Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Starfarer Extended for 0.5a  (Read 62304 times)

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer Extended for 0.5a
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »

Yes please.. I totally want a frigate mounting a Cyclone Reaper launcher..

dokterschlonz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 08:04:28 PM »

thanks for the hint, paul. i forgot about this.
- removed all unnecessary world files.
see first post for download.

Ovoid Orca

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »

You might want to rename the graphics/ships/Oort.png file to all lowercase.

Linux users get a error using the mod since the filename is case sensitive and it comes up as missing.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2012, 01:29:19 AM »

Yes please.. I totally want a frigate mounting a Cyclone Reaper launcher..
*cough*

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=22.msg885#msg885

:D

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2012, 02:17:12 AM »

many rofls, and an evil laugh transpired on reading that link

maxfun03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 05:34:23 AM »

i have a little problem with your mod it seems something is missing hier is the error

Fatal: Ship hull variant [pac_attack_malleus] not found!

i also have attached the log file

[attachment deleted by admin]

ShadowLurker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 05:03:49 AM »

Is the missionary of lud vessel supposed to be 540k? 13500 Hangar space doesn't sound reasonable for a ship that size :s

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 11:59:11 AM »

Anyone having an issue with killing an enemy scarab?

I spawned with a wolf frigate with a graviton beam, the 3 green laser point defenses (forget the name) and 2 harpoon missile racks.

When i try fighting the scarab the grav beam and 2 of the point defense lasers dont even begin to dent its flux shield. The bar simply stays at the very start, even using a kinetic beam weapon and some energy beams at the same time on it. Just seems kind of unkillable even using weapons designed to take out shields.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 03:02:01 PM »

Same as the above post, I noticed that some of the scarab variants, particularly the autopulse variant are a bit unbalanced, with their mix of extremely powerful shields and good engines they can take on just about anything. I was playing the mod compilation released by DeathSG, so if that's an issue specific to the compilation disregard.
Other than balance issues you've done a fantastic job, the ships fit in quite well with the styles already in game, and they certainly do a great job of rounding out the existing fleets some. Particularly a fan of the Tipi, the game's lack of a dedicated carrier other than the astral kind of bugged me, and this thing makes a nice alternative to the converted freighter.
On a final note, (dunno if you're taking requests) it'd be nice to see a buffalo conversion variant with direct fire weaponry and a bit more hull strength or perhaps a directional field gen. I can't imagine the pirates would rip all those parts out to make a 'destroyer' class ship with the only result being the Buffalo Mk. 2, that thing's a deathtrap.

Alexander86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 03:23:32 PM »

I just have to say that i really love the dragoon the goose mk2 and the scarab ships they're awesome.

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

honestly, i havent found the scarab ships that problematic - They lack adequate flux to maintain firing their weapons and their shields.. If you just sit there tanking them, they will run out of flux far before you will

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »

Love the work you've done here. Lots a cool ships that really fit in with the theme.
That scarab is a beast, not sure if I should love it or hate it, but that thing can outlast some destroyers with that nice shield and good armor. Could use better variants though.

One thing I noticed though is that the Goosefleets have only cruisers which makes them very easy to capture/destroy as I can cap all the points with fighters and whittle them down. The Goose MK2 is pretty fun as a MIRV boat, it can pump out a dizzying array of missiles with that setup, ouch!

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2012, 12:37:10 PM »

Excellent sprite work, and the ship designs are quite pleasing.

I don't mind the ships being relatively overpowered to most vanilla ships, it makes for an interesting challenge taking them on.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2012, 12:46:50 PM »

Yeah the scarab is OP... It has good armor and hull for a frigate, but also a good shield, and decent speed and maneuverability. What it lacks is flexibility in weapons with only three slots. But yeah most frigates will have a long time in taking one of these guys out. I think the shield should be slightly worse. I want to say it is .8 now and it should probably be a even 1 considering it's heavy armor.

Nori

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2012, 08:18:28 AM »

So I'm using Paul's "Gun Runner" mod that adds the extra stations. Everything has been going great, but I noticed that none of the ships from this mod show up to be bought. So many of the ships I haven't even seen yet, which is a bummer since I'd like to try em all out. That small carrier would have been nice in the beginning.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7