Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 90

Author Topic: Starsector 0.7a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 577744 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector 0.7a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2015, 05:13:41 PM »

Hmm, checking into it some more, you're right. It needs a market size of 6+, but it can also be generated in very large trade fleets and in very large person-bounty fleets. So, yeah, it's technically in the campaign, but is super difficult to actually acquire. That one, you can probably expect to be easier to get at some point.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2015, 03:28:57 PM »

there are some gaps in ship roles I'd like to eventually fill

Just want to mention that I find the lack of other light cruisers besides the Falcon most regrettable :)
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Vulpes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2015, 11:38:55 AM »

For travel time, how about the equivalent of random encounters?  Wormholes that could take you anywhere, the remains of a scrapyard, a trade fleet limping home without any fuel and... well.  There are no aliens, but you could have pre-collapse drone fleets that were sent to explore the universe with conventional drives.  Just a bunch of interesting/dangerous things the player has to actively grab at; superfleet type things would also make the endgame more challenging. 

Some people suggested what surprises that basically amount to *traps*.  This seems a bad way to deal with travel time; normal travel should be fun or just be reduced, rather than ending up frustrating/tedious.

Also, SS is now approaching the magic 1.0; are there any plans for more exploration oriented gameplay, like randomly generated/hidden systems and content: stuff like tech mining, digging up autofactories and making/finding hidden bases in uncharted regions (such pro pirate)?

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2015, 11:58:38 AM »

Just want to mention that I find the lack of other light cruisers besides the Falcon most regrettable :)
I would have preferred Falcon to be shrunk a bit and classified as a destroyer.  Either that or given two more light mounts ahead of its mediums so it does not need to choose between PD or assault.  As it is, I prefer smaller and cheaper options over the Falcon.

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2015, 12:52:48 PM »

Any word on the ships that have not been added back in, like the torpedo bomber, sabot fighter

These aren't even on my radar right now, honestly. Little bits of content (which is what those guys are, imo) are going to come and go. They might come back, and they might not. We'll see!

and the huge carrier?

I'm not sure what ship you're talking about - if it's the Astral (high tech carrier, capital ship) then it's still in the game, both missions and campaign. It shouldn't even be that rare at the one Tri-Tachyon military base. If it's something else, then consider me officially confused :)

Yeah the Astral, sorry, I haven't actually played the game for a few months because I pretty much maxed out the game as it stands >.>

I love the little torpedo bomber though! PLEASE put it back in? *bambi eyes*

Kzanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 30, 2015, 07:21:15 AM »

I'm just wondering how much until the release of 0.7.  I downloaded the game yesterday, played 5 hours just looking for comms from mercenaries (I've read the blog). Then I realized the patch didn't hit. Had to cry myself to sleep... :'(

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 30, 2015, 07:28:09 AM »

For this release or one in the future, can we have quality of life improvement for ship deployment? Specifically, I'd like a "shift+2 left clicks" to allow you select/de-select large groups of ships at once. For example, you click, "deploy all," then shift+ 2 left clicks a swath of support ships on the tail end of your fleet (cargo, fuel, tugs) that you don't want to deploy to get them out of the roster. Or, if you are chasing and just want to send frigates, shift+ 2 left clicks just the frigates which you have in a convenient adjacent row. Simple solution to an irksome problem of large fleets

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 30, 2015, 07:38:53 AM »

For this release or one in the future, can we have quality of life improvement for ship deployment?

You know that you you can assign and choose custom groups with ctrl+1 -9?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 09:59:46 AM by Gothars »
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Unfolder

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 30, 2015, 09:18:43 AM »

No! That would be a handy tooltip or hint fffffffuuuuuuuhhhhh

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 30, 2015, 09:35:33 AM »

I'm just wondering how much until the release of 0.7.  I downloaded the game yesterday, played 5 hours just looking for comms from mercenaries (I've read the blog). Then I realized the patch didn't hit. Had to cry myself to sleep... :'(

My apologies! To answer your question: "when it's ready". Apologies for that, as well :)

No! That would be a handy tooltip or hint fffffffuuuuuuuhhhhh

Added. Yeah, that's extremely well hidden.

I love the little torpedo bomber though! PLEASE put it back in? *bambi eyes*

The Trident, with the two Atropos torpedoes? Maybe at some point, but I think it could use some tweaks first, so we'll see.

Yetti

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2015, 09:51:10 AM »

Wanna see in future releases of starsector a player (your ship/fleet) vs huge starbases and spase stations with orbital weapons! like this

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2015, 02:13:59 PM »

Wanna see in future releases of starsector a player (your ship/fleet) vs huge starbases and spase stations with orbital weapons! like this

OMG Dat Orbital Fusion Cannon is scary as f**k!

Zelnik

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2015, 09:24:12 AM »

I just want to see the trident put back in... nothing fancy... nothing exciting.. I just like my little evil manta-rays of death

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2015, 01:25:04 AM »

Tridents are pretty effective bombers. Always cool to see them launch thierpayload all the time. Unlike the... Dagger...

ArkAngel

• Captain
  • The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2015, 06:42:00 AM »

Tridents are pretty effective bombers. Always cool to see them launch thierpayload all the time. Unlike the... Dagger...

Eh, the Atropos Toros never seem to make it to there target.
Interesting idea:
I wonder how a trident would work with a sabot launcher instead. Sabots are fairly close range at this point .
"Yes... Yes I -am- sending you, alone, unarmed, against the might of the Hegemony defense fleet.  Not to worry - watching how they obliterate your puny frigate will be most... enlightening.  I shall dissect their tactics and emerge victorious!  Any questions? Then get to your ship, you launch in 5."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 90