Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Mod toll rate and other modding help  (Read 2809 times)

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Mod toll rate and other modding help
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:37:38 AM »

Hi everyone,
First of all let me say this is a great game and the community here is fantastic.
Now to my issue, i'm playing a modded game with Starsector + and nexerelin mods installed and other factions so I'm playing a trade/combat style game where I trade to cover for my combat expenses but the problem is the toll by the patrols are killing me they take away atleast 200k each time I go to dock to their planet and sometimes even again after I undock even after most of my fleet has shielded cargo bays.
So my question is how do I mod this out or atleast reduce the percent they take.

Now to my second question, how do I mod the logistic points I get from the Fleet logistics skill, I want it to provide me with 10 points per level instead of 5 to a max of 100 maximum logistics capablity instead of 50
also, how do I mod just the straight up logistics points I get from putting points in Leadership currently it gives 3 points per aptitude lets say I want it raised at 10.

Thank you for any help.

LazyWizard

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub Profile
Re: Mod toll rate and other modding help
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:50:25 AM »

Now to my second question, how do I mod the logistic points I get from the Fleet logistics skill, I want it to provide me with 10 points per level instead of 5 to a max of 100 maximum logistics capablity instead of 50
also, how do I mod just the straight up logistics points I get from putting points in Leadership currently it gives 3 points per aptitude lets say I want it raised at 10.

Open data/characters/skills/scripts/SkillData.java, modify FLEET_LOGISTICS_LOGISTICS_STAT_BONUS and LEADERSHIP_APTITUDE_LOGISTICS_BONUS respectively.

If either of those mods messes with these values themselves it'll be significantly more complicated, sadly.

Edit: it looks like SS+ does edit SkillData. You would have to extract the scripts from its jar, edit SkillData, recompile it, and replace SS+'s jar with your own modified version in order to change those values and have it stick.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:19:59 AM by LazyWizard »

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:49:51 AM »

Hi,
Sorry if this is a noob question can I do this using 7-zip i'm not new to modding but the *.jar format is new for me cause I can certainly open .jar files with 7-zip and it shows all the folders and all.

Dark.Revenant

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Sc2Mafia
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 12:46:35 PM »

A .jar is essentially a zip folder, so 7-zip works fine.

Anexgohan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »

Alright then, off to modding.
Also any idea how to mod toll rates.

Sabotsas

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 01:08:06 PM »

Open data/characters/skills/scripts/SkillData.java, modify FLEET_LOGISTICS_LOGISTICS_STAT_BONUS and LEADERSHIP_APTITUDE_LOGISTICS_BONUS respectively...

Quick question: I copied the SkillData into the mod folder [\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\mods] and edited it (with windows editor) there with no effect on the main game (I tried existing saves and new campaign).
I am not running any other mods.

When I edited the SkillData file in [data/characters/skills/scripts/SkillData.java] it worked.

Any idea why this is the case?