Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 90

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 574260 times)

Cycerin

• Admiral
  • beyond the infinite void
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #630 on: November 17, 2015, 02:28:15 PM »

Removing venting entirely is brutal, going to have to see how that feels.

Keep in mind that the normal dissipation rate is equivalent to venting speed w/o SO. It's like you're always venting.

O_O

will be interesting to see how that works for BRDY.

Brdy ships directly modify the vent rate, which is irrelevant here, so it won't be as good as it seems. Probably still a valid tradeoff.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:29:58 PM by Cycerin »

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 17, 2015, 02:28:36 PM »

Is the damage setting still available or is it gone? Also, are we limited to nine officers (because we the player count as one) or ten
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 17, 2015, 02:33:56 PM »

Oh, right, fuel too. Forgot to list that.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 17, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »

Brdy ships directly modify the vent rate, which is irrelevant here, so it won't be as good as it seems. Probably still a valid tradeoff.
yeah, that's what i meant. on the one hand, it makes the BR Flux Core useless, and many BR ships already have a low CR timer. but on the other hand, a highly aggressive playstyle with even better mobility sounds like a good fit. should make for an interesting choice, i think.

Oh, right, fuel too. Forgot to list that.
ok, ty :]

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 17, 2015, 02:55:08 PM »

Removing venting entirely is brutal, going to have to see how that feels.

Keep in mind that the normal dissipation rate is equivalent to venting speed w/o SO. It's like you're always venting.
Venting speed with or without Dedicated Conduits?

(Normal vent speed is not fast enough for me, which is why I get Power Grid Modulation 5/Dedicated Conduits perk as soon as I can... after I reach Technology 7 for the two most powerful hullmods - Augmented Engines and ITU.)

P.S.  Also, because of how brutally expensive Safety Override is, I planned on sacking vents to get the OP needed for Safety Override.  (Max vents is usually a no-brainer for most ships.)  But now that venting is not possible, I may want to keep max vents... maybe.  If I cannot fit Safety Override in, I probably will not bother with it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:58:40 PM by Megas »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 17, 2015, 02:59:46 PM »

Without DC. Just mean that regular venting: 2x dissipation; SO: 2x dissipation. With DC it's 3x. Which is probably a bit much, honestly, but I'll look at that later.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 17, 2015, 03:02:01 PM »

P.S.  Also, because of how brutally expensive Safety Override is, I planned on sacking vents to get the OP needed for Safety Override.  (Max vents is usually a no-brainer for most ships.)  But now that venting is not possible, I may want to keep max vents... maybe.  If I cannot fit Safety Override in, I probably will not bother with it.

Well, you get 2x the benefit from vents with SO, so sacking vents to get it might be counter-productive.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 17, 2015, 03:11:14 PM »

Well, you get 2x the benefit from vents with SO, so sacking vents to get it might be counter-productive.
Agreed, but Safety Override costing so much OP to use, I foresee the need to give up something to squeeze it in.  In my case, taking away from vents will probably be the least painful option (I also planned on getting Safety Override, combined with additional faster venting options, to vent spam very hungry flux hogs like crazy) - I refuse to part with Augmented Engines and ITU.  I suppose Resistant Flux Conduits gets the axe since I use it mostly for faster vent speed, but that alone will not be enough.  (I put Resistant Flux Conduits on most of my ships too.)  I doubt I want to downgrade weapons too (unless I get it solely for range), though I usually put missiles on the chopping block if squeezed for OP (limited ammo is not good when OP is scarce).

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 17, 2015, 03:51:46 PM »

Yeah, I can see dropping vents if you want SO as a "speed boost at the cost of peak time" option, rather than a dissipation boost. But it's a lot of dissipation to give up, and Augmented Engines + SO may well be overkill, while ITU is kind of pointless with SO. In any case, I'm excited to see how this turns out :)

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 17, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »

Added current "suspicion level" to black market tooltip

"All" button in deployment dialog will now select as many ships as possible for deployment when there aren't enough points to select all of them, instead of being disabled

Mah babies ;D

"Trade disrupted" and "price update" reports only show up in the campaign-level message list if they're from the same system.

You mean the same system you are currently in? Or when the messages come together?

If the first one, what about hyperspace?

The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2015, 04:10:39 PM »

"Trade disrupted" and "price update" reports only show up in the campaign-level message list if they're from the same system.

You mean the same system you are currently in? Or when the messages come together?

If the first one, what about hyperspace?

The system you're in, and they don't when in hyperspace. The idea is the main contribution of these messages is updates to the price map; if you show all of them it gets really spammy.

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 17, 2015, 04:31:21 PM »

Hi Alex,

Glad you opened this thread up again.

I just wanted to say that right now I am playing SS with modified settings file so I have 2000 trade fleets with nexerelin.

After the update, if I attack a trade fleet, will other trade fleets help fight against me? Cuz then I have like 50 massive fleets against me...
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 17, 2015, 04:33:29 PM »

After the update, if I attack a trade fleet, will other trade fleets help fight against me? Cuz then I have like 50 massive fleets against me...

I don't think your save is going to make the transition. Just a bet.  ;D

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: November 17, 2015, 04:49:08 PM »

I don't think your save is going to make the transition. Just a bet.  ;D

lol. Naw man, I toss saves in a day, then make a new one with drastically different settings file config. 2000 trade fleets isn't really demanding for some reason. 10k will probably push it tho.
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

Bribe Guntails

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 17, 2015, 04:51:38 PM »

Can't wait to play the 0.7 release and see how much playing the game actually changes with Sensors, Fleet NPC's, and more.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 90