Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 90

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 574287 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7a (Released) Patch Notes
« Reply #1275 on: November 27, 2015, 06:23:40 AM »

Hey guys, have any of you actually seen the Sabot Pod (medium size) in the game at all? I'm just curious. Don't think bad luck could account for a total absence of that weapon in my playthrough so far...
i have seen it a couple times, yeah, but it is rare. probably seen 3 or so, currently at lvl 45. that's just from black markets though.

One more extended question:  Is there a range limit to markets' sensors?  If I kill patrols in the system, do the markets panic no matter where in the system I kill patrols or only within a certain range?  If there is a range limit, what is it?
yup, if you lure them far enough, the market won't know about your battles. but i don't know the exact distance, or whether it's dependent on something like size of the fleet/battle.

Zaskow

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 27, 2015, 06:30:38 AM »

Then I raised the chances in the config file to 20% and it really feel like I get one attempt every 5 battles...

Can you explain how you did this? Thanks.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 27, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »

I just save scummed a Gryphon to board. It's a really fun ship, albeit a little oP. To be honest, I'm afraid Alex will nerf it too hard and make it not viable. I tried it full of MRM's against an Onslaught and he killed every single one of my thousand missiles... nerf flak pls.

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 27, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »

gryphons are really good until you realize that a decent sized battle sends them to 10% CR as opposed to every other cruiser being at like 50%. they are a huge supply drag and often can't be deployed in every fight because of the CR problem.

imo all you have to change is the flux cost of the system to be much higher. the reaper fit is the only thing that's grossly ridiculous, and that's just because anything that spams reapers annihilates anything that can't get out of the way.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 27, 2015, 09:12:35 AM »

Just putting a decent reload time on the "one-shot" missiles would help with that.  It's a simple fix that I've advocated doing for quite a while.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: November 27, 2015, 09:35:33 AM »

Just putting a decent reload time on the "one-shot" missiles would help with that.  It's a simple fix that I've advocated doing for quite a while.

True. The red torpedoes come in mind. I mean, one would usually fire another missile before another torpedo. I really hope it will not be overly nerfed. Great idea though.

Aklyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: November 27, 2015, 10:48:38 AM »

If you can support more than one cruiser, you can probably afford some extra supplies. Or just pilot the gryphon yourself to make sure it supports but doesn't demolish itself. Either way yeah, hoping alex doesn't go overboard on the nerf.

Troll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: November 27, 2015, 10:50:35 AM »

Finally used the reaper myself then with no officer, and finally with a missile spec officer.
Fun to use, quite OP with a reaper build, good with a Harpoon build, better off with a Venture with a Pilum build.
My officer was a cautious one and with the MIRV pilum salamander build it was doing okay on the special - only two times against the largest Luddic patrol in Eon Exodus - but I won't even try with an aggressive one with a Harpoon / reaper build.

I think a very high flux cost would be the best correction to the ship. Either overloading the ship, or bringing it in the danger zone. Since the ship isn't really supposed to fight with flux building weapons or really use its shields, I think it wouldn't be too much for such a powerful system. Also, it can make players mitigate the flux build up by using hullmods to lessen downtimes.

Hey guys, have any of you actually seen the Sabot Pod (medium size) in the game at all? I'm just curious. Don't think bad luck could account for a total absence of that weapon in my playthrough so far...

I searched though my stockpile and indeed I never found one before. I just finished blockading the last of the major factions' main station (around 3 weeks each) and I also never found a single one. Maybe it simply hasn't been added yet.

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: November 27, 2015, 11:31:55 AM »

I randomly had a sabot pod. The small version.

@ Gryphon . Guys I think we are underestimating Alex. Gryphon has 12% CR usage with 3% per day recovery. It's only saving grace is that large missile slot (I use the new swarm explosive missile for fighters/frigates- AWESOME). I reloaded  times in a fight- lost almost 50% CR. Must wait 15 days to fill up (in enemy territory). So it's balanced. Nerf the torpedoes.

Btw. I'm having more fun with a Dominator harpoon boat: insane armor-check;tons,o,missiles-check; long range pew-check; imune to missiles/fighterswarms-check. Cheap ass ship-CHECK. Dat Gryphon was nothin' but a gif.

Troll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: November 27, 2015, 11:40:18 AM »

The problem is somewhat more that you can't really give it to an IA and let it be. You may end up with a unusable ship right at the start of the engagement due to AI overusing the system. The goal is to have a sustainably usable ship, not a limited one which only serves once per month.

As for a harpoony Dominator, i agree that it should be quite good. I recently removed the Reapers from my Onslaught to do the same and it works quite nicely, though is somewhat redundant with the mass of guns that ship is.
In fact, it might be way better for the Dominator.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: November 27, 2015, 02:32:05 PM »

Sabot pods do seem quite uncommon, along with railguns. Only seen one of those so far.
Squalls and Locusts only seem to appear in black markets for me (probably my Jonah level luck in play).

As for a harpoony Dominator, i agree that it should be quite good.
Btw. I'm having more fun with a Dominator harpoon boat: insane armor-check;tons,o,missiles-check; long range pew-check; imune to missiles/fighterswarms-check. Cheap ass ship-CHECK.

This is my default Dominator setup.
Harpoons are amazing things because they kill anything, even if some things are better than them with certain targets. Which is really great for a ship which can't twist about all over the place.

H. Pods for missiles. Heavy autocannons on the wings, flaks in the mediums, and PD all over the tail. Anything else in whatever is left.
It can take on literally anything that isn't a massive murderball as a flagship, and makes for a pretty decent AI buddy.

Troll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: November 27, 2015, 03:09:31 PM »

I'd really like to try a SO Dominator but I can't find the damn thing, even more since I have been faction locked for a while.

Abradolf Lincler

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: November 27, 2015, 03:29:33 PM »

There is a little thing I've noticed, Trade fleets in hyperspace just fly straight toward their destination, not giving a crap about storms. It would be nice if they used the clear paths towards their destinations, like actual trade routes. It would also make it easier to make ambushes and it would be more IMERSIVE

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: November 27, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »

i've been using a Dominator XIV flagship with SO for a bit now, and it's pretty awesome. HAGs in the large slots and 3 Light Needlers in the front small ones, with ~100% passive weapon flux disspation. 3 Harpoon Pods with Expanded Missile Racks to murder anything nimble enough to avoid my front guns (which isn't much), to finish off overloaded ships or just to kill things at long range. even cruisers can't usually deal with a swarm of 12 Harpoons with rank 10 Missile Specialization coming their way. 2 Dual Flaks in the medium slots and 4 Vulcans at the back deal with anything less than 3 Dagger wings coming my way ^_^

i imagine it would work very well in the hands of an Aggressive officer as well!

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
« Reply #1289 on: November 27, 2015, 10:41:34 PM »

There is a little thing I've noticed, Trade fleets in hyperspace just fly straight toward their destination, not giving a crap about storms. It would be nice if they used the clear paths towards their destinations, like actual trade routes. It would also make it easier to make ambushes and it would be more IMERSIVE
They should cross small patch of deep hyperspace tho. Hybrasil - Corvus route can be insanely long if you avoid it entirely.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 90