Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Mission editor 0.5 (Updated April 10) LINUX COMPATIBLE  (Read 38183 times)

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mission editor 0.47 (Updated March 26) MAC TESTERS REALLY NEEDED
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2015, 08:09:12 PM »

Azmond, Soren: Thank you for helping me!

Azmond: You wouldn't actually be 'compiling' the source, as Python is an interpreted language. You'd just be running a program that converts Python code into machine code on the fly, making it much simpler than compilation. However, I understand that it might be difficult for less tech savvy people. Thank you for testing it using WINE!

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2015, 10:03:18 AM »

Xander, Wine didn't work, but I'll see what I can do to get it to work. otherwise I'll see what I can do with the source as well as how to get it to work.

As I work to get the source going... ::
Spoiler
Spoiled not to take up a whole page if it ends up being such.

I'm using Linux mint, it is based of Ubuntu LTS. In particular it's Linux Mint Rebecca 17.1 and I've more than enough memory (8 gb which is a considerable ammount not a ton though) to run the program and others without issue.

So, first thing I did was made the code executable. After that I found I needed to install Pygame Libs (look up Python Pygame in the Software Manager it should come up) and installed that. After that I was told to install "python-tk" This resulted in MM working, for a second. Before crashing as it failed to find the needed files for windows.

This is an easy fix as I direct it to the graphics folder for the window's version of starsector I've installed for code use (and Trybolts ShipMaker (which also runs on wine quiet nicely))

So I try doing that an this is the resulting code...
Code
peter@peter-hp ~/Documents/codework/starsectormod/mission/StarsectorMissionMaker $ python MissionMaker.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "MissionMaker.py", line 774, in <module>
    hulls.append(Hull(os.path.join(hullPath, i)))
  File "MissionMaker.py", line 90, in __init__
    self.load(filename) #Activate everything
  File "MissionMaker.py", line 129, in load
    if self.image.image.get_width() > 45 or self.image.image.get_height() > 45:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'image'

[close]

Tell me what you think.

Edit: I at least go it to function to something! xD
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 10:59:35 AM by Azmond »

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2015, 11:00:02 AM »

Just to make sure, did change the Path.txt?

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2015, 02:24:08 PM »

Yes, I changed the path TXT file.
Spoiler
Code
Path code changed
====================
Hulls;/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/Stragey/SSmissiondev/data/hulls
Variants;/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/Stragey/SSmissiondev/data/variants
Images;/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/Stragey/SSmissiondev/graphics/ships
Mods;/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/Stragey/SSmissiondev/mods
Missions;/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/Stragey/SSmissiondev/mods/mi/data/missions
====================

Drive letter is seen as Z: in windows applications.

[close]
Attempt on wine results in this. Meaning the user has to direct wine to point the Program to the DLL's which i'm assuming can be downloaded or otherwise found in wine allready as part of the code.
Spoiler
Code

peter@peter-hp ~/Documents/codework/starsectormod/mission/dist $ wine MissionMaker.exe
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\libvorbis-0.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbis-0.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbisfile-3.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\SDL_mixer.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\pygame.mixer_music.pyd") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\libvorbis-0.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbis-0.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbisfile-3.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\SDL_mixer.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\pygame.mixer.pyd") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\pygame.mixer.pyd") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\peter\\Documents\\codework\\starsectormod\\mission\\dist\\pygame._numericsndarray.pyd") not found
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"00000409", 0080: stub!
fixme:keyboard:X11DRV_LoadKeyboardLayout L"00000409", 0001: stub!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "MissionMaker.py", line 808, in <module>
WindowsError: [Error 267] Directory name invalid: '/home/peter/Documents/linuxgames/Stragey/SSmissiondev/mods\\Neutrino corp\\graphics\\neutflag.png/*.*'
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x12354f0) stub
(Stub stub stub and more stub ...)
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x10006c48) stub
fixme:msvcrt:__clean_type_info_names_internal (0x1e24d188) stub

(((Porgram ends at this finale stub)))

[close]
EDIT::::
At least, that's what I'm assuming ti means, so, after I get dinner started an pick up my mother i'll try downloading and installing the DDL's into the Wine C: drive and see how that functions... If anything I'll put it in wine and see how it works.
Other than that, the only way to get it working I see being possible is using a VM machine with windows XP/7/maybe 8

... who knows.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 02:35:16 PM by Azmond »

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2015, 03:28:44 PM »

Ugh... I am an idiot. My code expects windows paths (Backslashes)... Ugh... This is going to take some serious refactoring. If I get it to work, I'll post an update. Thank you for helping.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 04:35:45 PM »

Don't mention it. It seems to WANT to work with wine, but it's coming up with issues regarding the given DLL's,

This is the code BEFORE, I looked up the DLL's an downloaded them from the internet.
And note, THIS IS THE .exe NOT THE PYTHON SOURCE CODE
Spoiler
Code
 wine MissionMaker.exe
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\libvorbis-0.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbis-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbisfile-3.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\SDL_mixer.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\pygame.mixer_music.pyd") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\libvorbis-0.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbis-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libogg-0.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\libvorbisfile-3.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library libvorbisfile-3.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\SDL_mixer.dll") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\pygame.mixer.pyd") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\pygame.mixer.pyd") not found
err:module:import_dll Library SDL_mixer.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Common Files\\dist\\pygame._numericsndarray.pyd") not found
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault

