Fractal Softworks Forum
August 24, 2017, 01:31:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: A True and Accurate History of the Persean Sector (8/16/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] New Galactic Order v.1.06b  (Read 78671 times)
Kevin Flemming
Lieutenant

So say we all.

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2016, 07:48:48 AM »

Switch ShaderLib to...
...Hope this helps.

Changed over to the new "SS+" setup (with the individual modules) and still crashing as combat initiates, after deploying ships.

990428 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.B.getTextureId(Unknown Source)
   at org.dark.shaders.util.ShaderLib.renderForeground(ShaderLib.java:1098)
   at org.dark.shaders.util.ShaderLib.isForegroundEmpty(ShaderLib.java:634)
   at org.dark.shaders.light.LightShader.drawLights(LightShader.java:948)
   at org.dark.shaders.light.LightShader.renderInWorldCoords(LightShader.java:943)
   at org.dark.shaders.util.ShaderHook.renderInWorldCoords(ShaderHook.java:135)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.C.o0oO$Oo.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.A.new.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I wasn't using the Hiigaran/Kadur/Bushi mod anyhow, just mentioned it as that also causes a crash at the same point.

Screw it, I'm done lol. Too much faffing around. Just going to stick with the mods that I know work without any issues. Looking through the new Ships and Weapons pack, there are some sweet XIV variants of ships I use when playing a Hegemony game so time to join them again it seems!

Thanks for the help though, it's greatly appreciated! Grin
Orikson
Captain

Always Seen on Discord

View Profile Email
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2016, 08:27:41 AM »

Switch ShaderLib to...
...Hope this helps.

Changed over to the new "SS+" setup (with the individual modules) and still crashing as combat initiates, after deploying ships.

990428 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException

I wasn't using the Hiigaran/Kadur/Bushi mod anyhow, just mentioned it as that also causes a crash at the same point.

Screw it, I'm done lol. Too much faffing around. Just going to stick with the mods that I know work without any issues. Looking through the new Ships and Weapons pack, there are some sweet XIV variants of ships I use when playing a Hegemony game so time to join them again it seems!

Thanks for the help though, it's greatly appreciated! Grin

Oh well, up to you. I did try out the combat with the NGO, seems to be working fine.

In the case you want to play NGO again, I would suggest delete every mod you have and re-download them. Sometimes, a mod has been updated but the Version Checker does not detect it.

My current set up is:

Faction controls and addition wise:

- Dynasector
- Nexerelin
- Diable Avionics
- SCY Nation
- Junk Pirates
- Underworld
- NGO
- PBC
- P9 Colony
- Metelson
- Steiner Foundation
- Templars
- BRDY
- Shadowyards
- Interstellar Imperium
- Mayorate
- Tiandong
- Ships/Weapons Pack
- Neutrino

Utility mods: All but 'Simulator Overhaul', 'A.I. Overhaul' and a few others.

"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC
Kevin Flemming
Lieutenant

So say we all.

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2016, 11:41:12 AM »

Oh well, up...
...a few others.

I never got to play it the first time lol. It's always crashed at that point for me. Thought I'd give it another try and if it didn't work, cry about it on here. Cheesy I just read in the Ships and Weapons forum that running both Dynasector and SS+ together, with the .ship edit might make it work. So one last try.

Appears that I wasn't "out of options" after all. So quick to throw in the towel sometimes, I tell you. Roll Eyes

EDIT: Well. So far, so good. A bunch of freighters works okay. I'm in combat, flying around. No crash and everything acting as it should. Now to see if there are some more ships elsewhere (bleh, unlucky on the market inventories sometimes) as it might be a specific ship that caused it before.

EDIT2: Nope. Spoke too soon. Back to crashing again, even though I've edited that file correctly (I'm pretty competent at following instructions, especially simple ones lol). I re-downloaded every mod I was using as well, they're all up-to-date so literally no idea what is causing it now. Appears to be exactly the same thing as before.

2086429 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException

Happened when I added some "combat" ships to my fleet. One of each Capital, a couple of Cruisers and some Destroyers. It doesn't like something to do with the combat ships, for whatever reason. Worked fine when I just flew into a battle with nothing but Freighters. Could even be weapon-related. But I don't have the patience to bother going through each ship and every weapon trying to find the problem. I'd rather just play than sit around trying to get mods to work.

That's exactly why I've never played a fully-modded Skyrim, spent far too much time *** around with mods and lost interest. Undecided
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:33:21 PM by Kevin Flemming » Logged
Orikson
Captain

Always Seen on Discord

View Profile Email
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2016, 08:28:31 PM »

Oh well, up...
...a few others.

I never got to play it the first time lol. It's always crashed at that point for me. Thought I'd give it another try and if it didn't work, cry about it on here. Cheesy I just read in the Ships and Weapons forum that running both Dynasector and SS+ together, with the .ship edit might make it work. So one last try.

Appears that I wasn't "out of options" after all. So quick to throw in the towel sometimes, I tell you. Roll Eyes

EDIT: Well. So far, so good. A bunch of freighters works okay. I'm in combat, flying around. No crash and everything acting as it should. Now to see if there are some more ships elsewhere (bleh, unlucky on the market inventories sometimes) as it might be a specific ship that caused it before.

EDIT2: Nope. Spoke too soon. Back to crashing again, even though I've edited that file correctly (I'm pretty competent at following instructions, especially simple ones lol). I re-downloaded every mod I was using as well, they're all up-to-date so literally no idea what is causing it now. Appears to be exactly the same thing as before.

2086429 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException

Happened when I added some "combat" ships to my fleet. One of each Capital, a couple of Cruisers and some Destroyers. It doesn't like something to do with the combat ships, for whatever reason. Worked fine when I just flew into a battle with nothing but Freighters. Could even be weapon-related. But I don't have the patience to bother going through each ship and every weapon trying to find the problem. I'd rather just play than sit around trying to get mods to work.

