Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: High Energy Focus improper functionality <Solved>  (Read 1548 times)

TheHengeProphet

• Commander
    • View Profile
High Energy Focus improper functionality <Solved>
« on: March 26, 2015, 03:59:31 PM »

After some testing with a Sunder, I found that the High Energy Focus ability would double the flux production of all beam weapons, whilst not providing any noticable damage increase on any energy weapons whatsoever.  Additionally, once activated, the flux penalty would endure until combat had concluded.

I checked in the script for HEF, and didn't see a terminating clause for that function, either.  I don't know what what your stated values are, and I'm not used to your formatting, but it looks like you're adding 50% damage to energy weapons and increasing damage taken by 100%, while multiplying the cost for beams by 10?

I'm left wondering why this function makes beams cost more, or more specifically why it makes beams EXCLUSIVELY cost more.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:00:04 PM by TheHengeProphet »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: High Energy Focus improper functionality
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »

• Fixed issue with High Energy Focus that made it greatly increase beam flux use during battle

Download 0.65.2a RC2, and this problem will go away.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

TheHengeProphet

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: High Energy Focus improper functionality
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:37:11 PM »

Thanks, the RC2 part is not listed on the main page.  I was still running RC1 not knowing there was something new!