[close]

After installing my own DLL's to see what would happen I came to this error/Crash
Which, considering things. is a much better step... even if it's still a step down the stairs and into the basement. @~@
Spoiler
Code
fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint Winepulse is not officially supported by the wine project
fixme:winediag:AUDDRV_GetAudioEndpoint For sound related feedback and support, please visit http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1960599
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault

abnormal program termination
[close]

However, after disabling the Winepulse Driver through the Configureation... Well, I didn't get anything of a change really. :/ 

EDIT: after fooling around with it some more I've given up for now... @~@ I'll see how it runs in a VirtualBox and post the result in a spoiler.

The VB was... Not helpful... >~< It, hurt. A lot, oh gods it hurt.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 11:00:13 AM by Azmond »

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 06:32:45 PM »

I've got a few ideas, I'll try them in a little while.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2015, 07:55:01 AM »

This is an updated source. I doubt it will work, but we can hope...  :)

Download

Thanks! :)

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »

SUCCESS! :D  It produces the needed files an runs smoothly.

Thank you! I can get mission's basically set up an from there add things as I see fit. :)
THough I do have one question.  Does it only gather the ships from vanilla SS or does it also have ships that it takes from the mods in the mod folder? Because as  far as I was able to see, it was only the vanilla SS.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2015, 01:41:14 PM »

IT WORKED?!?!? I am amazed. Anyway, you can add modded ships by pressing 'm' and selecting the mod you want to enable. :) Tell me if you have any trouble getting that to work.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mission editor 0.5 (Updated April 10) LINUX COMPATIBLE
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 02:42:37 PM »

Mission Editor 0.5 Release

Loading missions is still partially implemented. THE SOURCE WILL NOW RUN ON LINUX! Thank you, Azmond! If you want to know how to set it up, I would ask him, as he was the one who figured it out. MissionMaker will now automatically add the mission to mission_list.csv (I was surprised how easy it was to implement)

The download links have been updated.

If you have any problems, discover a bug, or have a suggestion/request, please tell me so I can fix/add it.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2015, 09:07:38 PM »

Mission Editor 0.5 Release

Loading missions is still partially implemented. THE SOURCE WILL NOW RUN ON LINUX! Thank you, Azmond! If you want to know how to set it up, I would ask him, as he was the one who figured it out. MissionMaker will now automatically add the mission to mission_list.csv (I was surprised how easy it was to implement)

The download links have been updated.

If you have any problems, discover a bug, or have a suggestion/request, please tell me so I can fix/add it.

Oh dear, what've  I given myself?

ADD THIS FOR INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO USE IT ON LINUX!!! (in my case LinuxMint )
Code

To get MM working on linux you need to follow these steps.

ONE: Install needed Libs
........You will need the Libs:
............python-pygame
............python-Tk
............These can be Installed through the software manager or other native OS methods.
TWO: !!! MAKE THE MissionMaker.py EXECUTABLE !!!
........This is important and has two paths to be taken.
............The first way to do it is the GUI:
................Right-click the flie, then go to Properties, click that and go into the "Permissions" tab.
................Once in the Permissions tab, go down to the bottom and you should see something that reads " Allow executing file as program"
................That will allow it to run after the next steps are completed.
........However, in the event GUI does not work for somereason or another, there is the all mighty console to work with.
............Open a new console and/or terminal whichever you have that acts as the command-line.
............Once there "cd" or move to the folder containing the MM python file somehow.
............Upon reaching the py file, type " chmod u+x MissionMaker.py "
............This should make the file executable by your account and you can more onto step three.
THREE: Make sure the paths is edited correctly!
........If not done this will cause an error because it's looking for WINDOWS files initally. This is a fairly simple step and really doesn't need my input any further but to change the Paths.txt to where your hulls, variants, and etc are.
FOUR: Make sure you run it in the terminal!
........This is a MUST, it will help you squish any bugs should any occur and it DOES NOT, run otherwise.
........Simply type in the Terminal "python MissionMaker.py", wait a second an it should pop up with the fancy BG with a bunch of vanilla ships!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 09:52:40 PM by Azmond »

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2015, 09:30:16 PM »

Oh dear, what've  I given myself?

Not quite sure what you mean...

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2015, 10:06:13 PM »

Loading missions is still partially implemented. THE SOURCE WILL NOW RUN ON LINUX! Thank you, Azmond! If you want to know how to set it up, I would ask him, as he was the one who figured it out.

I figured it out, I've given myself a tool, but I also gave myself responiablilty, which is power. The power... o, o
Or I'm trying to make a joke and failed utterly, again.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 10:10:02 PM by Azmond »

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2015, 06:03:16 AM »

Well you don't have to help people, but seeing how I can't even get Starsector running on Linux...

Edit: Did you ever figure get modded ships to work?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:56:59 AM by Xanderzoo »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5