavy Cruiser:
Ordnace Points reduced 210->180
Price reduced 190000->170000

Njord Siegecruiser:
Ordnance Points reduced 195->185

Donar Battleship:
Ship system replaced fortressshield->burn drive

Hersir Battlecarrier:
Shield base position fixed

MISCELLANEOUS:

Star System Location changed:
"Aesir":[14200, -2850] -> [12200, -2800]

-Ship doctrine optimized

-Some ship variants adjusted

-Burndrive ship system changed to function more like a rapid forward acceleration instead of a long distance travel

-Some describtion changes

NGO Version 1.06b

greetings & have fun
Ahne
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 08:41:35 PM by Ahne » Logged

canned Tomatoes
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 24, 2017, 07:39:21 AM »

I haven't tried out the 1.06b, but is it really necessary to remove the Donars fortress shield? I already have a Vidar for fast heavy firepower in my fleet, having one more fast capital wouldn't be necessary.
The fortress shield has saved me a number of times already, giving it the ability to back out safely from a fight to vent, so if you want to give it a mobility system, I would prefer something in the vein of maneuvering jets, so it can get out of a fight to vent and then get back to finish whatever it was fighting.

CastleBravo
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »

I'm glad to see that your mod is available again!

I'm playing a new game with it installed, and I noticed that your Ammo Feeder system seems to be overriding the vanilla ship system, which is no longer granting a bonus to weapon flux use.  I'm not a modder, but I seem to have hacked my way through a fix for this.  I thought the problem might be caused by you using the same "AmmoFeedStats.java" script name as the vanilla ship system, so I renamed it to "AmmoFeedStatsNGO.java", and edited the content of that file as well as the "ammofeedNGO.system" to reflect the new script name.  Now the vanilla "Accelerated Ammo Feeder" gives me the flux bonus on top of the ROF bonus, and your system does not.  Looking at the list of ship system scripts in your mod, I think you might be overriding a vanilla ship system with every one of them.
Ahne
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2017, 08:29:17 PM »

hey you are welcome,

i will look into that. Thanks for the info. have fun!

Des
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2017, 07:18:29 PM »

Good to see both your dedication and the balance pass, I'll definitely go for another fresh start and see how it compares to vanilla/mod factions now.

I haven't tried out the 1.06b, but is it really necessary to remove the Donars fortress shield? I already have a Vidar for fast heavy firepower in my fleet, having one more fast capital wouldn't be necessary.
The fortress shield has saved me a number of times already, giving it the ability to back out safely from a fight to vent, so if you want to give it a mobility system, I would prefer something in the vein of maneuvering jets, so it can get out of a fight to vent and then get back to finish whatever it was fighting.

Fortress Shield was a bit much for the Donar with how durable it is already, unless something has unholy amounts of EMP/Reapers I rarely feel in danger when venting. I agree with having Maneuvering Jets instead unless that would be given to the Vidar then I would be fine with Burn Drive Donars, mostly because I would love to see that for my Aggressive/Reckless Vidar officers.
canned Tomatoes
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2017, 07:43:56 AM »

Fortress Shield was a bit much for the Donar with how durable it is already, unless something has unholy amounts of EMP/Reapers I rarely feel in danger when venting. I agree with having Maneuvering Jets instead unless that would be given to the Vidar then I would be fine with Burn Drive Donars, mostly because I would love to see that for my Aggressive/Reckless Vidar officers.

I shared some other ideas with Ahne before but I might discuss it with others in this thread. I had some more ideas what to give the Donar.
For example a system that raises the shield very fast. I prefer having long range weapons on my battleships so I can leave the shield down and focus more on firing. If it then gets surrounded such a system would be an armor saver.
Alternative, maybe a system that drops flux with limited uses, simliar to the Asura class from Blackrock to give the Donar more endurance in a straight slugging match with another battleship or a bunch of cruisers. 
Embercloud
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 13, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »

Loving the mod so far, only criticism I can think of right now that are a few typos, especially in the faction description and capital planet text.

Keep up the good work, hope you stick to it until release
Igncom1
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2017, 10:47:27 AM »

I'm really enjoying the mod so far, thanks for making it!
Ahne
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2017, 07:45:38 AM »

I'm really enjoying the mod so far, thanks for making it!

Thank you, good to hear.

greetings
Ahne

goodbye
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2017, 02:48:45 AM »

It's heartwarming to see such devotion from creators like Ahne, that they'll correct and continue updating their mod after being informed that it's abhorrent and unwelcome in a place like this, and pretty much anywhere else. It's reassuring to know that while some companies like EA, Activision, and Bethesda are content to make millions by selling the opportunity to get into fantasy gun fights with and as literal nazis or other morally abhorrent groups to the general public, the humble Fractal Softworks have the moral fortitude to hold in contempt one of the few people that make free marketable content for their game.

People that understand that being gratified for your work doesn't matter, so long as it helps someone else. People that understand that monetary success is irrelevant compared to promoting morality. There aren't enough of either in the world, but I'm glad we have some of each here.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19
  Print  

Jump to: