Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Mission editor 0.5 (Updated April 10) LINUX COMPATIBLE  (Read 38062 times)

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: Mission editor 0.4 (Updated March 18) MODDED SHIP SUPPORT ADDED
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2015, 09:17:56 PM »

Ah, gotcha. I see how the different python versioning would be annoying. Then again if you say it needs Python 2.7 in the install instructions, anyone using Linux should be able to figure it out and update. :P

Also, looking through the source... I laughed when I saw the 1 second pause for dramatic effect. +100 style points.

Suggestion for automatic adding of mission.csv (king of halfway): Have the program generate it in its own directory if it does not exist, and append if it does. Then all the user has to do is drag that file into the larger mod folder when putting the multiple missions together. Then again, its not too much work to just make the csv ourselves.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »

Ha... I was wondering if anyone would get far enough in the source to find the delay. :) Your idea for the adding to mission_list.csv sounds good, but it'll probably be added later on. I have to apologize for the total lack of comments in the source.  :-[ Maybe I'll change that sometime.

Edit: I am now working on commenting the code.

Edit: Uh-oh, I just realized that the source code probably won't run for anybody because I didn't include necessary modules! Sorry!

Oh, and speaking of funny things, do you like the message you get when you accidentally report your own post to a moderator?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 09:41:09 PM by Xanderzoo »

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2015, 10:17:19 PM »

Mission Editor 0.41 Release

The code has been commentified! And the source code will probably run (The exe definitely will). Please tell me if it doesn't.

The download links have been updated.

If you have any problems, discover a bug, or have a suggestion/request, please tell me so I can fix/add it.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mission editor 0.41 (Updated March 19) MODDED SHIP SUPPORT ADDED
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2015, 10:34:15 PM »

One way you could use to auto-search the paths is to search the registry: HKCU/Software/Fractal Softworks/Starsector. I was a bit confused about the program not launching because of Starsector being on different drive.
But correcting the paths didn't help to run it. Did I get it right that all python libs are bundled and I don't have to install anything additionally? I'm running Win8. The editor just shows the black window for a second and silently goes down. Didn't find any logs in the folder.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2015, 10:45:13 PM »

All right, as I said, I'm not 100% sure if Windows 8 is supported.

Try this:

Open the command prompt
Type in cd (Wherever you put the mission editor)
Type cd dist
Type MissionMaker.exe

Post the text that is spit out

Oh, and you are using the .exe, right?

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mission editor 0.42 (Updated March 19) MODDED SHIP SUPPORT ADDED
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2015, 07:51:29 AM »

Mission Editor 0.42 Release

Asteroid fields are in! After you've finished with your nebulae, press the right arrow key to go into asteroid field mode. Let click and drag to add. You cannot delete because I haven't figured out line collision detection yet. :(

I have also tweaked draw order, so when you are editing a specific type of object it is drawn on top.

If you have any problems, discover a bug, or have a suggestion/request, please tell me so I can fix/add it.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mission editor 0.43 (Updated March 19) MODDED SHIP SUPPORT ADDED
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2015, 10:22:21 AM »

Mission Editor 0.43 Release

You can now toggle mod ships by pressing 'm'. They default to off, so if you don't see any mod ships when first opening MissionMaker, don't panic.

I'm looking for ideas on how to make this a little easier to use. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2015, 10:52:33 AM »

I have now created 10 missions in the MissionPack mod using MissionMaker.

If you're interested in seeing what MissionMaker can do, click here.

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2015, 11:52:45 AM »

All right, as I said, I'm not 100% sure if Windows 8 is supported.

Try this:

Open the command prompt
Type in cd (Wherever you put the mission editor)
Type cd dist
Type MissionMaker.exe

Post the text that is spit out

Oh, and you are using the .exe, right?

Finally got it to work. Seems like some stuff in my mods folder interfered with the editor: it soesn't like the zips and some other stuff there (possibly something is wrong with your search algorithm - I guess you would intend to search only subfolders).
It took about half minute for editor to launch, is that normal?

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2015, 12:08:48 PM »

Yes, it's normal if it has a lot of modded ships to load. I'm glad you got it to work. :)

Can you tell me what you had in your mods folder?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 12:16:17 PM by Xanderzoo »

celestis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2015, 12:15:58 PM »

Can you tell me what you had in your mods folder?
Well, it the "it works" variant it has:
Blackrock, common radar, EVE mod, Ironclads, LazyLib, Mayorate, SCY, some work in progress mod, ShaderLib, TwigLib + outdated Star Wars, UomozSector and Star Treker. I suppose there's a lot of sprites, so maybe that lag is expected. On the other hand, I guess people rarely have all the mods running at the same time, so there might be some mod selector not to load everything.

It didn't work when having ZIP archives of some of these mods and also one more outdated mod of mine.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2015, 12:17:06 PM »

Ah. I'll put out a patch that will stop it from trying to load zip files. I'm not sure about the outdated mod though... Thanks for reporting it!  ;)

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Mission editor 0.44 (Updated March 19) MODDED SHIP SUPPORT ADDED
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2015, 12:25:47 PM »

Mission Editor 0.44 Release

This fixes a bug where zip files in the mods folder will cause MissionMaker to crash. I think I fixed it. If it's still around, please tell me.

The possible bug where it breaks because of an outdated mod is still undiagnosed.

c plus one

• Commander
  • 'Make Jumpgates Great Again!'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »

Mission Editor 0.44 Release

This fixes a bug where zip files in the mods folder will cause MissionMaker to crash. I think I fixed it. If it's still around, please tell me.

Does the code also ignore .rar & .7z as well as .zip? I can't test this myself because I'm stuck on an old Mac. I think it wise that MissionMaker side-step both of these archive formats as well.
Quote from: Lopunny Zen
you are playing them wrong then..

Don't tell me I'm playing anything wrong in a singleplayer sandbox game. Just don't.

Xanderzoo

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2015, 12:38:04 PM »

Actually, it'll ignore anything that's not a regular folder. So even if you have weird things like .png's, it'll still work. That's a thought though. (If you want to speed up Mac compatibility you could help me--I don't know how Macs work.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5