That's exactly why I've never played a fully-modded Skyrim, spent far too much time *** around with mods and lost interest. Undecided

Just run SS+ With NGO if you want the Mobile Headquarters mod. Run Dynasector if you want the latest items and had deleted the mobile headquarters from NGO. Never run SS+ and Dynasector together, no matter what, because even if they can be compatible with each other through edits and stuff, they were never meant to be run together.

Dark.Revenant
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2016, 08:37:05 PM »

SS+ is fully compatible with DynaSector.  NGO is broken and outdated.

Orikson
Captain

Always Seen on Discord

View Profile Email
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2016, 08:56:15 PM »

Oh well, I'll wait for the update then. I was wondering why SS+ is compatible with Dynasector after the split. Can you explain to me why was that made so, what the effects are now and what do they offer? Thanks.

Kevin Flemming
Lieutenant

So say we all.

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 26, 2016, 05:43:34 AM »

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with it. At least for me anyhow.

It's not a big deal though. I tried it and failed multiple times with various methods. End of story. So it's back to playing. Grin
BogdanM
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2016, 10:40:27 AM »

Yeah, there's definitely something wrong with it. At least for me anyhow.

It's not a big deal though. I tried it and failed multiple times with various methods. End of story. So it's back to playing. Grin

I think I managed to get it working, maybe... Instead of only deleting "mobile_headquarters" from ngo_battlefreighter.ship, I've deleted everything from "bultInMods" up to "builtInWeapons" (so three lines and ], at the end). I can start a new game without SS+ enabled (I'm using DynaSector) and I managed to engage large NGO fleets (multiple types of military ships) and go to the tactical battle map without crashing but I didn't check if there were battle freighters in those battle as well. I also don't know if I've messed up anything else by deleting those lines, I've only got the game yesterday and stumbled upon this problem while checking out the mods. If I encounter other problems I'll leave a comment here.
MrKibe
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2016, 05:24:20 PM »

Nope, it's just broken. My guess is it has something to do with the lack of shaderlib (because now it's graphicslib) or something because all the log mentioned that a no brains for code like me can understand was shaderlib.

I tried removing the 3 lines but the game still crashes and gives me the same log as before when I tried to go into battle with the super carrier or the battleship. I guess we'll have to wait until the author updates the mod.

Edit: I forgot to mention; everything else other than the super carrier and the battleship work completely fine, up to the big flathead carrier and the heavy cruisers. The mod still works if you don't mind having a big end game ship.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 05:40:29 PM by MrKibe » Logged
NightfallGemini
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2016, 11:10:24 PM »

It wouldn't be Graphicslib. I'm using Graphicslib right now and it's fine with NGO.
BogdanM
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 07, 2016, 05:22:40 AM »

Nope, it's just broken. My guess is it has something to do with the lack of shaderlib (because now it's graphicslib) or something because all the log mentioned that a no brains for code like me can understand was shaderlib.

I tried removing the 3 lines but the game still crashes and gives me the same log as before when I tried to go into battle with the super carrier or the battleship. I guess we'll have to wait until the author updates the mod.

Edit: I forgot to mention; everything else other than the super carrier and the battleship work completely fine, up to the big flathead carrier and the heavy cruisers. The mod still works if you don't mind having a big end game ship.

Alright, thanks for trying it out. I still believe deleting those tree lines did something for me at least, because before I did so it would crash while creating a new game world if I didn't use SS+ and if I would enable SS+ it would create the game world but still crash every time I engaged a NGO fleet. I'll try to find a fleet containing the battleship or super carrier and see if the game crashes for me as well.
MrKibe
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2016, 09:25:52 PM »

It wouldn't be Graphicslib. I'm using Graphicslib right now and it's fine with NGO.

I didn't say Graphicslib was the issue, I said that the lack of shaderlib could be the issue since the mod page still says it requires Shaderlib to work. I use shaderlib fine as well, considering I can't even launch the game without it crashing.

Alright, thanks for trying it out. I still believe deleting those tree lines did something for me at least, because before I did so it would crash while creating a new game world if I didn't use SS+ and if I would enable SS+ it would create the game world but still crash every time I engaged a NGO fleet. I'll try to find a fleet containing the battleship or super carrier and see if the game crashes for me as well.

Deleting the one line Mr K mentioned makes the mod able to run. At least for me anyways, deleting it made my game able to launch, and I could get into battles/make a new game completely fine with all the ships I was able to test other than the Super Carrier and the Battleship.
Orikson
Captain

Always Seen on Discord

View Profile Email
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2016, 09:41:54 PM »

I didn't say Graphicslib was the issue, I said that the lack of shaderlib could be the issue since the mod page still says it requires Shaderlib to work. I use shaderlib fine as well, considering I can't even launch the game without it crashing.

Graphicslib is an upgraded version of Shaderlib. I'm currently using it and it works fine with NGO on.

MrKibe
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2016, 12:08:47 AM »

Graphicslib is an upgraded version of Shaderlib. I'm currently using it and it works fine with NGO on.

Sorry, I meant that I use Graphicslib fine and that the lack of a discontiunated/outdated version of it (Shaderlib) might have been the cause.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 12:11:09 AM by MrKibe » Logged
Orikson
Captain

Always Seen on Discord

View Profile Email
« Reply #194 on: June 09, 2016, 04:12:30 AM »

Sorry, I meant that I use Graphicslib fine and that the lack of a discontiunated/outdated version of it (Shaderlib) might have been the cause.

Maybe. Sorry I mistyped my reply, still haven't figured out how to properly do stuff on this forum.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
  Print  

Jump to: